Options
    6 - AF
    5 - A
    3 - LA
  • NonnieDoiron
    NonnieDoiron Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    chicbuc wrote: »
    We've had an eventful last couple of days. My daughter called Monday night to see if I could stay with my 13 year old granddaughter in the hospital. She's got a 1 and 3 year old along with a 10 year old at home and her husband is traveling working for the union right now. I'm so grateful that I've stopped drinking at home. Less than 2 months ago, I would have had too much to drink to drive to help her and my granddaughter out. I will keep doing this! I never want to have say ,"I can't" when my family needs me.

AF = 6
    A = 8 (went on a 4 day cruise)

@chicbuc I’m so glad you were able to be there! And for this same reason, I wanted to decrease my alcohol. I’ll keep your granddaughter and family in my prayers.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,560 Member
    Options
    xbowhunter wrote: »
    I'll stop in here and read the posts occasionally, but I feel I don't need to keep track anymore. I am at the point now where alcohol is no longer a big deal to me. I can go most days without having a drop and don't even think about it anymore. If I feel like a glass of wine with dinner, then I will have one... lol

I owe it all to the les alcohol threads. It changed my mind set with alcohol for the better. :)

Your words "and don't even think about it anymore".
    This was for me too the moment I had waited so long to feel once I started to seriously drink less. You have crossed that bridge. Embrace it and congrats.
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    chicbuc wrote: »
    We've had an eventful last couple of days. My daughter called Monday night to see if I could stay with my 13 year old granddaughter in the hospital. She's got a 1 and 3 year old along with a 10 year old at home and her husband is traveling working for the union right now. I'm so grateful that I've stopped drinking at home. Less than 2 months ago, I would have had too much to drink to drive to help her and my granddaughter out. I will keep doing this! I never want to have say ,"I can't" when my family needs me.
    I feel the same way - my BIL is going to be moving in with us (he has the beginning of dementia) so I won't be drinking at home like I do now. That's one of the reasons I'm working to cut the alcohol back and eventually cut it out all together.
    I hope your granddaughter has a quick and full recovery. My thoughts are with you and your family.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    7 - AF
    5 - A
    3 - LA
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    6th Week Report -- Alcohol Free Diet

Consecutive Days AF: 42

Starting date & weight: 04/02/2024 & 174.5#
    Today's date & weight: 05/13/2024 & 163.8#

Total Weight Lost: 10.7#
    Weekly Rate of Loss: 1.78#

Goal Weight: 160#
    Estimated Target Date: 06/01/2024

Only changes in diet: No alcohol of any kind & reduced portion sizes.
    Net daily cal intake: ~1500-1600
    Primary form of exercise: Rowing - 10k meters/day; 5 days/wk; 70 mins & 500 cals/day.

Note:

A lot of weight variations -- up & down -- this week, which I believe is a result of my body trying to break thru 165# which was my maintenance weight several years ago, but trend is still down.

That’s amazing! Congratulations! Very inspiring.
  • Womona
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    Well I did it. I ended my job. No regrets.

Cooking more at home, doing my mini gardening projects, taking well deserved naps on a whim and so much happier. I have been going to our local indoor pool to rehabilitate my injured knee. It is coming along and healing great.

Snagged a 6 pack of that grapefruit 2.5% drink I love Schöfferhofer. Wish I could find the watermelon mint again. They are light and refreshing.

YAY!!!!! So happy for you! So glad you’re out of the job that made you unhappy. Enjoy your time NOT working there!
  • Womona
    Options
    Met my goals this week in terms of drinking, but my goal is not zero alcohol, though it probably should be for at least during the week. The good news is that I’ve stayed on top of exercising , upping my protein and logging food. Having the lower alcohol wine is really helping.
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Stuck to my AF goal last night with a Stella NA beer and a new La Croix Mojito lime mocktail. Really tasty sparkling water for those who like La Croix. Trying to shake up my evening routine to avoid the TV, wine and snack monster. I skipped the TV shows and did some research on my laptop in another room and voila!

For the other grammas out there….. I also quit drinking wine whenever we babysat or had the grandkids stay overnight — they are too precious and need our full attention!
  • Womona
    Options
    I had two glasses of wine last night, which brought out the crackers to balance out that 2nd glass. Dang, because I should have stopped at one glass. Way over calories, too. Ah well, today is another day.
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,211 Member
    Options
    Back for May!
    Goals for May
    Mostly Dry (no more than 4 days (ie: 1 day per weekend)
    Exceptions & Stats
    5/5 ~ Cinco De Mayo ~ My husband already has margarita's planned.
    5/26 ~ Birthday party at a baseball game.

Month Stats
    Current Streak - AF = 4
    Longest Streak 2024 - AF = 16

5/10 - AF
    5/11 - 5/17 - A
    A = 9
    AF = 8

And so it started, 5/11 out to dinner. 5/12 - unplanned trip to watch the Brewers play. Then was on a roll which brings me to about 50/50 for the month. It's still less!

I tried this low calorie wine. www.mindandbodywines.com
    It was better than some of the others I've tried.

@Womona ~ so glad your dog is ok. Very scary when they are not well.
    @Nonnieoiron ~ I hope everything is ok.
    @xbowhunter ~ excellent news. Glad you're still dropping in now and then!
    @sgt1373 ~ I hear you loud and clear. I don't think I'll ever give up 100%. I do enjoy wine. A mixed drink here and there is fine, but I can easily skip those. I have significantly reduced from last year, and I am proud of myself. Is there more work to be done? Absolutely. The weight is an issue for sure, and usually, when I do major restriction on alcohol, I do lose. I just don't stick to it for one reason or another. Still a work in progress. Good Luck!
    @chicbuc ~ prayers for your granddaughter. Glad you were able to be there!
    @MissMay ~ Congrats. Does this mean retirement, or is it just done with a non-rewarding position?
  • NonnieDoiron
    NonnieDoiron Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    AF = 11
    A = 5

It sounds silly (and a true TMI), but I drank a bottle of wine last night because I have been constipated for almost a week. The wine I drink always cleans me out when I drink a full bottle. Before you ask, yes, I did take a laxative and it did not help. So, I drank the wine. Goal achieved this morning but nursing a hangover.🥴
  • zensome
    zensome Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Accountability post:

8 AF
    4 LA
    4 A