I lost 55 pounds in 5 months! My motivation story.....

Options
I am 25 years old and started my weight loss diet plan in 5/2011. Starting weight was 268lbs! OMG....Needless to say I was to "Young to be so Fat", which is my motivation quote that I have spoken over 100 times through these 5 months. I am married with 2 children and I love to take pictures but sad to say I was always behind the camera never in front :( I felt embarrased to go out to dinner or dates with the hubby since he is a very attractive man and more and more women seem to notice him . I am not the jelouse type nor do I have to worry about him cheating on me, but I can say the thought did cross my mine that perhaps he might feel eventually unattracted to me. That was another motivator " I NEED TO KEEP MY MAN!!" . Finally, my number 1 reason I had to do something about this unhealthy life style are my boys. They want me to run with them in the park, participate in school events and even jump and play on the bed but I couldnt. The last draw was one day dropping off my 4 year old in school I was passing by a line of students they could have been 2nd or 3rd graders. Any who one of the little girls said very loud oohhh SHE IS REALLY FAT!!! I couldnt help but walk (almost run) to my car and sat there crying for at least an hour. Kids say the truth even if it hurts I kept thinking of how my kids will suffer later in school trying to defend me or hide me from there friends . It was the saddest but happiest day of my life when I put on my big girl pants and said I AM LOOSING THIS WEIGHT NOW! I currenlty weigh 213 and still counting down to my goal of 160! I can do it!!!!!!

Replies

• CNYKrista
    Options
    Great job!!! keep up the good work!
  • DiamondRubyMom
    DiamondRubyMom Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yes you can do it. Your progress so far is awesome!
  • Leia81
    Options
    How did you lose those?
  • blueyeb
    Options
    That's amazing! Good for you and congratulations on getting healthier for you and your kids!
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Keep up the GOOD FIGHT!

You are doing great!

Sounds like we started around the same place weight-wise - but I SURE wish I had started at 25 - so GOOD FOR YOU!!
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Well can I just say you are doing an awesome job :)
  • divadoll41
    Options
    awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    So proud of you for getting up and making a change! Keep up the hard work and you'll reach your goal :)
  • moriah5
    Options
    great job!!! I want to know too, what's your eating and exercise plan? Please share.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Thats great.. how did you lose 55lbs in 5 months? .... diet alone or diet and exercise? minimum cals a day or more?
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!
  • Smilee3233
    Smilee3233 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    It's hard to hear something like that. It seems everyone has a breaking point that turns things around. Congratulations on your amazing progress!!! You'll have to let us know what you've been doing to get such excellent results!!!
  • Greenwellj
    Options
    Good Job!
  • kld4239
    kld4239 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Great job! You are an inspiration to all of us.
  • tweetz_kk
    tweetz_kk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    All I can say is................WOW!!! Well done on your weight loss so far Im sure you will be a motivation for all trying to lose the weight I know you will be for me!! I started Lighter Life in 2009 and lost 5 stone but have put it all back on if not more all those diets are crap! Kick start you off maybe but not a long term resolution, I have PCOS so not able to have children but keep getting told to lose weight I want to lose 4-5 stone by end of March 2012 I just hope I can do it I start off good but just seem to fall off the wagon I have signed up for gym membership haven't been to the gym but played badminton a few times with the hubby think.. no I know now is the time ... NOW OR NEVER!! Want to slim down just hope I can get all the support from peeps on this site! Your a inspiration to us all!!

Well done!!

x
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    GOOD JOB
  • jamielr84
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • msyaba
    msyaba Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great Story and Job! Thanks for sharing I need all the motivation I can get.
  • lee8331
    Options
    okay I dont have a a down pack method to the weight loss but I do know my body gets use to the same routine so it stops. What I had to do is change my diet every 3 weeks and add a fat burner or appetite suppresant or something extra whatever it is to keep my body tricked. This is extreme and crazy perhaps but it worked for me......HCG really DOES work !! I go off and on but I dropped MOST of the pounds on it. When i run out of hcg I take fat blocker alli with low fat foods. I have also tried green tea pills which did work but again all these are short periods at a time. I have tried Adapexin-P. Works ok but again only 2-3 weeks. I have detoxed and have been treated with colonics. This cleaned my system and I alway drop Like 5 pounds doing this once a month. Zantrex-3 (red bottle). This one really works too. I have done the lipotonix butt injections for vitamin boost and also taken diuretics for water weight! There are plenty of more suggestions I can give just message me. By the way I get checked by my doctor regularly to make sure I am not harming myself . It is hard work and I am ADDICTED to weight loss.
  • DLMcCutchen79
    DLMcCutchen79 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Great story!! You have done awesome!! Keep up the great work! I decided on April 29, 2011 that I was going to do something about my weight. It was a trip to the doctor's office that did it for me. When I saw I was up to 231, my heaviest ever, I knew I had to do something. I slowly started making changes to my diet. It wasn't until June that I really got serious about the weight loss. I changed not only the way I eat, but made changes for my husband and our three children as well. I started cooking healthier meals and cut back on how often we consume fast food. I switched to diet soft drinks, but found I was drinking way more soft drinks than I ever did when I drank regular so now I'm trying to cut the soft drinks out of my diet completely. It was also in June when I joined the YMCA and started exercising. My entire family is more active now with me than we ever were before. I don't diet, I honestly made a life style change. I still eat pizza on occasion when out with extended family, but I keep it's infrequent and I have one serving not three or four. I am more active than I have been since I was a teenager and have lots of energy! I have lost 45 (almost 46) pounds now! I have a little over 5 pounds to reach my first major goal, to lose 51 pounds (that will put me at 180) by my Birthday, October 13th. Not sure if I'll get there by then but I'm trying!!! Good luck on your weight loss journey!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!