JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2024

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,414 Member
    Helly my JFT friends!
    Oh my! 138 posts behind again! I will try to read a few pages at a time to catch up, but I need to just post my goals in the meantime or I'll never do it!

I've been slowly regaining my strength after chemo. It really kicked my *kitten* this time. I spent so much time lying down, sick, that my muscles have actually weakened a lot. It's hard for me to even walk up our basement stairs! That's just ridiculous! I've started physical therapy to strengthen my muscles and to work through some SI joint pain so I can start a walking program. I go next Wednesday for my first therapy session with PT. I had a consultation with them last week but they weren't sure how aggressive they could be since MRI showed a fracture in my L4 disk (the one that had cancer in the bone) last October. They don't want to do anything that could hurt me more. BUT, GREAT NEWS, they did an xray yesterday to assess my spine health and results show I don't have an acute fracture anymore and there is no sign of cancer in the bones now either! YAY!! The other thing that happened in the past couple weeks is that I've started getting random ocular migraines, so they did an MRI of my head to make sure the cancer hasn't spread to my brain, and those results were clear also. So YAY!!! On Tuesday, I had my maintenance treatment, and the oncologist told me that my cancer is under very good control and I'm really doing great, so I'm very happy about that. Next CT scans will be in June.

Enough about cancer,.. I'm sorry...I don't want to be someone who comes on here and just complains about my aches and pains. It's just such a big part of my life right now and over the past 6 months it's almost all-consuming. I really want to find a way to move past it being the center of my life! So depressing!

So, my goal now is to adapt to a healthier lifestyle....moving more, building up my strength, cleaning up my eating (more whole foods vs the yummy processed stuff that I love so much), more water, better rest, less anxiety, more peace. I want to get back to a normal routine life, and this thread is such a big part of that to me and has been for many years! I think maybe 2015 or 2016 Joan first started this thread?

I hope everyone is doing well! I can't wait to read and catch up! Our yard is nice and green now, lilacs are blooming, as well as the Lily of the Valleys! I love those... Hopefully we can plant some tomatoes and other veggies soon. It's raining buckets right now, but it's supposed to be near 80 all weekend. :)

Just for Today, 5/16:
    1. 24H food plan:
    * L- avocado/tomato toast, pear.
    * D - taco salad or bean burrito. chips & salsa. fruit.
    * Sn - Vegs & dip. Fruit. Nuts. Toast. Something sweet for Dessert.
    2. Assess yesterday's 24H food plan
    3. 64 oz water before 6:00 pm
    4. Journal
    5. Close 2 activity rings on Apple watch
    6. PT exercises
    7. Love on my home & family: Laundry, floors, dust.
    8. Start sewing B's quilted pillow covers. Listen to audible book? Podcast?
    9. Evening Routine: Brush, floss. Face cleanse. Lotion. Devotionals. Gratitude Journal. Prayer Journal.

2024: Healthy, Happy & Grateful. Today, I choose peace over worry.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,445 Member
    @PackerFanInGB so glad you are feeling better and that the scans show no cancer in your bones or brain.
    That is amazingly good news.

Your yard sounds lovely. Good luck getting some veggies planted.
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 3,036 Member
    JFT for 5/16/24 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 5/6), unless I want sugarfree or no-sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, Valentine candies).✔️
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/12)Went over on this.
    4) Won't weigh again until 5/16✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/14). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No peanuts today.✔️
    8) No chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 4/29)✔️
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 5/1)✔️Didn't eat today.
    10) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today.(last 5/15)✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 5/15)✔️
    14) No more than 600 calories for lunch.✔️
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.✔️
    16) Can drink coffee early due to doctor appt & eat lunch early due to lunch meeting.✔️
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

JFT for 5/17/24 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 5/6), unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, Valentine candies).
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/16)
    4) Won't weigh again until 5/16
    5) No hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/14). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No peanuts today.
    8) No chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 4/29)
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 5/1)
    10) Only 1 ice drink today.
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today.(last 5/15)
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 5/15)
    14) No more than 600 calories for lunch.
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.
    16) Can drink coffee early due to doctor appt for DH today.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 1,043 Member
    @PackerFanInGB So happy to read your good news :)
    JFT Thursday 16th

THINK before I eat ✅
    Log everything ✅
    Stay in the green ✅
    PF exercises ✅
    Back exercises ❌

Pleased with how it went yesterday. There were several times when I might have eaten something unnecessary, but I thought about it and stopped myself. I also shopped and bought a few things for evening meals, which is where I usually fall down. I need to remind myself every day of all the health reasons I'm doing this!

