Newsfeed

Options
I want my newsfeed back. I want to see my friends activity.

Replies

• lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Ain't gonna happen.
  • lauragoat
    lauragoat Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    So is the newsfeed gone or only with the paid version.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,333 Member
    Options
    lauragoat wrote: »
    So is the newsfeed gone or only with the paid version.

It's the same for everyone, premium and free users.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    edited June 10
    Options
    The newsfeed software was old and unsupported, and only a very small number of people used it.

The good news is that the food diary, exercise log and reports are still there! :)
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    The newsfeed software was old and unsupported, and only a very small number of people used it.

The good news is that the food diary, exercise log and reports are still there! :)

Oh puh’lease!
    And the reports never even work!

The reports work fine for me!

• TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 283 Member
    Options

Oh puh’lease!
    And the reports never even work!

The reports work fine for me!

Congratulations
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    They say the news feeds will all be gone by the end of the month, June 2024.

My feed was temporarily restored yesterday, but it was not! This was about friendship sharing ideas and things, what is wrong with that. There is little for me without the news feeds. People are not going to move to Prime or what ever it is.

Would they listen to a mass exodus of long standing members?
  • Lietchi
    Options
    Fuzzipeg wrote: »
    They say the news feeds will all be gone by the end of the month, June 2024.

My feed was temporarily restored yesterday, but it was not! This was about friendship sharing ideas and things, what is wrong with that. There is little for me without the news feeds. People are not going to move to Prime or what ever it is.

This has nothing to do with premium membership, the newsfeed is gone/ going away for everyone.

They claim it was a rarely used feature. I have my doubts, but we'll never know.
  • Machka9
    Options

No.

1. Hardly anyone used the newsfeed.
    2. The software is outdated, not supported, and too expensive to fix.
    3. Premium members do not have the newsfeed either.

• Lietchi
    Options

No.

1. Hardly anyone used the newsfeed, they say.
    2. The software is outdated, not supported, and too expensive to fix.
    3. Premium members do not have the newsfeed either.

Small correction 😉
  • RustyBFF
    RustyBFF Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Well I used it and so did the friends I added just a like to say well done etc it helps
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options

all of MFP's software is buggy, but they aren't removing the other features or spending the money and time to update everything. you can log food and exercise on many apps.

• rshunk
    rshunk Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Sooooo disappointed that they are getting rid of the newsfeed!! What is the point of having friends on here now if you can’t even interact with them?!?! I highly doubt it was a rarely used feature like they claim. And for those of us who have the premium subscription, they should reduce the price if they are going to take away features!!
  • kirstyvdk1
    kirstyvdk1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    OMG how do you get motivation and support now? What a stupid decision. I used it every day.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, I'm busy. That's why I looked at the news feed. Its been good to know what others have been doing, discovering and things