JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2024

Options

Replies

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Didn't log at all last week or this weekend. The girls were both home, one for the summer the other for a visit and to pick up the puppy. That was all good, but my MIL had some sort of reaction/episode that landed her in the ER unresponsive for a day. She is now in the ICU and recovering, but they aren't sure what happened. They have ruled out stroke, heart attack, pulmonary embolism and other blood clots, but as of yesterday had no answers. I'm waiting to here from Tim if today has brought any more information to the table.

Yesterday I took the girls to my mom's for Mothers Day then to the hospital to see my MIL. It was very emotional. I dropped them at home then went back to the hospital.

When they got home Sierra cleaned the floors and the bathrooms then made dinner and dessert. Spaghetti with homemade sauce and a yummy black berry frozen custard for dessert. Vanessa ran some errands like grocery shopping for Sierra and bought me a new squeegee. It's small, but it's what I needed for the new glass shower doors. V is also making me something, but it won't be done for a while. It's funny how different they are, but they are at least getting along this visit.

Not sure what today holds other than work and visiting the hospital. I guess we'll see...

JFT Monday
    - Shower :smiley:
    - Work
    - Home
    - Hospital
    - Home
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,091 Member
    Options
    Hey all!
    I logged a fair few days last week
    All within calories. I didn't log yesterday though, and I've not logged today.
    I had a big breakfast from a cafe this morning (well half of one with Ash but it was HUGE) And then me and ash went car hunting. I'll be honest it was a complete nightmare. We were walking for ages. Then we got the bus to make it easier but it's still alot of trekking around.

We gave up. Got the bus home and looked online. Came across one online that had great potential for us, was the right engine size, decent milage, perfect price. Bit older than we would have liked but only had one previous owner and also has a full MOT and service history! So we hopped back on the bus to go and check it out. And ended up driving it home!! Had to tax and insure it first though as youre not allowed to drive uninsured in the UK.

But the day got away from us and I'm pretty sure we haven't had lunch 😬

Back to logging tomorrow. Need to remember my "fat shopping day" to keep me determined LOL
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,500 Member
    edited May 13
    Options
    JFT 5/13 M
    1) Make turkey ole for supper / log all food / 64+ oz. water
    2) Walked dog 3.75 mi :sunglasses: happy dog & happy me
    3) Make rhubarb crisp / get ceramic birdbath from shed & set up / scrub heated birdbath / check hummer & oriole feeders, refill as needed / search cupboard for lotions & bag for donation / 7:00 band concert ~ go EARLY, need time for parking/walking & spring Amvets donation / other?

At the end of our visit to my parents' yesterday (Mother's Day U.S.), Dad and I went to his rhubarb patch to pick, and I got quite a lot! Now to make recipes. Here's a photo with my youngest brother and sister, which I insisted on, because who knows how many more of these visits we'll get to have. BIL and SIL also there, but this is the pic I really wanted. Two nieces surprised us by visiting also. Middle and eldest brothers couldn't be there; one visited day before because he went with wife to visit her parents in another town, and one was in another state for work. <3 (Ignore the scraped paint on house, just pressure-washed in preparation for house painters.)
    yhwlhpjxjdlx.jpg

5# Challenge (May):
    SW 184.5
    5.4.25: 186
    5.11.25: 184.5
    Challenge Goal 179.5