JFT Friday 17th

THINK before I eat
    Log everything
    Stay in the green
    PF exercises
    Back exercises

I weighed this morning. Seems I've put back on 2 of the 3 pounds I lost in April. Frustrating.

• more_freggies76
    JFT for 5/17/24 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 5/6), unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, Valentine candies).
    4) Won't weigh again until 5/20
    5) No hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/14). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No peanuts today.
    8) No chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 4/29)
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today.(last 5/15)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 5/15)
    14) No more than 600 calories for lunch.
    16) Can drink coffee early due to doctor appt for DH today.

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,445 Member

JFT Thursday
    - work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Meetings 8-10, 11-12, 1-2, 5-6 & 6-7 :smiley:
    - Pick up Tim and visit for a few. :smiley:
    - Grocery :smiley:
    - Dinner :smiley:
    - Home :smiley:
    - Sleep :smiley:

Yesterday was long, but okay. Did finally go to the grocery store. I think we bought more alcohol than food, but we did get the staples.

Another late night at work, that I am not looking forward to. I came in an hour late, so that the 4 extra hours at the end won't seem as bad. It says something about my habits when the attendant at the gas station knows my schedule well enough to comment about me being late for work.

Tim is getting really tired of not being able to drive. He said he might buy a car today. I reminded him that he wasn't supposed to drive, but I don't think he cares. He can drive left handed, which is fine as long as there are no incidents where he needs to swerve to avoid something.

JFT Friday
    - Work by 9:00 :smiley:
    - Catch up with MFP & FB :smiley:
    - Maybe go out for lunch
    - Mom's this afternoon to sort bills
    - In-laws after work
    - Dinner
    - Home
    - Bed
  • PackerFanInGB

Just for Today, 5/16:
    1. 24H food plan: 😊
    * L- avocado/tomato toast, pear. 😊
    * D - taco salad or bean burrito. chips & salsa. fruit. 😊
    * Sn - Vegs & dip. Fruit. Nuts. Toast. Something sweet for Dessert. 😊 Strawberries. Strawberry ice cream.
    2. Assess yesterday's 24H food plan 😊
    3. 64 oz water before 6:00 pm 😊
    4. Journal 😊
    5. Close 2 activity rings on Apple Watch 😊 Closed all 3 rings
    6. PT exercises. ❌
    7. Love on my home & family: Laundry, floors, dust. 😊 grocery shopping, clean fridge, laundry, floors.
    8. Start sewing B's quilted pillow covers. Listen to audible book? Podcast? ❌ too tired and sore
    9. Evening Routine: Brush, floss. Face. Lotion. Devotionals. Gratitude Journal. Prayer Journal. 😊

Happy Friday! It’s going to be a beautiful day here. My husband and son will be going to clear trees for a driveway on our lot up north. I decided not to go with them because I’d just be in the way and I don’t want to sit in the car for hours…so I’ve got my list of things to do here instead. But I’ve already got FOMO about not going with them…I don’t much like being left out of day trips. 😂

Yesterday I went grocery shopping with Tim for the first time since last October! I was happy to feel strong enough to go with him, but I remembered quickly that I hate grocery shopping! There’s that FOMO again…. 😉

Have a great day everyone!

Just for Today, 5/17/24, Friday:
    1. 24H food plan.
    2. Log food and close diary at end of day.
    3. Assess yesterday's 24H food plan
    4. 64 oz water before 6:00 pm
    5. Journal
    6. Close 2 activity rings on Apple watch
    7. PT exercises
    8. Love on my home & family: Laundry, dust.
    9. No BS Virtual Camp Weekend @ 12-noon - Day 1: Body Image
    10. Evening Routine: Brush, floss. Face. Lotion. Devotionals. Gratitude Journal. Prayer Journal.

