Is there a reason why...

Options
I should not buy my new running shoes from the "girls" section instead of the "womens" section!!

I'm having a look at the moment and being a UK size 4.5 - 5 I have just realised I can save myself a lot of money on the same sneaks, in better colours!!

Help! :)

Replies

• lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Are you actually going to use them to run in? If so, you really should go to a running store to figure out what your gait is to get the right kind of shoe. You would be amazed at how the wrong kind of running shoe can cause various pains in your legs and even back. That is something you shouldn't save on.
  • justleeanne
    justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm going to run in them! ! I've been running for a while now so it's not my first pair! I don't need all those fangle dangle foot tests! :)
  • hotstuff76
    Options
    you have tiny feet x x
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm going to run in them! ! I've been running for a while now so it's not my first pair! I don't need all those fangle dangle foot tests! :)

Then why are you even asking? I would think that children's shoes are really not designed for running long distances since most children that wear them cannot run long distances, but I could be wrong. I guess try them and see if they hold up.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    um, you should buy shoes that fit you well and provide good support...whether you find them in the girls section or the women's section, who cares.
  • KristinC4
    Options
    No there is no reason why you should buy the womens over the girls. I personally prefer the children's shoes over the womens because, to me at least, they are more comfortable.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    My friend and I went to a running store and had all the fingle fangle tests done. I got a woman's shoe, they put her in a boys shoe bc her feet are so small. IMO, buy the cheaper girls ones!
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Then go ahead and buy the cheap shoes because they are pretty. I buy running shoes for the support that they give me, how they look is meaningless in the end to me.
  • justleeanne
    Options
    There are lots of children and young people who run for clubs and in competitions etc so I did not think they would be any different from the womens ones in that respect but since I am not a shoe expert I thought it was worth asking the question.

I am not going to buy the shoes JUST because they are pretty, I will be buying my shoes for support and comfort etc, it would be stupid of me not to, but the fact is there are some trainers which have the same model in the womens and girls section, if I have a choice of colours and of getting the smaller size for half the price then yeah, I'm going to, I'd be stupid not to do that too!
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Leeanne

Buy the shoes that fit you the best....

Regardless if kids or adults

Admit that kids shoes might not be designed for running as such.... But we not doing a marathon honey x
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    At my last 5k, a 6 year old boy finished in 26 minutes! So... I'm guessing they do make quality running shoes in children's sizes.
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    At my last 5k, a 6 year old boy finished in 26 minutes! So... I'm guessing they do make quality running shoes in children's sizes.
    awesome!
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    awesome!

Agree!! I think they would be fine! They are the same shoe lol! Have fun runnin and I'm jealous that you can save tons of money! ;)
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options

Then why are you even asking? I would think that children's shoes are really not designed for running long distances since most children that wear them cannot run long distances, but I could be wrong. I guess try them and see if they hold up.

The last time I did any serious running was when I was about 13.... I think I was wearig children's shoes then!
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I bought my running shoes in the kid's section... I take a size 5 women's which is also a size 3.5 kids. They were much cheaper and I haven't had any problems with them so far...
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I am a trial and error gal. Since they sound pretty affordable I would give the girls shoes a try and see how they do.
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    The guy at our sporting goods store told me that children's shoes aren't as supportive for running but maybe he was just trying to sell me more expensive shoes...
  • prdough
    prdough Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I would think childrens shoes were meant only to hold a child's weight, while Adult shoes were meant for adult weight.

Its not just about foot size.

If you wear a shoe that is meant for a 10 year old, it most likely is meant for an 80 lb load, not a 160 lb load.
  • KristinC4
    Options
    I bought my running shoes in the kid's section... I take a size 5 women's which is also a size 3.5 kids. They were much cheaper and I haven't had any problems with them so far...

Me too, only I am a size 8 1/2 which equals a 7 in kids. I am no where near a child's weight, but I haven't had any problems with mine. I play softball, coach soccer, and run around in them all the time. I think kids shoes are just as durable as adults.
  • justleeanne
    Options
    Thank you for all the replies! I think I'm going to try the girls ones, I will let you know how I get on! X