MFP versus Lose It

jimdavidson6314
jimdavidson6314 Posts: 2 Member
edited June 11 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all,
With MFP removing Newsfeed function the friend comms link is essentially gone.
I see a lot if people moving to Lose it.

Questions:
Is “Lose it” functions better than this for logging and interacting?
Would anyone recommend a Lose it trial?
Are Friend connections easy?

Cheers

Replies

• Moijo02022
    Moijo02022 Posts: 59 Member
    I’ve tried lose it and several other apps before and still find mfp has the functionality I need for tracking food macros and exercise balance
  • michaela4910
    michaela4910 Posts: 544 Member
    I’m getting used to Lose It! and I like it. Having the newsfeed is well worth it.
  • pawsrbabies239
    pawsrbabies239 Posts: 19 Member
    So many apps & tried so many of them. And none seem to offer all, meaning calories, carb, fat, protein, walking & exercising tracking and this one does. Many in my YMCA pre diabetes group highly recommended this app. So far very happy with fitness pal & I did pay for premium.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,487 Member
    Years ago I tried Lose It, Chronometer, Spark People, and others. (Also in person Weight Watchers, overeaters anonymous, and others). For me, Lose It and MFP were tied for first place. I did both for several months, trying to make up my mind. My dietitian suggested MFP. Been here ever since.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    I have been playing with Cronmeter as it includes fit-bit intergration in the free version. I like it from a logging stand point, and the Fit-bit integration is far superior to MFP. There doesn't seem to be any meaningful way to interact with other users, so I don't think I will be switching there. If there is no newfeed here or there, I would just stay here.

I wanted to try Lose-It, but the free version only supports the Fit-bit Aria, and I have a Versa 4. I don't know what the user interaction is like in terms of putting together a friend group. I would be interested to hear people's thoughts and experiences with it.

I use the newsfeed here daily, so with it being gone by the end of the month with no reasonable replacement, I am looking for other options.
  • ae92jay
    ae92jay Posts: 153 Member
    I am testing out lose it. I don’t like the design of lose it. MFP looks cleaner, easier for me to enter my logs + custom categories. Which I can’t do on lose it.

Mad they are eliminating the newsfeed. If I knew this was going to happen I would have not renewed my premium membership back in April.

At the moment still not sure what I am going to do. Because only limited fitness apps sync with lose it. My watch doesn’t sync. I would have to buy a new watch to sync with lose it.
  • jimdavidson6314
    jimdavidson6314 Posts: 2 Member
    Tried Lose it, didn't like the experience.
    Decided to stay here albeit, no newsfeed.

Good luck to everyone whatever you decide.
  • imgonnadoit123
    imgonnadoit123 Posts: 49 Member
    When did newsfeed disappear? I just noticed it’s gone today.
  • vegas711
    vegas711 Posts: 92 Member
    Currently trying free premium trial of lose it after yet another idiotic move by MFP to eliminate the newsfeed. Have 10 plus years logging streak and this is their dumbest move yet. We'll see about Lose it. But really pissed at MFP. I will say at $39.99 yearly for lose it, that's half MFP. Day one of 7 days. Stupid MFP 😡