SBF2: Reboot! Join us!. . .March 18th

Options
Just starting the thread. . .be back in a few minutes to report.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Just starting the thread. . .be back in a few minutes to report.:flowerforyou:
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I don't know about where you guys are but it is beautiful here.

Goals for the day are:
    Stay within calorie limit-- todays going to be tough because I think I'm heating at home and that home cooked food always gets me
    Some low intensity exercise
    Drink all my water
    And for my non eating related one ... finish reading Watchmen and start on my paper due Friday.

Good luck meeting all your goals!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    I've searched high and low and can't find that anyone else started. . .:tongue:

Today I have some big goals, and they involve a rigid schedule on my day off, which I resist. But. . .

Going to the reference library. (a huge library where the books never leave, so you don't either) for two hours.

Trying a yoga class at my gym (due to cost concerns and fear of Bikram burnout) at 6:05 (O5? who makes up these start times?)

Hydrating, vitamins, and cleaning the fridge (it's garbage day:grumble: ).

Take care of yourselves.:flowerforyou:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    My day started at 3:30 this morning with work. Started taking B12 drops and they are amazing. Not like caffeine or ephedra. Keeps me steady without jitters. I love them!! Anyway...

Going to the gym here in a couple of minutes. Then back to work for an hour. Next to my son's math class to help out, then back to work. Then kids home and we do our thing until our bible meeting tonight. Busy, busy, busy. Might need another shot of those B12 later this afternoon. But at least I'm getting my workout in.
    that%20was%20close.gif
    Two water bottles down, two more to go.

Have a great day everyone. See you tomorrow!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    Another rough night for me. Alex is apparently sick. He's not acting like it but he's been having loose BMs and going in his pants. :noway: I guess he ate something bad. So we were up at 2 changing sheets and bathing him. He's in a pull up now. :grumble: He's been potty trained for nearly a year so this is frustrating for me.
    Anyway, in spite of my lack of sleep I don't feel too horrible today. I managed to meet all my goals yesterday except visiting my neighbor. Alex took a super long nap. I will try to go see her tomorrow.
    Today is:
    take Alex to horse therapy
    do a little shopping (maybe do it all if I can get a list together)
    eat fruits and veggies
    drink all my water
    try to get Shred in this afternoon
    push ups and sit ups

I think that's it. I think that's enough. :tongue: Have a happy flappy my friends!
    MM
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I'm sleepy today. This strength workout every morning is making me sore!

I did my Yoga Burn DVD last night when I got home, and remembered how bad I am at yoga! :laugh: I guess that's OK, I'll keep trying. I didn't realize how tight I was!

Today is aerobics, getting all my water (harder because I forgot my bottle today :grumble: ), and pushups. Oh, and I'm sure I'll get a walk in after lunch if the weather holds up.

Have a good day! :flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    No one is bad at yoga - it's one of the beautiful things about it. Some poses allow you to go deeper than others, that's all.

MM - I'm convinced that once you become a mom, you are able to handle less sleep than lazy people like myself. If I get less than 8 hours two nights in a row, I become cranky!

Yesterday I went to three very different yoga classes. In the first flow class, I was sweating buckets (after class, I even checked the thermostat only to see a comfortable 75 degrees). So for the next classes, I brought a towel - but I didn't need it. The first one was a pretty normal yoga class, though advertised as flow. The final class for the day was almost all breathing. We didn't even stand up - but oddly, I didn't hate it. The teacher was super cool and we had yoga gossip after class. Went for a short walk yesterday as well.

Today, I'm doing: slow flow, core yoga, and my regular yoga class. I'm also going to weights class and getting some cardio in.

Happy, flappy, workouts!

Oh, I also joined facebook yesterday. I hope I won't regret this. My email just quadrupled.
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options

Happy, flappy, workouts!

Oh, I also joined facebook yesterday. I hope I won't regret this. My email just quadrupled.

There's a my fitness pal group, you know (although it's not particularly active.) It's actually pretty fun (facebook) but that might just be because I have a different last name than I did when I was in high school. My husband, on the other hand, has just been found by a bunch of folks he went to high school with, who are now sort of stalking him. (only mildly. . .) I'm pretty serious about my privacy settings, as I don't want all my students to know exactly what I'm doing (or complaining about. . .:tongue: )
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! So, I am in the most insane three weeks of my schedule; one week down, two to go. ie. in the next month, I have 7 days that don't have games scheduled. That doesn't count daily coverage, teaching & working at the restauran :noway:

I started Monday on the challenge with all of you, but took a mental health birthday and only got on the computer for 15 minutes. Spent yesterday catching up and am just getting to post today. I slept in and then asked my husband to go for a run with me. His response was, "ugh" :grumble: and I said, "but it's my birthday, you HAVE TO!!!!!! :laugh: We did my normal 3mi route in the drizzly mess, but I felt great!

