140 Shorties group!

Options
If you're under 5'4" and around 140 lbs (doesn't have to be exact - just somewhere around that mark, on either side) then you can be a 140 Shorty! I think it would be very helpful to have a support and accountability group for women who are at about the same size/weight.

If you'd like to join in, reply with this info:

Current weight
Goal weight
Measurements (at least bust, waist, and hips, but include as many as you'd like to track)
Fitness goal(s) for October
Plan to get to your goal

The idea is that we will encourage each other and keep each other on track. Please only join in if you plan to be active in the group, checking in regularly, replying to others' posts, etc. That's a key part to having a group that motivates and supports you in reaching your goals!

Replies

• tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I guess I will be the first.

My name is Tanya.

Current weight: 143
    Goal weight : 135
    Measurements: have to take them
    Fitness goal(s) for October: 135 by the 31st
    Plan to get to your goal : Walking, Treadmill and doing the Wii Biggest Loser.
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Here's mine!

Current weight: 139 lbs
    Goal weight: 115 lbs
    Measurements:
    Bust: 38in
    Waist: 34in
    Hips: 37.5in
    Fitness goal(s) for October: Drop about 2 inches around my waist
    Plan to get to your goal: I'm going to be doing BodyRock workouts 3 days a week and Couch to 5K 3 days a week. I will also do other workouts (walking, low-impact cardio, yoga, etc) mostly to keep blood flowing to my very sore muscles and to keep them stretched out.
  • surmont2006
    Options
    Sherry Surmont from KY

Current weight: 150
    Goal weight : 125
    Fitness goal(s) for October: 140 by the 31st
    Plan to get to your goal : Walking, Treadmill and doing Racquetball Zumba and other things
  • Collinsky
    Options
    I guess I will be the first.

My name is Tanya.

Current weight: 143
    Goal weight : 135
    Fitness goal(s) for October: 135 by the 31st
    Plan to get to your goal : Walking, Treadmill and doing the Wii Biggest Loser.

Hi Tanya! 2 lbs a week is a great goal!
  • Collinsky
    Options
    Sherry Surmont from KY

Current weight: 150
    Goal weight : 125
    Fitness goal(s) for October: 140 by the 31st
    Plan to get to your goal : Walking, Treadmill and doing Racquetball Zumba and other things

Hi Sherry, glad you're joining us! I have got to get to some Zumba sometime... I've only heard awesome things about it.
  • ers2223
    ers2223 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello all...Well I am a shorty 4"11.

Current weight 139
    Goal weight 115
    Measurements Need To Get Them
    Fitness goal(s) for October to lose at least 10lbs 129
    Plan to get to your goal eat health, count my calorie intake, and excercise
  • surmont2006
    Options
    Forgot to mention I am 5'1"
  • tanya7712
    Options
    I forgot to mention how short I am. I am 5'2"
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    This is such an awesome idea! I'm 5'4 and three-quarters, can I still join? :)
    I'm Anna, I live in Baltimore, MD.

Current weight: 139.4 lbs
    Goal weight : 128 lbs
    Measurements:
    Bust- 34.5 in
    Waist - 28 in
    Hips 38.5 in
    Fitness goal(s) for October: Work out at least 4 times a week, stay under my calorie goals 6 days a week (and on the "off" day, I'd ideally like to be at maintenance cals), and to be 136 lbs by Halloween!
    Plan to get to your goal : Mix up my workouts to keep it interesting (I love the elliptical, but I am trying to do less elliptical and more...other stuff!) and start including strength training in my workouts.
  • Collinsky
    Options
    Hello all...Well I am a shorty 4"11.

Current weight 139
    Goal weight 115
    Measurements Need To Get Them
    Fitness goal(s) for October to lose at least 10lbs 129
    Plan to get to your goal eat health, count my calorie intake, and excercise

Hi! I'm an inch taller than you. :) 10 lbs by the end of October - fabulous goal!
  • Collinsky
    Options
    This is such an awesome idea! I'm 5'4 and three-quarters, can I still join? :)
    I'm Anna, I live in Baltimore, MD.

