Tracking Sleep

Options
I noticed a few inquiries on the past regarding the tracking of sleep such as using the "Add Measurement" function. However, I was unable to access it using app version on my iPhone. Is there another way that the duration of sleep can be tracked?

Replies

• Kleptoma
    Options
    Anyone? There certainly must be a way of this next gen app being able to track sleep...
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    MFP does not offer sleep tracking, but if you have a Fitbit model that tracks sleep, it can be linked to your MFP account and will show the sleep tracking in that Check-in measurements/weight section.
  • Duck0724
    Duck0724 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Can you use an Apple Watch to track sleep and connect it to MFP?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,905 Member
    Options
    Duck0724 wrote: »
    Can you use an Apple Watch to track sleep and connect it to MFP?

@Duck0724, this thread is from 2015. The app in 2015 was very different from now.

These days, MFP has been working on a sleep tracking function in the phone/tablet app. It's "Sleep" in the "More" menu. Right now, it only works with Google's Health Connect app, but Health Connect can connect with other health and fitness apps. (I'm not sure which ones.)

I don't know whether MFP Sleep will ever work with Apple Watch directly. (I don't work for MFP.) However, it is somewhat common for MFP to start a new function with one particular outside partner, then add other outside partners after the basic function is worked out with the first one.
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Sleep tracking is worthwhile, but you'll need to do it on another app.