• more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - After my yogurt, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 1,043 Member

JFT Friday 17th

THINK before I eat ✅
    Log everything ✅
    Stay in the green ❌
    PF exercises ✅
    Back exercises ❌

Not going to log today as eating with family tonight. I will be sensible though.
  • more_freggies76
    edited May 18
    JFT for 5/17/24 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 5/6), unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, Valentine candies).✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/16)✔️
    4) Won't weigh again until 5/20✔️
    5) No hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/14). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No peanuts today.✔️
    8) No chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 4/29)✔️
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 5/1)✔️Didn't eat today
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today.(last 5/15)✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 5/15)✔️
    14) No more than 600 calories for lunch.✔️
    16) Can drink coffee early due to doctor appt for DH today.✔️
    JFT for 5/18/24 (today)✔️
    **Want to be flexible Saturday and Sunday
    1) **Flexible on desserts today
    4) Won't weigh again until 5/20
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/14). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today.(last 5/17)
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 5/17)
    14) **Flexible on calories today No more than 600 calories for lunch.

Sample

• PackerFanInGB
    Just for Today, 5/17/24, Friday:
    1. 24H food plan. :)
    2. Log food and close diary at end of day. :#Started to but didn't log dinner. I'll do it now!
    3. Assess yesterday's 24H food plan :)
    4. 64 oz water before 6:00 pm :)
    5. Journal :)
    6. Close 2 activity rings on Apple watch :)Closed all 3! Yay!
    7. PT exercises >:)Nope. But I did get some movement in so that is better than nothing?
    8. Love on my home & family: Laundry, dust. :)Cleaned fridge, cleaned and prepped veggies and fruits for easy home salad bar grabs.
    9. No BS Virtual Camp Weekend @ 12-noon - Day 1: Body Image :)Yes! So good!
    10. Evening Routine: Brush, floss. Face. Lotion. Devotionals. Gratitude Journal. Prayer Journal. :)<3

Happy Saturday! I hope everyone is having a great weekend! It's absolutely gorgeous here in Green Bay today. 81 degrees right now.

I'm attending Day 2 of the Body Image No BS virtual camp today, but I'm multi-tasking. I have the audio playing through a speaker so I can do other stuff while I listen vs sitting and watching all the videos and coaching sessions. It's been pretty interesting.

This weekend is our neighborhood rummage sale and I'm really fighting the urge to go wander and look. But my husband said "Honey, their tables are full of *kitten* we already have in our house. We could put a table of the same kind of crap out in the driveway...we don't need it." So there's that... ;)

Have a good one!

Just for Today, 5/18/24, Saturday:
    1. 24H food plan.
    2. Log food and close diary at end of day.
    3. Assess yesterday's 24H food plan
    4. 64 oz water before 6:00 pm
    5. Journal
    6. Close 2 activity rings on Apple watch
    7. PT exercises
    8. Love on my home & family
    9. No BS Virtual Camp Weekend 9:00-5:00 - Day 2: Body Image
    10. Evening Routine

2024: Healthy, Happy & Grateful. Today, I am releasing the goal number on the scale and striving for the goal LIFE I want to live...I choose peace over worry and joy over anxiety. My goal now is to be healthy--not a specific 'size'.

• more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - Done with early dinner with FIL. Won’t eat again unless we want dessert later. Might go to movie.
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Hey all, not been posting much, been super busy!

The weather's nice here, we let the kids have a day off school on Friday so we could go stay at ash's parents for night.

Sask was having trouble at school with a bit of bullying and I just thought we could all do with the break! I rang the school and said we were all poorly from a dodgy takeaway 😂😂

Marley has her ADHD assessment tomorrow and I'm bricking it. I don't feel very prepared but it's hard to prepare for the unknown. But I know my daughter well enough and I might just jot down some notes to help me out during the assessment.

