What book are you reading?

Options
1127128129130131133»

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,863 Member
    Options
    Posting here because I am not currently reading anything but would love some suggestions. So if you see this and care to reply please do :)

I prefer ... and fantasy.

I'm a huge fan of Terry Brooks, his style of writing heavily influenced my own novels.
  • Traquette
    Traquette Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I finished Take your breath away (very good overall) and I needed a new audiobook asap for my next run alone yesterday so I chose another Linwood Barclay: No time for goodbye
    So far so good !

• jess2023mac
    jess2023mac Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Linwood Barclay is good!

I just finished a book my sister loaned me, 'Dewey', the library cat. Cute but not my usual kinda book.

I started a Lisa Gardner book, 'The Next Accident'.
  • jess2023mac
    jess2023mac Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    A very recent and memorable read was Invisible Child by Andrea Elliott.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Posting here because I am not currently reading anything but would love some suggestions. So if you see this and care to reply please do :)

I prefer ... and fantasy.

I'm a huge fan of Terry Brooks, his style of writing heavily influenced my own novels.

I love the Knight of the Word series but the Shanara series does less than nothing for me. I'm sure someone will scream 'Heretic!!' momentarily but if I wanted to read Tolkien, I would just read Tolkien...but I don't.
  • melaniedscott
    Options

I prefer thrillers/suspense, interesting historical, and fantasy.

but I also have a weakness for self help books and romance!

I really like Illona Andrews. They (husband/wife writing team) do more urban fantasy, some post apocalyptic/alternate history. Some books have vampires and werew...therianthropes but not any way you've seen before. And they're funny and have some romance. Overall, a good time.
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,418 Member
    Options
    @jess2023mac I have read every single book of Lisa Gardner's and loved them all. I especially like Rainey and Quincy!
  • tuddy315
    Options
    Winter's Mourn by Mary Stone
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 3,075 Member
    Options
    Just started Riley Sager's newest thriller, "Middle of the Night." Loving it so far.

• melaniedscott
    Options
    Reading Silver Birch, Blood Moon right now, which is an anthology. Blazed through Illona Andrews Innkeeper series last week, every one I could find. Probably read Winter Lost by Patricia Briggs next.
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the Passage by Justin Cronin.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 14,172 Member
    Options

I really enjoyed it, long as it was. 😀
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 419 Member
    Options

I really enjoyed it, long as it was. 😀

Me too! I listen to the audiobook while I'm out walking and the paper book when I'm at home.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,863 Member
    Options
    With the Shogun series on Netflix, I've been inspired to re-read the original novel on which the series is based, all 1,700 pages.
  • MichelleGraham6762
    MichelleGraham6762 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading The Nurses of Eastby End by Anna Jones
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    American Values: Lessons I Learned from My Family
    -Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

RFK Jr. also shares his own experiences, not just with historical events and the movers who shaped them but also with his mother and father, with his own struggles with addiction, and with the ways he eventually made peace with both his Kennedy legacy and his own demons. A lyrically written book that provides insight, hope, and steady wisdom for Americans as they wrestle, as never before, with questions about America’s role in history and the world and what it means to be American.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/39074272-american-values
  • tuddy315
    Options
    The Quarry Girls by Jess Lourey