How much weight will I lose per week?

Options
Hi all, to maintain my body weight is says that I should be eating 1900 calories per day, I have cut down to roughly 900 calories per day, I don’t want to get on a scale to see how much weight I’ve lost because I don’t want to get demotivated if it’s not as much as what I thought it would be. So I’m wondering how much weight would I be losing just based on my calorie intake ( minimal exercise)

Answers

• Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    If you don't get on a scale, you'll never know your weight change and never know your maintenance level or how big your deficit is.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,570 Member
    Options
    Nobody can say. But you should not be eating only 900 calories per day. Even a small child needs to eat more than that.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    900 calories as an adult is disordered eating that will crush your metabolism. Weight loss is more than math - your body isn't that simple.

If 1900 is your sedentary maintenance then cut to 1400 or cut to 1600 and go for a short walk every day. Build habits around including more water, less sugar, more fiber, less salt, more protein, less caffeine.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options
    You would be losing at 1500 per day, but you'll do more harm than good at 900.

This is about the amount of calories a human two year old needs. Please eat, or suffer the health consequences.

In addition, the scale shouldn't be giving you such angst. You are way too worried/fixated. I hope you'll talk about this in real life to someone who can help you.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    On a weekly average I can almost guarantee you’re taking in more than 900. Regardless, nobody can tell you what you’ll lose, if anything. After 4-6 weeks it will become apparent how big small or non existent your deficit was.