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2024 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be thrilled if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes... wall oven installed 2/26 but no new recipes yet.
      * lentil rice sausage tortellini soup ~ very good, recipe is keeper
      * glazed lemon cookies ~ everyone loved them at Easter dinner
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x):
    January: 5 days x2wks, 4x1, 3x1, 1x1 [1 wk lots of snow & 1 wk bitter cold so shoveling, treadmill & PT, 1 wk 4 day trips out of town]
    February: 6 days x1wk, 5x1, 4x1, 2x1 [2 wks overnight trips to visit parents]
    March: 5 days x1wk, 4x1, 3x1, 0x1 [ack... prep house & food for Easter dinner; 1 wk overnight trip to visit parents]
    April: 4 days x2wks, 3x1, 2xa [lots of lousy weather, plus 1 wk overnight trip]
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,024km challenge started on Jan. 1
    • In 2023 I logged 726.88 miles, or 1,169.8 km & completed yearly challenge 11.14.23 :star:
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km (knee issues).
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps:
      Jan / Feb / Mar / Apr
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • Registered early on 12.29.23 for Bellin 10K race on 6.8.24 ~ rats, no waiver of fee
    • Register for my other usual events, and add other possible events
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Always a good idea
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in their late 80s and live 85 miles away
      canceled visit 1.12-1.13 due to blizzard
      canceled visit 1.21-1.22 due Mom's bad cold
      Mom's bday visit 1.31 with all siblings, in-laws & aunt
      overnight visit 2.12-2.13 / breakfast out with Mom/ladies & aunt, youngest brother stopped over
      overnight visit 2.27-2.28 & eldest brother stopped over
      overnight visit 3.14-3.15 & eldest brother visited
      overnight visit 4.18-4.19 & took Mom to eye appt. in Beaver Dam
      overnight visit 5.2-5.3 & aunt/uncle stopped over for visit so that was fun
      Mother's Day visit 5.12.24 & sister/BIL, youngest brother/SIL & 2 nieces there too <3 (middle brother/SIL visited day before bc they went to her parents Sun., eldest brother in PA for work)
      overnight visit 5.17-5.18 & drive Mom to Bunny's funeral/luncheon in Brown Deer 5.18
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others, now that I'm retired
      1.7.24 HH came over & visited at my invitation
      1.28.24 great-nephew's baptism affirmation in Oakfield, followed by luncheon
      1.29.24 Greenville: BIL's 2nd cataract surgery (hubby was his driver) / lunch at IHOP
      2.2.24 cousin's funeral & saw parents, 2 brothers, most aunts/uncles, few cousins
      2.16.24 pub food from McGeorge's & wine at La Vie with P&B / The Dirty Martinis played
      2.18.24 Greenville: visit w/ hubby's brother, SIL & niece / lunch at Olive Garden
      3.8.24 Darboy: tax docs & long visit with MJSW
      3.19.24 messaged H (his job recently downsized)
      3.25.24 Darboy: tax returns with hubby & MJSW, shorter visit this time
      plans 4.6.24 with PZ canceled b/c she forgot they're going to OH to watch total solar eclipse
      4.15.24 unexpectedly sat & visited w/ C at AVB concert
      5.6.24 lunch with C
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Not as much progress as I hoped last year, but not worse.

Keeping my Word for the Year: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,692 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Hey all!
    I logged a fair few days last week
    All within calories. I didn't log yesterday though, and I've not logged today.
    I had a big breakfast from a cafe this morning (well half of one with Ash but it was HUGE) And then me and ash went car hunting. I'll be honest it was a complete nightmare. We were walking for ages. Then we got the bus to make it easier but it's still alot of trekking around.

We gave up. Got the bus home and looked online. Came across one online that had great potential for us, was the right engine size, decent milage, perfect price. Bit older than we would have liked but only had one previous owner and also has a full MOT and service history! So we hopped back on the bus to go and check it out. And ended up driving it home!! Had to tax and insure it first though as youre not allowed to drive uninsured in the UK.

But the day got away from us and I'm pretty sure we haven't had lunch 😬

Back to logging tomorrow. Need to remember my "fat shopping day" to keep me determined LOL

Congrats on the new car! I dread going car shopping, it takes so long and it's sooo expensive. Eventually we'll need to replace Tim's car that he totaled 2 month ago, but we are waiting until his arm heals. No point in making payments on a car he isn't allowed to drive.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 5/13/24 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 5/6), unless I want sugarfree or no-sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, Valentine candies).✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/12)✔️
    4) Won't weigh again until 5/13✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/11). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️Didn't eat today.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No peanuts today.✔️
    8) No chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 4/29)
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 5/1)✔️Didn't eat today.
    10) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today.(last 5/11)✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 5/11)✔️
    14) No more than 600 calories for lunch.✔️
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.✔️
    JFT for 5/14/24 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 5/6), unless I want sugarfree or no-sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, Valentine candies).
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/12)
    4) Won't weigh again until 5/15
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/11). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No peanuts today.
    8) No chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 4/29)
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 5/1)
    10) Only 1 ice drink today.
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today.(last 5/13)
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 5/13)
    14) No more than 600 calories for lunch.
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,785 Member
    Options
    @littleblackskirt - I didn’t have company and was still too tired to log.