@PackerFanInGB So sorry I haven't replied to your message yet but I will do asap! Not had two minutes to myself. Twice I've been mid-reply and had to stop 😂😂
  • more_freggies76
    edited May 19
    JFT for 5/18/24 (yesterday)✔️
    1) **Flexible on desserts today✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/16)✔️
    4) Won't weigh again until 5/20✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/14). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 5/1)✔️Didn't have today.
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today.(last 5/17)✔️
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 5/17)✔️
    14) **Flexible on calories today No more than 600 calories for lunch.✔️
    JFT for 5/19/24 (today)✔️
    1) **Flexible on desserts today
    4) Won't weigh again until 5/23
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today.(last 5/17)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 5/17)
    14) **Flexible on calories today No more than 600 calories for lunch.

Sample

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,250 Member
    edited May 19
    Goals for today, sunday, 5/19
    1. log all food
    2. record weight.
    3. stop mindless eating... distract myself.
    4. concentrate on drinking MORE WATER!!! This is a habit I have such a hard time doing.
    Name is Joan. Age 73; 5'11". Been married 47+ years, 2 children, 2 grandkids ( + 3 step grandkids)
    Lives in Missouri. I love to garden, go for long walks, quilt, sew charity stuff. My goal is to stay as "young" as I possibly can... to not only look good, but to feel good, have energy, be able to continue to get up and down gardening, biking, and walking.

Goals for 2024:

Staring weight: Jan 7, 2024: 209.0
    Goal weight at the end of 2024: 175-180, and learn to maintain
    Goal to lose 25-30 lbs this year to be in healthy range
    Weight Goals:
    1st goal weight: 199 - reach this by March
    2nd goal weight: 185 - reach this by July
    Ultimate goal weight: 175- reach this by September
    Weekly Weigh-ins
    Jan 7: 209.0
    Feb 1: 206.2 (goal was 205)
    March 3: 206.2 (Goal was 199)
    March 10: Did not weigh in
    March 17: 207.2 -- not going anywhere!! Starting the 5 pound challenge
    March 24: 205.8 -- did pretty good all week until yesterday. Hoping to get back on track today!!
    March 31: Did not weigh ... Easter sunday, and we were out of town.
    April 7:
    205. 1. Down 2 pounds in 2 weeks... but not feeling well, and not eating nearly as much, but also not exercising.
    April 14: 206.8 -- no exercising at all, spending most of my days just sitting around. Hoping soon to feel better.
    April 21: Did not weigh .. still was feeling sick.
    April 28: 206. 7. Week 1 of "reporting" my food to my neighbor. Calories all week have been around 1500. Challenge will end on Tuesday, so I will record that weight before starting the next 5# challenge on May 1st.

Lost my other posts, so starting again with weighing

May 19: 204.0- I believe when I started the challenge May 1st my weight was also 204.. so not doing so good this month!
    5 pound challenge
    5 pound challenge
    SW 3/17/24: 207
    GW for May 1st end of challenge: 202

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,250 Member
    @PackerFanInGB -- great to hear that you are slowly bouncing back to yourself!! So proud of you.!

So many others I want to respond to, but its been a busy weekend. I'll try and catch up later with all the posts!
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until with my girlfriend.
  • PackerFanInGB

Just for Today, 5/18/24, Saturday:
    1. 24H food plan. :)
    2. Log food and close diary at end of day. >:)
    3. Assess yesterday's 24H food plan :)
    4. 64 oz water before 6:00 pm :)
    5. Journal :)
    6. Close 2 activity rings on Apple watch :)
    7. PT exercises >:)
    8. Love on my home & family :)
    9. No BS Virtual Camp Weekend 9:00-5:00 - Day 2: Body Image :)
    10. Evening Routine :)

2024: Healthy, Happy & Grateful. Today, I am releasing the goal number on the scale and striving for the goal LIFE I want to live...I choose peace over worry and joy over anxiety. My goal now is to be healthy--not a specific 'size'.

Good day yesterday! Today, I got busy and didn't do well with writing goals. Tomorrow's a new day!
    Hope you're all having a great weekend!