Chip Substitute

Options
2»

Answers

• dacspace
    dacspace Posts: 109 Member
    edited May 16
    Options
    Lately, I've been having fresh carrot chips, mini cucumber slices, bell pepper slices, and/or celery with any sandwiches or other items that tend to go with regular potato chips. I recently learned of making a dip with greek yogurt. Most of the time I have a side of LF cottage cheese (seasoned with pepper, garlic, etc.) and dip the veggies in that. If I want really just want chips, I weigh out a serving and put the bag away (or I'll go crazy and eat my weight in chips lol).
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,827 Member
    edited May 16
    Options
    Oh the fun to be had...

--still take my scale with me the way less often than before times I go for AYCE fish and chips... no reason not to log because I'm overdoing it--to the contrary.

Are we talking potato chips (crisps) NEXT to the sandwich (you could use pickled vegetables)... or what you poor misguided souls didn't even bring up yet:

Potato chips IN THE SANDWICH, as your main filling: as in a "potato chip sandwich". Doesn't even NEED butter or mayo or anything... just wrap the contents in bread and munch away!

I will let you figure out on your own the carb/fat loading/insane calories for fleeting satisfaction and marginal quality of nutrition involved! :lol:

But hey: i felt like it... and I personally blame THIS thread for making me do it!

From today's log :wink:
    e8blnzx4pud2.png
    I did have some (extra sweet/extra baby) carrots with my potato chips sandwich too--plain, as is, out of the fridge! :innocent:
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,730 Member
    Options
    @PAV8888 my dad liked potato chips on his sandwiches. Or fries. He wasn’t choosy.

Had forgotten all about that.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I almost never ate potato chips/crisps even when I was overweight, but when it comes to crispy salty snacks, I recently discovered these and am very very fond of them. I get them at Costco, but I've also seen smaller bags at Safeway.

wfq9wtsbre6t.jpeg
    b60ds4cts0hv.jpeg
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,740 Member
    Options
    I almost never ate potato chips/crisps even when I was overweight, but when it comes to crispy salty snacks, I recently discovered these and am very very fond of them. I get them at Costco, but I've also seen smaller bags at Safeway.

wfq9wtsbre6t.jpeg
    b60ds4cts0hv.jpeg

I adore the wasabi flavor!
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I adore the wasabi flavor!

I haven't tried those, but I've also had the tomato basil flavored red lentil ones and really liked those too.
  • springlering62
    edited May 17
    Options
    Have you ever eaten raw green beans? Especially fresh from the garden? Now that’s a crunchy treat.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,740 Member
    Options
    Have you ever eaten raw green beans? Especially fresh from the garden? Now that’s a crunchy treat.
    I like sugar snap peas.
    And if one of my gardening friends has a surplus of string beans I am happy to trade them for one of my crafts.

• ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 371 Member
    edited May 17
    Options
    I don't typically eat potato chips/crisps anymore, but when I do I enjoy Donkey Chips (unsalted).

An alternative I enjoy are Cheez-Its, which may or may not be any better...I haven't bothered to compare nutritional info.

I think the self-discipline to stop eating them is key.
  • ehju0901
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I figured OP was using the "chips" term in its US meaning, since the post mentioned things like Quest chips. I don't think Quests makes US "french fries" or UK "chips".

It's dead common here for restaurants to serve potato chips alongside sandwiches as a default. Is that not true elsewhere in the US? (I understand that it wouldn't necessarily be true internationally.)

While I understood OP's question the way I did because of that, I don't generally eat sandwiches with chips myself.

Good point, I forget about this often.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Boulder Canyon avocado oil kettle style potato chips with sea salt are amazing! I love them and they’re so healthy and “Bobby Approved” check out his app. I get these from Costco. Also the sweet potato chips with sea salt and avocado oil “Jackson’s” are delicious and don’t have all the inflammatory ingredients that regular chips have. These are filling too. Just measure them out and don’t deprive yourself.
  • springlering62
    Options
    ehju0901 wrote: »
    I don't typically eat potato chips/crisps anymore, but when I do I enjoy Donkey Chips (unsalted).

An alternative I enjoy are Cheez-Its, which may or may not be any better...I haven't bothered to compare nutritional info.

I’m sorry. I busted out in a rude giggle at the thought of “donkey chips”. Brain immediately went to “yeah, and cow patties, too”!
  • ehju0901
    Options
    ehju0901 wrote: »

I’m sorry. I busted out in a rude giggle at the thought of “donkey chips”. Brain immediately went to “yeah, and cow patties, too”!

It is a funny brand name. Probably part of their marketing strategy lol.