Running Shoes

Options
Hi All-

I am running a 5K in early November and I have a few questions about shoes. Currently while running I wear Saucony classic running shoes. They do the job and I love them, but I was curious if I should invest in a pair that might be better suited for my race. Any thoughts? Suggestions? Thank you!

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    race with what you are comfortable with!! cross trainers are excellent for your first race. and don't wear anything new on race day. give yourself at least a week to break them in and get comfortable with them.
  • mamato2babes
    Options
    At this point, I would just stick with them. You don't want to have to break in a new pair before a race. However, afterward, reward yourself by visiting a running store (like Fleet Feet) and let them tell you what shoe will work best for how you walk/run.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I say if you are comfortable in the ones you have maybe just buy a new pair and wear them for about a week before the race. It was my experience that after I found another pair of running shoes I didn't do as well. I say stick to what you have and know for your 5K.
  • Sooznine
    Sooznine Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I would go to a running shoe store and get professionally fitted. It really made a difference for me. What *i* thought were good shoes, really weren't! But do it soon so you have a chance to get used to them before the race. And good luck!
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I love my Sauconys!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I agree w/all these guys -- I've worn Suacony before and they were fantastic for support. If you love 'em, keep 'em. Lots of runners I know wear them.
  • Jesse13
    Options
    Well....I bought 2 sneakers recently to see which ones I felt the best with. And the results were: I bought the New Balance 890's ($100) didn't like it, not enough support in the soles for me.

Then, I purchased the Reebok's Zig Zag ($100) , and I must say, WOW. I could run for hours and I don't even feel it. It gave me support and an extra bounce. This is just my results..Good luck!
  • pricetm83
    Options
    Thank you all for your suggestions. This is a really big help to me :)