πŸ“”πŸƒπŸ½β€β™€οΈπŸ₯‘ Ultimate Accountability Challenge June 2024 πŸ“”πŸƒπŸ½β€β™€οΈπŸ₯‘

Options
henridw2095
henridw2095 Posts: 1,013 Member
The June Edition of the Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) is now open and ready to welcome you! The UAC is a positive and supportive community with old and new members from all over the world. We focus on three simple daily actions that can create big life changes.

The β€œchallenge” portion is simple. Whether you are in weight loss mode or, like many of our members, committed to maintenance, we invite you to join us in building healthy habits through a daily check-in:

For every day, this check-in answers three simple questions:
1. Did you track your food, snacks, and caloric drinks?
2. Did you stick to the daily calorie goal you set for yourself?
3. Did you incorporate at least 20 minutes of intentional physical activity?

With up to three "pass days" (days when you didn’t meet your goals), you’re a winner for the month. Stick around until the end of the month, you’re still a champion!

Why the UAC works:
1. It’s a stable and supportive community (The UAC has been around for years).
2. It’s a non-judgmental and non-competitive space that welcomes and supports you at any level.
3. We focus on habits rather than reporting pounds. Our discussions have been life-changing for many members.
4. Your time commitment to the UAC is up to you. You can update your check-ins as little as every three days and still be a winner, but many of us find reading and participating in our daily discussions on various topics helpful.
5. The UAC is an incredible tool for building accountability, whether you are a winner or a champion for the month.

Come on over, check us out, and please don’t hesitate to ask any questions you may have. We're here to help, and excited to meet you.

Replies

• takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 2,142 Member
    Options
    Hear, hear!

June will be my 12th month with the Ultimate Accountability Challenge! Almost a full year of changing my life from the ground up. I consider myself super lucky to have found this group right when I joined MyFitnessPal: I started out with a goal of losing 100 lbs in a year, and while I had plenty of motivation, I didn't have a clue how to get started. The UAC was the missing link for me: a non-judgmental place to learn, keep track of what I was doing, and find support when I needed it.

The UAC also taught me the importance of daily exercise: I was completely sedentary a year ago, in constant pain, and scared to move. Now I exercise regularly (water aerobics, walking, swimming, stretching, and various other fun activities like taiko drumming, kayaking, and ping pong). But the best part is that I truly enjoy it (which I never thought possible).

I eat better, I sleep better (work in progress!), I'm almost completely free of pain now, and all my health metrics have improved drastically. I'm more than 80 lbs down, and excited to go the rest of the way. And the best part is knowing that I have friends who will cheer me on when I'm doing well, help me through tough times, and make me laugh on occasion.

Here's to all of us, learning and improving together! As @henridw2095 said, come on over!
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    The Ultimate Accountability Challenge is a tremendously supportive community. With MFP ending the newsfeed function, I think it will become more important for each of us to find out β€œtribe”, or home on MFP. I have been a member of UAC since the summer of 2021 and it has been such an important part of my wellness journey. I love the diversity of the group: people of all ages, from every corner of the world, and in a wide variety of life experiences with health and wellness. In addition, it is a blend of folks who are successfully maintaining and those of us on the path to achieve weight loss.

Come and check us out and please know that you would be very warmly welcomed.
  • deskjockey925
    deskjockey925 Posts: 4,929 Member
    Options
    This is such a wonderful and supportive group!
    Three easy (or not so easy .. on a given day!) steps to improve consistency, your health, and your day-to-day life.

Please join us <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,396 Member
    Options
    This is a wonderful group of knowledgeable, supportive, non-judgemental people who value their fitness and health, and are happy to share their experiences.

I have been a member for a number of years. It has greatly assisted me in reaching maintenance, and staying there.

The three daily requirements are a good starting point for building positive, helpful habits.

Give it a try. What have you got to lose?
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
  • Wiseinwellness
    Wiseinwellness Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    LOVE this group and checking in daily. It has given me the accountability I need to keep myself honest about what’s going in my mouth and what intentional activity I am getting daily. You will also have many β€œah-ha” moments the more you participate. The option is yours.

It’s helped me lose 30 lbs, and now maintain that loss, but more importantly, it’s a really great community to be a part of.

Come join us!
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    I have been in UAC for over 5 years. It is the most supportive and interactive group in MFP. These 3 rules are applicable to weight loss, maintenance, and even weight gain :)
    These are the rules you need in every stage of your health journey.

Come join us.
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    I've been a member of the UAC since January 2021 - it's a welcoming, non-judgmental, group of diverse personalities. You will surprise yourself at how difficult the challenges can be, but they work!

Losing, maintaining, gaining weight or just trying to develop a fit and healthy lifestyle this is the place to be!
    Come and join us.
  • estherpotter1
    estherpotter1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I just joined.I stayed within my calorie goal today and worked out at work.I had to push heavy racks around.They were full of starch and pineapple lump confectionary.I work in a chocolate factor.So I try not to eat many of the chocolates.
  • estherpotter1
    estherpotter1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I meant chocolate factory.
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 755 Member
    edited May 31
    Options
    Hi @estherpotter1 ~ be sure to join the challenge group. Daily check-ins start tomorrow on June 1st, in the group (not here.) Here is a link to the group to join:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/146519-ultimate-accountability-challenge-june-2024

About the challenge - To all :)
    The challenge is public until evening on the 6th when it goes private.

The challenge focus is on 3 things to do each day with a check-in thread for each day.

Plus, each day has an optional topic for discussion. You can share your thoughts, or not... no pressure...

The thing about this group is there are no weigh-ins. No one tracks what you do, everything is simply up to you, for you. The true hard part is to keep going when the urge to quit hits, and that is when sharing support and encouragement in this group can help us push forward.

All welcome. If you have any questions, do ask. There is a lot of info to read in the group, but it really is quite simple and people are happy to answer questions... and talk about issues that come up when we try to change how we help ourselves do these things.

Check it out :)
  • Adventurista
    Options
    The June challenge begins today, June 1st. Be sure to join the actual challenge group.
    --Daily check-ins start today on June 1st, in the group (not here.) Here is a link to the group to join:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/146519-ultimate-accountability-challenge-june-2024

You can still join the challenge while it is open/public until evening on the 6th when the group goes private. After it goes private you can still request to join.

This is a monthly challenge that has been going for many years and has a separate new team each month. So, if not now, maybe later... Cheers :)
  • takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 2,142 Member
    Options
    Thank you @Adventurista <3
  • Adventurista
    Options
    <3
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,223 Member
    Options
    I just found a post from @ptitejeanne, to the June 4th thread, but the group is set to private, so I can't read it :p. I used to do UAC last fall/summer, I dropped it (and all challenges) after a knee injury last August. Thinking it might be time to try to rejoin challenges .... this one is good, bc I have physical limitations around exercise b/c of knee injury, and food logging is the key, I think!
  • henridw2095
    henridw2095 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    @mkksemail if you haven't already - you can always join late! The UAC is as much a challenge as a support group and starting late and still participating will be fine.
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,223 Member
    Options
    @mkksemail if you haven't already - you can always join late! The UAC is as much a challenge as a support group and starting late and still participating will be fine.

Ty, @henridw2095 :)! I out in a request to join the furum. Hopefully by tmo) Monday, I'll gear back. Cheers!
  • Neon_hippie
    Neon_hippie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Will there be a challenge for July 2024?