I am still being mindful though and my weight is fluctuating between 194-196, after this long weekend I start working with grade 5’s at a school within walking distance. I’m hoping I’ll be able to with my feet. It should get me close to 5K a day with the walking to and from and the steps at school.

Then maybe I can keep it up for the summer. I need to buy new runners to take that up though. My good New Balance ones are really messing with my feet.

@pridesabtch - you’ve had so much going on, hope your family all heals fast.

@Bex953172 - congratulations on the car, that should make life easier.

@cschmitz110515 - what a lovely family photo.

I am fighting a cold and still have two days before my 1st practicum ends. I will have no other opportunity to make the hours up until September so have to get through it.

I’m not logging today either. I’ll try for tomorrow.
    JFT - Tues May 14
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    Move 20 minutes
    Weight for 5# challenge
    May 1 - 195.6
    May 14 - 196.6
    🥴 wrong direction
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 I'm not surprised you're tired, with your new job.

@pridesabtch Hope all the poorlies recover soon. Scary time with your MIL.

@cschmitz110515 That's a great photo!

@Bex953172 Well done finding a car. I absolutely hate car shopping, sooo time consuming.

I'm so sick of my clothes being tight, so
    JFT Monday 13th

THINK before I eat ✅
    Log everything ✅
    Stay in the green ❌
    No snacks, especially in the evening ❌
    PF exercises ✅
    Back exercises ✅ yay, at last!

Failed miserably with the snacking. My meals were good, but I added too many calories with snacks.

JFT Tuesday 14th

THINK before I eat
    Log everything
    Stay in the green
    No snacks, especially in the evening
    PF exercises
    Back exercises

• pridesabtch
    Options
    JFT Monday
    - Shower :smiley:
    - Work :smiley:
    - Home :smiley:
    - Hospital :smiley:
    - Home :smiley:

My MIL is doing much better. Assuming she can walk and go to the bathroom, she should be discharged today or tomorrow. It looks like the episode was triggered by a drug interaction. She knew not to take the 2 together, but no one thought about how long the one would stay in her system. Hopefully that was all it was, because that is easy to avoid in the future.

Sierra & Gia left for Pittsburgh this morning. It was good to have her home for a few days and have family dinners like we used to. Last night she and Tim made dinner together. He taught her how to make meatloaf and mashed potatoes which are comfort foods for her. It was nice hearing them chatter and laugh as they cooked.

V is job hunting, and lazing about the house with the dog. We will start cleaning her room this weekend... It is a task and a half!

JFT Tuesday
    - Work by 7:30 :(
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Home by 4:00
    - Hospital or In-laws house depending on where MIL is
    - Dinner
    - Hockey
    - Shower
    - Bed

• more_freggies76
    edited May 14
    Options
    JFT for 5/14/24 (today)✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, Valentine candies).
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/11). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No peanuts today.
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today.(last 5/13)
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 5/13)
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options
    Our house guest is gone... my weight stayed the same. No loss, no gain, so I guess thats good.
    But I've not done so well on the May Challenge.. so back to logging my food.
    JFT, TUes, 5/14
    1. log all food. Keep within 1400-1600 cal
    2. concentrate on water
    3. rainy day, so skipped walking or the gym. Getting haircut today, but maybe a walk tonite
    4. work on quilt
    5. get back on here everyday.. back to posting and logging to stay accountable
  • more_freggies76
    edited May 14
    Options
    Going to eat lunch at 11:35 instead because of timing today! Can’t eat at home and have class online at 1pm.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour Commitment - After I finish my pineapple, I won’t eat again until after 5 pm. Can still have my dose of letamusal
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,238 Member
    Options
    Renewing my efforts to get back to the middle of my weight range. (130 < x < 140).

