Sharing my half way point! :)

Options
DanniB423
DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
edited June 5 in Success Stories
Hey everyone! I just wanted to share a before and after at the half way mark of my journey. I’ve struggled with my weight my whole life and have lost/gained. The left pic was the end of 2022 after losing my Dad, my two senior dogs, becoming a caretaker for my aunt with dementia in his place and just not caring about myself. I’ve slowly found my way back. I have awhile to go. I understand my “goal” is still high for my height but I’ll never be 130lbs. It’s just not going to happen. 185 is my end of HS weight so for now that’s my long term goal but I try to celebrate wins in small increments. Best of luck to all! :)
5’0 36 y/o
HW dec 2022: 315
CW: 232.6

7a3vcr3cr7x3.jpeg
:)

Replies

• The_Elephant_Man
    The_Elephant_Man Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! You should be proud of yourself!!!! You look amazing!!
  • rtlenton
    rtlenton Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look great and I bet you feel amazing. Keep it up!
  • JeremyM0510
    JeremyM0510 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I’m so happy for you! Keep doing what you’re doing. I’m inspired:)
  • shannshine1
    shannshine1 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    SO well done! Congratulations on your success! Reading your news put a smile on my face!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    Congrats. You look amazing. Consistency is key, just keep doing what you’re doing. You got this
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    So happy for you on your goals! Incredible!
  • Live0rDieTrying
    Live0rDieTrying Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I bet you are physically feeling much better. I hope you are starting to feel better on the inside, too, especially mentally. I also lost my dad in 2022, and it was so rough. Sending all the hugs and uplifting, positive vibes. You've worked very hard to get to where you are currently. Don't give up on yourself - you are definitely worth it <3
  • kittyCarol707
    kittyCarol707 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look wonderful! I wish you continued success and healing from the loss of your father and your beloved pets.
  • RetiredandtiredVA
    RetiredandtiredVA Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great work! Keep it up. I'm just starting. Also struggled with my weight since have kids around 30 years old. Now I'm late 50's and gained 30 pounds after a tragic whole house fire last year where we lost everything. Finally getting to a good place again with my mental health and want to take care of my physical health too.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,167 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • A_New_Creation
    A_New_Creation Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    This is such amazing progress. Your tenacity is really what gets me. You really seem like a gem of a person, looking after your family like that. Wishing you the best.
  • pashin8nz2000
    pashin8nz2000 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great work. All the best in your health journey.
  • jennydowd
    jennydowd Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You are doing the work, girl! What a milestone! Congratulations! Also...your hair is gorgeous!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!