Belly fat

Options
bernie795
bernie795 Posts: 1 Member
edited June 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I have done everything. How do I loose belly fat and get a 6 pack. I walk regularly and lift weights. I eat high protein foods and Herbalife is my go to.

Thank you

Answers

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    bernie795 wrote: »
    I have done everything. How do I loose belly fat and get a 6 pack. I walk regularly and lift weights. I eat high protein foods and Herbalife is my go to.

Thank you

Track your calories. Make sure you're in a deficit (eating fewer calories than you burn).
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,855 Member
    Options
    Fatloss is a product of a consistent weekly calorie deficit. No fatloss = too many weekly calories.

Abs are a product of having developed abs and very low bodyfat.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    You’ll need a progressive and hard workout programme to build ab muscles, then you’ll need to cut to c15% body fat (or less) to show the muscles. (That’s for a woman - men might need a lower level - women have a higher essential fat level and it’s not worth going below that unless you’re a competitor and know exactly what the risks are.)

Abs - particularly for women - depend on genetics too. If you store fat on your abdomen or if you have a short torso, you will find it harder to achieve and maintain a 6 pack.

I have had a faint 6-pack but it was too much work to maintain (for me) and I lacked the energy I need for training owing to the reduced calorie intake.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    You'd likely have to get your bodyfat % under 20%. And even then genetically you may still hold fat in the ab area after reaching that.
    Abs come from having low body fat around it and each person's % of how low it needs to be will differ. Trial and error is what you may have to do to find out.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 40 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    edited June 19
    Options
    It’s hard to “show” abs all the time. There’s lots of stuff on Google from competive body builders showing “before” photos versus after hard cuts for competition.

That’s how it works IRL.

To have a six pack all the time takes crazy dedication. I have one female friend out of a couple of hundred who manages, and she works her *kitten* off. Literally. Hard core home garage, member of a competitive metal gym, and also a gym at her challenging law enforcement job. She lifts - and heavy- almost every single day. She eats generously (and wisely- she’s an expert annd reads scientific studies constantly) until she’s ready to compete when she goes into serious cutting.

Few of us have that dedication.

If that’s the direction you want to go, you might need to seek some bodybuilding sites?

I’ve lost a ton here, and am comparatively fit now. But despite my abs being firm and strong, they probably will always look doughy because of extra skin left over and genetic tendencies. I’m cool with that. If you punched me while I was tensed, your fist might go in quite a ways before it hurt lol.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    What does your weightlifting workout look like? Abs are fundamentally made in the kitchen because you have to get your body fat so low. But you also need to have a considerable amount of muscle so that you have something to show once you’re lean enough.