May 3 lbs challenge: (weigh less on 31 May than I do today)
    3/5: 137.4
    6/5: 137.5 (Visited elder daughter yesterday)
    10/5: 137.4
    17/5:
    24/5:
    31/5:

💡Being more mindful on snacks, Eating just a small portion of my exercise calories.
    💡Sticking to my Solid Habits, and being mindful of over snacking. 👌 or 😔
    May 3 - 9: 👌👌😔👌👌👌👌
    May 10 - 16 👌👌👌👌👌

💗 Terri 💗

• more_freggies76
    edited May 15
    Options
    JFT for 5/14/24 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 5/6), unless I want sugarfree or no-sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, Valentine candies).✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/12)✔️
    4) Won't weigh again until 5/15✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/11). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No peanuts today.✔️
    8) No chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 4/29)✔️
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 5/1)✔️Didn't eat today.
    10) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today.(last 5/13)✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 5/13)✔️
    14) No more than 600 calories for lunch. Went a little over today at Chinese buffet - but it's always a guess -, but did really well in my choices.
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.✔️
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

JFT for 5/15/24 (tomorrow)✔️
    5) No hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/14). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today.(last 5/13)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 5/13)

Sample

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Our house guest is gone... my weight stayed the same. No loss, no gain, so I guess thats good.
    But I've not done so well on the May Challenge.. so back to logging my food.
    JFT, TUes, 5/14
    1. log all food. Keep within 1400-1600 :) cal Calories little high at 1631
    2. concentrate on water >:)
    3. rainy day, so skipped walking or the gym. Getting haircut today, but maybe a walk tonite >:) Pouring down rain when I got back from the hair dresser
    4. work on quilt :)
    5. get back on here everyday.. back to posting and logging to stay accountable

I was planning on making a big salad with the leftover bbq chicken.. but I didn't get back from hair dresser until 6, and was so hungry. So just made a chic sandwich with coleslaw, but then also had a bagel. There was 280 calories I didnt need.Should have just drank more water!

JFT, Wed 5/15
    1. log all food. eat lightly during the day; out to dinner at friends at nite
    2. concentrate on water
    3. get fabric for quilt
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,785 Member
    Options
    JFT - Tues May 14
    1.5L of water - 😕 .5L
    Log all food - 🙂
    Move 20 minutes - 🙂
    Weight for 5# challenge - 😳 forgot to weigh this morning that never happens
    May 1 - 195.6
    May 13 - 196.6
    🥴 wrong direction

JFT - Wed May 15
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    Move 20 minutes
    Weight for 5# challenge
    May 1 - 195.6
    May 13 - 196.6
    🥴 wrong direction

@littleblackskirt - starting next week I’m in with grade 5’s! I hope I’m not as tired with them.

@pridesabtch - good news regarding your MIL, scary for all involved.

@mytime6630 - maintaining is good too!
  • more_freggies76
    edited May 15
    Options
    JFT for 5/15/24 (today)✔️
    5) No hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/14). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today.(last 5/13)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 5/13)

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.

Sample

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,091 Member
    Options
    Had another eventful day.
    I bought... ANOTHER car today.

The first one (which we got 2 days ago) literally started falling apart. The clutch went, the exhaust went, god knows what was gonna happen next.

Non of these showed up on the test drive but we noticed that once the clutch warmed up, that's when the problems started. And because the clutch went stupid so did the exhaust.

So we took it back and got our money back. And bought another! And a much much better one as well!
    It's 4 years younger than the first one and this one DOES drive like a dream.

So car mayhem over, we're all happy over here now lol!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,500 Member
    Options
    JFT 5/15 W
    1) Fresh asparagus from J&K plus leftovers for supper / log all food / 64+ oz. water
    2) Walked dog 3.8 mi :sunglasses: visited with Bogey's mom, saw garbage truck driver with treats, & met workman who thought it was great my dog was taking me out for a walk LOL. Happy dog & happy me
    3) Dentist 2:00 / DNR office to get state park sticker (if they have them) / gas in SUV / some chores? / call Mom / Jeopardy Masters 7:00 / Amazing Race finals 8:30 / other?

