Close to target but unhappy with results

Options
I don't have far to go to reach my personal goal of 175Lbs, (currently at 182) and i'm starting to receive comments from family and friends that i need to stop losing weight as my face is starting to look gaunt and drawn. Trouble is i understand you cannot spot reduce fat areas but my moobs and love handles still need shifting!
Is there any way to rid these trouble areas without ending up looking like skeletor?

IMG_20110929_195446-1-1.jpg

IMG_20110929_200450.jpg

imgres.jpg

Replies

• sheffyce27
    Options
    do you do any workouts for your pectorals?? building up those muscles can flatten a womans breasts let alone a mans and as for love handles im not so sure besides ab work outs and maybe lower back? hope this helps some!
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Weight training. It will help to build muscle where you need it and give you a more toned/healthy appearance.
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I am kind of in the same boat, but its my thighs and stomach, the fat seems to be hanging on there. I just try to tone that area (ab workout and leg weights) as much as possible. But my doc recently told me I might want to avoid the weights for a few weeks and do cardio, cardio, cardio if I want to trim the layers of fat under my skin.

Side planks are good for the obliques/love handles.
  • theprices
    theprices Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Weight training. It will help to build muscle where you need it and give you a more toned/healthy appearance.

^^^this
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    You are correct - you can't spot reduce, but I agree weight training and push ups would help tighten up those areas.
  • fidgekitty
    Options
    Perhaps adding some (or increasing) strength training would be good, it'll fill you out and help cut your body fat down and help reduce problem areas. That way you can be lean without looking gaunt. Shoot you might even put on a few pounds in muscle.
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I put off weight training in favour of cardio to help me lose the weight, i guess now is the time to start hitting the bench.

will have to google some of the suggestions but keep them coming, thanks for the advice so far.
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone on the weight training.

And as a side note, I don't think your face looks "gaunt and drawn," your friends and family are probably just used to how you looked previously.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...are you doing strength trainer as well as eating clean? Those are the only two things I can think of! I am still 20 pounds from my goal weight and I was told the other day that I am going to "wither away to nothing," which isn't possible considering my goal weight is still on the higher end of the spectrum for my height. As far as people's comments, they just need to adjust to your new look. They're used to a puffier version of you, right? :smile: Hang in there, you've done great!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I put off weight training in favour of cardio to help me lose the weight, i guess now is the time to start hitting the bench.

will have to google some of the suggestions but keep them coming, thanks for the advice so far.

Do this!!
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    you can't control where the fat leaves first, and where it leaves last........in order to get rid of it, you need to go all the way. Keep going until its gone. Dont let peoples opinions derail you, I am in a similar sitution. And my plan is to go until i have a 6 pack........and then work back up from there, no matter the number on the scale. But no amount of pushups or strength training will help you lose in those areas. The only solution is to lose more weight.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    strength training and some more cardio should help out... do what you need to do for you.
  • IvyDroid
    Options
    I think your face looks great, like someone else said, it's probably that your family are used to you having more weight. You've put a lot of effort into changing your lifestyle and losing that weight, so don't feel unhappy, what you've achieved is amazing! Keep up the good work :)
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Weight training. You've lost the weight. Now you need the muscle. And once you have more muscle, you will burn more fat all day long, even at rest.
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Would a Bullworker give similar results as weight training? just i know i can commit to training with a bullworker whereas weight training is more difficult due to space constraints.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

^^^this

this!! eat plenty of protien, and eat at maintenance so that you can build muscle, and hopefully burn a little more fat.