Post Vacation Support

Options
kmuti1
kmuti1 Posts: 10 Member
Just returned yesterday from a three week Mediterranean cruise in Europe and pretty much did not think or log about the food we had in Spain , France, Italy and the islands. Before I left I lost 42 lbs down to 207. I don’t dare get on the scale now, but need motivation.

Replies

• Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Maybe just get back to the normal eating and exercising. Do weigh-ins later.
    Do your clothes fit the same?
  • Traquette
    Traquette Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You wouldn't have enjoyed your vacation if you were constantly tracking ! And I bet the food was amazing !
    So what if you gain a little weight, come back to your normal and you'll be fine ^_^

• lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 305 Member
    Options

Traquette wrote: »
    You wouldn't have enjoyed your vacation if you were constantly tracking ! And I bet the food was amazing !
    So what if you gain a little weight, come back to your normal and you'll be fine ^_^

I agree with this 100 percent. Just get back on the horse, pick up where you left off. Please don't do what I did last year, where I continued my vacation eating habits and re-gained all the weight I lost. You don't want to go there.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,853 Member
    Options
    On the off chance that you do decide to weigh in, be aware that unusual eating patterns can add water weight temporarily, and so can long bus/train/car rides or (especially) air travel. That can be surprisingly many pounds, but it's not fat, so not worth worry. For me, that kind of water retention usually drops off after a week or two, at which point I can see the impact on body fat, if any. For women of the age/stage to have menstrual cycles, the travel-related water retention might conspire with hormonal water retention shifts to keep the scale weight for confusing for a whole monthly cycle.

Sometimes people do weigh after travel (or after just unusual eating patterns) and panic when they see a scale jump. At least delay stressing about it for those few weeks, to let things sort out, if you do decide to weigh. (Personally, I'm fascinated to see how my body works, so I'd be more likely to weigh right away after a trip, then daily to see the changes. I get that that's not the right answer for everyone, though! :) )

And yeah, definitely just jump right back into your normal healthy routine right away, no delay, and no "try to make up for it" thinking. Just back to the normal habits, and everything will be fine.