I “Want” to Workout 🏋️

2»

Replies

• csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,162 Member
    i use free videos in an app called FitOn. some are only 20 min.
  • generationkill
    generationkill Posts: 4 Member
    I am not sure if you are able to do this... I used to have the same problem as you until I hired a personal trainer and started using fitness apps (in conjunction with MyFitnessPal). Keeping up with steps and calories burnt was a great help, a long with the professional guidance.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    I link going to the gym with something I need to do ie I get off from my morning wfh job and need lunch so before I get lunch I drive past my gym and I'm dressed for it so I do that first then lunch then errands.
  • katycanoe
    katycanoe Posts: 6 Member
    Join a class so you show up. When class finishes perhaps a classmate would be a workout buddy.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,866 Member
    csplatt wrote: »
    i use free videos in an app called FitOn. some are only 20 min.

Videos don't tell you if your form is wrong or if you're executing the exercise correctly. You'd be surprised at how many people do exercise incorrectly on their own who have been exercising for years.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 40 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 1,067 Member
    if you have trouble focusing, get a treadmill or an exercise bike and play games, post to forums or watch videos on your phone or TV while you work out. no getting dressed or having to find parking. my treadmill is a walking pad that can fit under my bed, and some exercise bikes fold to one third of their size when not in use.
  • FinelyFermented
    FinelyFermented Posts: 102 Member
    Join a group training class. Almost any gym has them. The people are awesome and you'll make friends which will lead to accountability on the days when the tank is empty.
  • FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 395 Member
    I have a suggestion based on personal experience: BODI subscription. I did their 21 Day Fix program and it toned my muscles very quickly. I easily went down a size. Even my hubby noticed that I was more shapely. I didn't do the entire workout each day. I would get tired after 25-30 minutes but those minutes were enough to make a difference. I couldn't maintain the program long term because of hip issues. There are a lot of squats and lunges in the program. I would definitely recommend it to others.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    For me when I don’t feel like working out I tell myself just do 10 mins anyone can do 10 mins, once I get up I always end up doing more often times my full workout, also I find if I do my workout in the morning sometime before 10 I’m more likely to do it, as the day goes on things get in the way or I’m just tired and I am less likely to do it . You have to just treat it like something that needs to be done there are a lot of things we do that we don’t necessarily won’t to do,
  • nolongergordo
    nolongergordo Posts: 41 Member
    I mean if you actually want to do something as simple as exercise you'll just do it.

You know what to do. Just stand by your word like you expect others to.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,866 Member
    March 23rd was OP's last response. Guess she's distracted again.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,657 Member
    edited June 27
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

But last active (reading?) on the boards June 17th 🙂
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,321 Member

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

With the boards as slow as they are now, I think there will be a lot more "late" answers to posts. Without many new posts, the old ones look more current than they are.
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 507 Member
    COGypsy wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

With the boards as slow as they are now, I think there will be a lot more "late" answers to posts. Without many new posts, the old ones look more current than they are.

Know-it-all Karen’s (and Jarens) have ruined the board.

This place used to be thriving with info from folks.