Current weight: 139.4 lbs
    Goal weight : 128 lbs
    Measurements:
    Bust- 34.5 in
    Waist - 28 in
    Hips 38.5 in
    Fitness goal(s) for October: Work out at least 4 times a week, stay under my calorie goals 6 days a week (and on the "off" day, I'd ideally like to be at maintenance cals), and to be 136 lbs by Halloween!
    Plan to get to your goal : Mix up my workouts to keep it interesting (I love the elliptical, but I am trying to do less elliptical and more...other stuff!) and start including strength training in my workouts.

Hi Anna - yes, you're welcome to join!

We have similar weight loss goals for this month - I hope to lose about 4-5 lbs. I never thought of eating maintenance calories on my off day -- I just let myself eat more and hope it's not too much. I think I'm going to see what my maintenance calories would be, and use that as my guideline for "cheat" days. Such a great idea!
  • Collinsky
    Options
    What's your workout plan for tomorrow? I'm doing the second day of C25K week 4, and probably some yoga in the evening to help keep my poor sore muscles from getting too tight.
  • tanya7712
    Options
    I will try to do the Wii biggest Loser but I am not sure since its Jewish New Year and I have dinner plans today and tomorrow and I am working all day but we shall see. Maybe after dinner if I'm not too tired.
  • Collinsky
    Options
    I will try to do the Wii biggest Loser but I am not sure since its Jewish New Year and I have dinner plans today and tomorrow and I am working all day but we shall see. Maybe after dinner if I'm not too tired.

Have a great day! Shana tova. :smile:
  • whiskyzee
    whiskyzee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Fun!

I'm 5'3" and currently 135.
    My GW is 130, but that's mostly a guess. I'm more focused on feeling great and being able to do that things I love, so whatever optimal weight that is will be my maintenance.
    Measurements: 35.5--27.5--37. My lower "abs" are my grief right now. They measure 34.5" and I'm sure that's where some of the last 5 lbs are.
    My goal for this month is to hit my GW!
    I play soccer 3-4 times per week, run, hike, bike, and occasionally wander around the gym in a state of confusion. I've started keeping track of my running mileage on non-soccer days, so I want to see how far I can travel by Halloween.
  • Collinsky
    Options
    Fun!

I'm 5'3" and currently 135.
    My GW is 130, but that's mostly a guess. I'm more focused on feeling great and being able to do that things I love, so whatever optimal weight that is will be my maintenance.
    Measurements: 35.5--27.5--37. My lower "abs" are my grief right now. They measure 34.5" and I'm sure that's where some of the last 5 lbs are.
    My goal for this month is to hit my GW!
    I play soccer 3-4 times per week, run, hike, bike, and occasionally wander around the gym in a state of confusion. I've started keeping track of my running mileage on non-soccer days, so I want to see how far I can travel by Halloween.

Hi whiskyzee! It's awesome to be so close to your goal! I love your attitude toward it -- focusing on performance and feeling good, and not on the numbers so much.
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    L'shana tova, Tanya!

Happy working out to everyone... I am super sore from a kickboxing class I did 2 days ago, but I'm still toughing it out and hitting the gym today. I'll probably just do the elliptical, though.

On another note, for the past 3 days I've been burning 600-700 cals and barely eating any of them, simply because I wasn't hungry for them. Well all of a sudden today, my appetite caught up to me! I didn't even feel bad about doubling the size of my sandwich at lunch. A girl's gotta eat to get her workout on!

Meeting a friend at the gym at 3 so I am going to try to be productive in the hour til then.

Later, girls!
  • Collinsky
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing well! I just did half an hour of yoga to get my legs limbered up - they've been so sore. It definitely helped -- but of course, sitting down at the computer to type this, they'll tighten back up again.

Tomorrow morning is BodyRock again... should be fun! And really, really tough.

I'm headed to bed soon, just wanted to check in. Have a great night! (or morning, or afternoon, depending on where in the world you are...) :drinker:
  • Collinsky
    Options
    Oh, I just did my maintenance calories, and it's 1690 cals... on my cheat days I try to stay between 1500 and 1800 cals, so that's pretty close! So neat!
  • Collinsky
    Options
    Aargh! My toddler decided to have a very needy morning, so I wasn't able to do my workout this morning before work... I'm getting set to do it now.

Hope you've been having a great day! Hit it hard, ladies!