Yesterday I was sooooooo sore, I felt like i had the flu. Today I'm fine. Borrowed tae-bo from a girlfriend so I'm starting that tonight. Pigged out at a St. Patty's party last night. Stayed under 3,000 (only 2 cans of pop!!! and tons of fruit salad) so while high, it was also majority healthy.

I finally feel 90% healthy so I'm taking this week slow:
    3 bottles water/day (big bottles)
    workout every-other day this week
    log cals religiously (when I do, I lose weight & vice versa)
    not eat the entire bag of min reeses my boss just brought me for my birthday (oh yeah, and all the sundae fixin's at home):tongue:

Arianne :happy:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Happy Birthday AD! Eat some reese's for me! :tongue:

Haven't made up my mind if I want to work out today. Going to do push ups and I'll go from there. I should work out. I'm already in my work out clothes. I will be completely honest and say, some days I just don't feel like sweating and showering, okay! :laugh:
    MM
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Hi,

Goals:

1) log in all meals::yes smile:
    2) Stay in calories: :frown: but not horrible, 200 over today
    3) Healther eating: It was half and half today
    4) Exersise three days a week: Nope, not today--one day in so far
    5) Work 8.5 hours or less: yes:smile:

So all in all: C-

But........I lost one 1.5 lb since I started back into the swing of things last Sunday Mar 8th.... that's got to bring up the average to a solid "A" :wink:

Talk to you tomorrow

Anne
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    This a.m., when I put on my pants, they were looser. So, I measured. It might be owing to the fact that my last measurements (two weeks ago) were right before my special lady time, but I'm down an inch and a half at my waist's smallest point and down an inch at the bellybutton. This could also be owing to the fact that I've been gluten free for the past two weeks. Whatever it's owing to, if my pants are looser, I'm happy.:bigsmile:

Just got back from a lovely yoga class. It was all hip openers, which was exactly what my body needed (pretty much what it always needs.) I think I'll try to go to "gym yoga" on either Monday or Wednesdays depending on my schedule/energy level.

Now, I'm off to clean the fridge and take out the garbage. . .I also completed my project work today (Drama at the reference library: I got to watch a guy who was trying to steal someone's laptop get tackled by the person who owned the laptop. Do not mess with a grad student's laptop. They will fight to the death for it.:noway: )

Apparently, I'm on a roll. Thank God it's spring.:flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Happy belated B-Day, Arianne! Good luck with your crazy schedule. Glad you are feeling better. And you too, V. I resemble that remark about grad students and their laptops... or at least I used to. :wink:

Yeah, I'm on facebook. I'll admit to having mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, it's a nice way to keep up with people that I might not otherwise talk to on a regular basis. On the other hand, I never know how to respond when some random person I haven't spoken to since elementary school (and barely even then) wants to be my friend. :tongue:

So I got in my walk and went to aerobics. I just need to do my pushups (still trying to catch back up to MM) and get to bed on time and it's another banner day. Oh, and drink some more water. :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Arianne, where are my manners?

Happy birthday!:heart::flowerforyou: :heart:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday AD!

I don't think I could join the MFP group on Facebook - I already think there's too much going on. I'm someone that can't do two things at once and the chatter of Facebook throws my brain out of wack.

CP - you just ignore it those "friends". Pretend it didn't happen.

Just finished 3.5 hours of yoga and 45 minutes of weights. Can barely move. It must be hips week, because they've been the focus of nearly every class this week (9 so far!).
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    So....would you all accept me as a friend on facebook? :tongue:
    I looked at the MFP group and there's not much happening there. I think there's like one post a month or something. lol
    See you all in the morning!
    Boogaloo!
    MM
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the birthday wishes!

I attempted tae-bo basic tonight. All I can say is there's a reason I'm a runner! :laugh: I would have had you all lying on the floor trying not to pee yourselves 'cause you were laughing so hard at my lack of coordination. Then the stupid guy says to double-time it?!?! What the (^*&^%&^&^&?????:noway: I can barely do "it" to begin with! However, I did attempt to "double-time it" and managed not to end up on the floor looking like a pretzle... pretty darn proud if I say so myself!

just had to share 'cause I'm still giggling at how stupid I felt & must have looked (husband & son are in bed so no eye witnesses) :tongue:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Then the stupid guy says to double-time it?!?! What the (^*&^%&^&^&?????:noway: I can barely do "it" to begin with! However, I did attempt to "double-time it" and managed not to end up on the floor looking like a pretzle... pretty darn proud if I say so myself!

:bigsmile: LOL