How do I scan For calories

How do I scan packets for calories

Answers

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,929 Member
    Packets of what?
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,703 Member
    If you're trying to scan barcodes, it's a paying/ premium feature (in the US at least).
  • JPBeastfield
    JPBeastfield Posts: 5 Member
    Lietchi wrote: »
    If you're trying to scan barcodes, it's a paying/ premium feature (in the US at least).

When I used this app many years ago, the barcode scanner was just there. No cost. Took me by surprise that it's now behind a premium account. Sad. Not enough to deter me using the app, but just just a money grab. Oh well!
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,945 Member

When I used this app many years ago, the barcode scanner was just there. No cost. Took me by surprise that it's now behind a premium account. Sad. Not enough to deter me using the app, but just just a money grab. Oh well!

My previous favorite app, Spark People, had a free and a premium version.

Not enough people paid for premium and the app is no longer available.

There is no such thing as a free lunch. Someone has to pay for server space and the people who work behind the scenes.

I’m happy to choose to pay for this app, so that it can remain available and free for everyone who needs it.
    🤷🏼‍♀️
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,330 Member

MFP was acquired by a venture capital firm a few years ago. The “money grab” is MFP’s entire usefulness to their portfolio.
  • John772016
    John772016 Posts: 130 Member

My previous favorite app, Spark People, had a free and a premium version.

Not enough people paid for premium and the app is no longer available.

There is no such thing as a free lunch. Someone has to pay for server space and the people who work behind the scenes.

I’m happy to choose to pay for this app, so that it can remain available and free for everyone who needs it.
    🤷🏼‍♀️
    You're very altruistic.

Pretty sure that 'wonderful database' on MFP that you and everyone is using was built on the backs of the numerous users who had a 'free lunch'.

You're right nothing is free but MFP users have been building the MFP database for free for years, for MFP to use as they like.
    Nothing I input here was a 'free lunch', my data was being used by more than me. I was quite aware of that.

A smart company would use the data they have access too, and market it to the companies that would find it extremely helpful.
    A smart company wouldn't punish users that gave them all the data.
    IMO