40lbs down, feeling healthier

Options
quemalosuerte
quemalosuerte Posts: 242 Member
I've been yo-yoing for years now and reached a personal heaviest weight of 291 at the start of this past school year (I'm a teacher). I've lost 40lbs this school year, started back on the antidepressants I went off 5 years ago, and feel better than I have in years. My resting heart rate was in the High 80s when I first got a fitbit that measured heart rate, the past few nights it has been in the high 60s. I have more energy. I can jog for a half mile straight. Today, I carried a 50lb bale of hay across my parking lot and up 2 flights of stairs to my apartment without having to stop to rest.

I am hoping to ride this success through summer and lose another 20lbs.

Replies

• quemalosuerte
    Options
    The bale of hay is for my guinea pigs. I have 9 of them in my "sun nook" and they go through a lot off hay.
  • MamaCDubbs
    MamaCDubbs Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I hope you continue to have success!! are you just staying in a calorie deficit and jogging or doing anything else special?
  • quemalosuerte
    Options
    Not really doing anything special. Less alcohol, less snacking, smaller portions, staying active. Small things that add up over time.
  • MultiverseCafe
    MultiverseCafe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! 💪
  • quemalosuerte
    Options
    Just had my annual with my physician. Blood pressure down, weight down, heart rate down. I even donated blood just now and got to brag about being to run a half mile...in a row. My doctor is super proud of me.
  • JeremyM0510
    JeremyM0510 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Amazing results there! Please keep it up and keep sharing your progress
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!