Guacamole Recipes Please!

Options
JeanCricket
JeanCricket Posts: 171 Member
Hi all,

Looking for some healthy and easy guacamole recipes. Thanks!

Jean

Replies

• AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 1,348 Member
    Options
    The best guacamole, for me, is most simple. I worked at a Mexican restaurant for a few months when I was young and stole their recipe. Just avocado,tomato,onion,cilantro,lime, sea salt, jalapeño
    Even with having the recipe, the lady from Mexico made it taste better somehow, though..
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    edited June 12
    Options
    Yeah, pretty simple. I use white onion which is what is used in Mexico for the most part, some chopped tomato, garlic, not too much that has been crushed and mashed using a little sea salt, lime juice, jalapeno and cilantro. Different proportions of these ingredients make a big difference in taste so finding the right ratio's for your taste is important.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if I'm just mashing up some guac to go on tacos or something, I just add some salsa to the avocado mash until it's the consistency I want. That's when I'm just throwing some together. I cook for one, so I'm not always very fancy and am EXTREMELY focused on speed and convenience :)

If there are going to be other people eating it, I use pretty much the same ingredients as the posters above. To neanderthin's point, proportions are key, so be sure and taste as you go to get the balance you specifically like.
  • earlybirdlady
    earlybirdlady Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I went to a party and had guacamole with mango added to it. Sounds so weird but it was so good!
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Not a recipe, but a flavor boosting technique:
    Prep all ingredients except avocado. Let the diced veg marinate in the lime juice overnight in the fridge.
    Add avocado the next day.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,853 Member
    Options
    I'm about to be unpopular, I predict, because I'm going to bet that many people will find this next horrifying. :D

When I was experimenting with lightening up guac and increasing protein, I found a recipe that suggested pureeing some (gasp) soft or silken tofu into the guac. I found that it would accept a fair amount of tofu without greatly changing either flavor or texture. I don't remember the details about amounts, because it was quite a while ago.

It's an option to try, for anyone who's not horrified . . . that's all.
  • AdahPotatah2024
    Options
    @AnnPT77 That is such a good idea! I don't think I'll puree it, but just add little cubes of baked tofu.
  • AdahPotatah2024
    Options
    I like my guacamole chunky!💕 🥑
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    edited June 16
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I'm about to be unpopular, I predict, because I'm going to bet that many people will find this next horrifying. :D

When I was experimenting with lightening up guac and increasing protein, I found a recipe that suggested pureeing some (gasp) soft or silken tofu into the guac. I found that it would accept a fair amount of tofu without greatly changing either flavor or texture. I don't remember the details about amounts, because it was quite a while ago.

It's an option to try, for anyone who's not horrified . . . that's all.

Actually that makes total sense considering tofu, especially a softer type would blend quite easily into the overall texture of guac and tofu really is quite neutral in taste and would adopt the overall flavor profile of the other ingredients and considering it's added protein I suspect that would be a plus, especially for vegetarians and vegans in general.
  • JeanCricket
    Options
    Thanks for all your ideas! Making a batch tomorrow. Will let you know how it goes 😋
  • JeanCricket
    Options
    Have made a few batches of guacamole and it’s been yummy! Along with mashing the avocados I add freshly squeezed lime, minced garlic, a little chopped onion, some chopped tomato, pinch of salt, and cilantro. It’s quick and easy and yummy.

Thanks again for all the responses!

Jean
  • Sinker202
    Sinker202 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm uncultured, but I like to add a 1/2 of dried cumin along with everything else.