Yesterday I had absolutely no time to log or post. Walked dog 4 miles and had Women in Missions meeting go 2 hours, where I shared my large pan of rhubarb crisp to excellent reviews. I'm happy to share, no longer have a job where I know my food would be eaten, and I'm glad the pan is nearly empty (less for me to eat). Then I gave K ride home on opposite side of town. Had about 30-40 minutes at home & finished day by going to another Mexican restaurant for end-of-season social with choir & bells. It was a very good time. Had one large adult beverage, which really hit me, and an enchilada plate, which thankfully I did not wipe clean. I also drank water. Arrived home & crashed hahaha.

5# Challenge (May):
    SW 184.5
    5.4.25: 186
    5.11.25: 184.5
    Challenge Goal 179.5

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2024 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be thrilled if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes... wall oven installed 2/26 but no new recipes yet.
      * lentil rice sausage tortellini soup ~ very good, recipe is keeper
      * glazed lemon cookies ~ everyone loved them at Easter dinner
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x):
    January: 5 days x2wks, 4x1, 3x1, 1x1 [1 wk lots of snow & 1 wk bitter cold so shoveling, treadmill & PT, 1 wk 4 day trips out of town]
    February: 6 days x1wk, 5x1, 4x1, 2x1 [2 wks overnight trips to visit parents]
    March: 5 days x1wk, 4x1, 3x1, 0x1 [ack... prep house & food for Easter dinner; 1 wk overnight trip to visit parents]
    April: 4 days x2wks, 3x1, 2xa [lots of lousy weather, plus 1 wk overnight trip]
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,024km challenge started on Jan. 1
    • In 2023 I logged 726.88 miles, or 1,169.8 km & completed yearly challenge 11.14.23 :star:
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km (knee issues).
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps:
      Jan / Feb / Mar / Apr
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • Registered early on 12.29.23 for Bellin 10K race on 6.8.24 ~ rats, no waiver of fee
    • Register for my other usual events, and add other possible events
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Always a good idea
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in their late 80s and live 85 miles away
      canceled visit 1.12-1.13 due to blizzard
      canceled visit 1.21-1.22 due Mom's bad cold
      Mom's bday visit 1.31 with all siblings, in-laws & aunt
      overnight visit 2.12-2.13 / breakfast out with Mom/ladies & aunt, youngest brother stopped over
      overnight visit 2.27-2.28 & eldest brother stopped over
      overnight visit 3.14-3.15 & eldest brother visited
      overnight visit 4.18-4.19 & took Mom to eye appt. in Beaver Dam
      overnight visit 5.2-5.3 & aunt/uncle stopped over for visit so that was fun
      Mother's Day visit 5.12.24 & sister/BIL, youngest brother/SIL & 2 nieces there too <3 (middle brother/SIL visited day before bc they went to her parents Sun., eldest brother in PA for work)
      overnight visit 5.17-5.18 & drive Mom to Bunny's funeral/luncheon in Brown Deer 5.18
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others, now that I'm retired
      1.7.24 HH came over & visited at my invitation
      1.28.24 great-nephew's baptism affirmation in Oakfield, followed by luncheon
      1.29.24 Greenville: BIL's 2nd cataract surgery (hubby was his driver) / lunch at IHOP
      2.2.24 cousin's funeral & saw parents, 2 brothers, most aunts/uncles, few cousins
      2.16.24 pub food from McGeorge's & wine at La Vie with P&B / The Dirty Martinis played
      2.18.24 Greenville: visit w/ hubby's brother, SIL & niece / lunch at Olive Garden
      3.8.24 Darboy: tax docs & long visit with MJSW
      3.19.24 messaged H (his job recently downsized)
      3.25.24 Darboy: tax returns with hubby & MJSW, shorter visit this time
      plans 4.6.24 with PZ canceled b/c she forgot they're going to OH to watch total solar eclipse
      4.15.24 unexpectedly sat & visited w/ C at AVB concert
      5.6.24 lunch with C
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Not as much progress as I hoped last year, but not worse.

Keeping my Word for the Year: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship