Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,670 Member
    nossmf wrote: »
    If it makes your smile even bigger, my leg day yesterday I did 4x10x568 on leg press, compared to your 589. You go, girl!

(Of course, now I know I need to increase the weight used next week...lol!)

Missed doing this last week, but I did remember this conversation at the gym yesterday after work, so when the guy before me asked what weight to leave on the sled when he finished I told him to leave it where it was, and did 4x10x658 (along with 4x15 at the same weight for calf raises).

Have at thee, @KickassAmazon76! lol

Well... You're ahead still... My last leg press was 6,6,7 at 639lb lol
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,782 Member
    lol Don't worry, I don't intend to get into a continual battle of "who lifted more" scenario. I just wanted to point out how an online conversation made its appearance into my real-life workout, lol.

Besides, my numbers today pale against my numbers from a few years ago. Even though my squat today is heavier than back then, my leg press back then squashes my numbers today. Not sure how, am guessing it was a combination of doing the leg press all...the...time back then, plus I'm fairly certain my depth wasn't as good then as it is now, but I do know (thanks to a manic dedication to logging workouts) that I was doing sets of 20 with 7 plates, sets of 10 with 10 plates, and have a lifetime 3RM of 1,200# (12 plates per side, plus a 2.5# plate in the center to make the math work out).
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,426 Member
    Okey, first session done in the gym again after 4 weeks no gym and only 2 home workouts and recreative cycling

And i am humbled...

Was planning on doing 4 sets of 6-8 on Bench, DL and Squats at 60% of my 1RM (which clearly is not my 1RM i am capable off right now)
    Ended up doing Bench at 70% for 3 sets of 8/9/8
    Deadlift at 60% for 3 sets of 5
    And started doing my squat warmups, and when i started doing my first set at 60% it felt so heavy...i was not even able to do more than 2 reps

Here below is my last warmup set.
    jetamowtcijm.gif

A good thing though, they have a heel elevated tool now, so i used that for my squats, and holy *kitten*, i could notice when doing warmup sets that i got much deeper.

Here is a screenshot of the video of today:
    c1pu68lcs3qd.jpeg

To some this may not look much, but i could feel getting past the point i was used to.
    Perhaps that is also a reason my squat felt heavier, dunno.
    I just know, that i am gonna give it time to build up again with my heels elevated, even if that means starting with 1 plate again and slowly building up

Looks like good form Gus and sounds like you have a good mind set on your approach.

Thank you Chris.
    I just need to remind myself that it takes time to build up strenght again and being away from lifting for 4 weeks is gonna mess with my strenght.

Definatly feeling it today though, it's walking funny thursday today
  • KickassAmazon76
    lol Don't worry, I don't intend to get into a continual battle of "who lifted more" scenario. I just wanted to point out how an online conversation made its appearance into my real-life workout, lol.

Besides, my numbers today pale against my numbers from a few years ago. Even though my squat today is heavier than back then, my leg press back then squashes my numbers today. Not sure how, am guessing it was a combination of doing the leg press all...the...time back then, plus I'm fairly certain my depth wasn't as good then as it is now, but I do know (thanks to a manic dedication to logging workouts) that I was doing sets of 20 with 7 plates, sets of 10 with 10 plates, and have a lifetime 3RM of 1,200# (12 plates per side, plus a 2.5# plate in the center to make the math work out).

I wasn't getting into a who lifted more scenario. Though I was proud of crossing 600 for reps.

At no time have I lifted more than you, nor do I expect to ever lift more. I'm not about pissing contests. You've made it pretty clear that you can lift an elephant.
  • nossmf
    Actually, according to my last leg day, I lifted the equivalent of 8 elephants, but who's counting? lol
  • nossmf
    I just need to remind myself that it takes time to build up strenght again and being away from lifting for 4 weeks is gonna mess with my strenght.

Definatly feeling it today though, it's walking funny thursday today

Away for 4 weeks, your strength will return in no time. Shouldn't take more than 3-4 weeks before you're back to what you were before the layoff, assuming the injury is healed. If it's still sore, then take your time ramping up, at least until you are no longer sore.

DOMS is just the body's way of "thanking" you for the time off, lol.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    So I am at the point i do can light upper body again. Did 65lbs on bench for 3 sets of 12... 😂.
  • KickassAmazon76
    psuLemon wrote: »
    So I am at the point i do can light upper body again. Did 65lbs on bench for 3 sets of 12... 😂.

Hey! That's awesome! Way to go!
  • nossmf
    Gotta start somewhere...
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,266 Member

I know it must feel good to be back in there. Congrats.

That is so awesome!
    Proud of you
    edited May 28
    So, they got a mag row handle (if that is the correct name) in my gym now.
    So much better to do lat pulldowns, since the grip is so much better.
    And even better for my normal rows, since i have my hands rotated, and in a more natural position

asm4lo3v5a3t.png
  • kinetixtrainer2
    ss7koruc13n5.gif

• KickassAmazon76
    ss7koruc13n5.gif

Great work!
  • kinetixtrainer2
    ss7koruc13n5.gif

Great work!

Thank you Sandy!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Second week of slo-pitch... We played last night and tonight. I noticed tonight that my knee is swollen, even though its not hurting, nor do I remember hurting it. However, if I go to kneel, it feels like my kneecap is surrounded by fluid.

I'm really hoping it'll be all better by tomorrow because I need to do my week 4 day 1 squats/total body routine.

Pray to the iron gods that this is nothing. I have been seeing such good progress!
    imqizo7zvrr1.gif

I’m 5 weeks into a calorie deficit. Still making strength gains with my program. Im happy with it!

Nice work Chris!
    Second week of slo-pitch... We played last night and tonight. I noticed tonight that my knee is swollen, even though its not hurting, nor do I remember hurting it. However, if I go to kneel, it feels like my kneecap is surrounded by fluid.

I'm really hoping it'll be all better by tomorrow because I need to do my week 4 day 1 squats/total body routine.

Pray to the iron gods that this is nothing. I have been seeing such good progress!

6bhg3jjzu2c7.png
  • kinetixtrainer2
    imqizo7zvrr1.gif

I’m 5 weeks into a calorie deficit. Still making strength gains with my program. Im happy with it!

Nice work Chris!

Thank you Gus. I’ve been doing the squats barefoot for several months now since you guys mentioned it. It’s my preferred method now. Thanks brother.