Eating for your blood type

Options
Does anyone do this or has anyone tried this at all? I know in the past, I have eaten for my blood type, unknowingly of course, and it worked fine. Actually it was great. Says that type A blood types flourish on vegetarian diets and I did amazing just eating veg in the past. Just a thought..anyone have any comments?

Replies

• shaj316
    shaj316 Posts: 161
    Options
    never heard of this. bump (so I can keep track of this thread)
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I've heard of it - never tried it deliberately. Actually sat through a few classes on it. I have several acquaintances that swear by it.
  • Maria_Goose
    Options
    Where can I go for more info on this? I'm curious to see how I'm "supposed" to eat for my blood type. Interesting....
  • brandihutchinson
    Options
    Wierd, I've never heard of this!
  • banjjo
    Options
    I try to live by the O blood type diet and I feel so much better when I do.
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Sorry off topic but I love your profile picture.
  • cindylouk
    cindylouk Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Health food store's carry the books.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    My dr suggested it as his wife lost weight on it after she had a baby. He is now practicing out of his home as he is more in preventative and holistic medicine and apparently the partners at the clinic weren't feeling it. He was also pro-life and supported Natural fFamily Planning. It is cash or barter only NO Insurance. I say all this so you can see he is bit outside the norm for doctors. I bought the book but did not like the sound of a type A vegetarian diet. My husband is type O and his is supposed to be high in meats but he has high cholesterol and is very obese and has heart surgery. Take a look and see if it works for you but I wasn't impressed for me. Interesting theoretically though.
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Sorry off topic but I love your profile picture.

If you're refering to my profile pic, thank you!
    As for info, you can google "eating for your blood type" or "eating for blood type A' or whatever yours is. I looked at this website, there's a lot of useful info there. And I did feel so much better when I was veg.
    http://thenaturalhealthplace.com/
  • LilPnMeSkinnyFeet
    Options
    G-O-O-G-L-E
  • prdough
    prdough Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Blood group O is believed by D'Adamo to be the hunter, the earliest human blood group. The diet recommends that this blood group eat a higher protein diet. D'Adamo bases this on the belief that O blood type was the first blood type, originating 30,000 years ago.
    Blood group A is called the agrarian or cultivator by D'Adamo, who believes it to be a more recently evolved blood type, dating back from the dawn of agriculture, 20,000 years ago. The diet recommends that individuals of blood group A eat a diet emphasizing vegetables and free of red meat, a more vegetarian food intake.
    Blood group B is, according to D'Adamo, the nomad, associated with a strong immune system and a flexible digestive system. The blood type diet claims that people of blood type B are the only ones who can thrive on dairy products and estimates blood type B arrived 10,000 years ago.
    Blood group AB, according to D'Adamo, the enigma, the most recently evolved type, arriving less than 1,000 years ago. In terms of dietary needs, his blood type diet treats this group as an intermediate between blood types A and B.

from wikipedia
  • prdough
    prdough Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I definitely am living by my blood type right now! and it is working. Not that I have tried to live by the others.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    personally i think its bs...just sayin
  • aj_rock
    aj_rock Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    It's a placebo effect. About as effective as that diet that makes you drink pregnant lady pee.
  • cjw6
    cjw6 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Nonsense. Sorry- just one of those things people want to believe because magic seems easier than energy in<energy out.
  • OfficerFuzzy
    OfficerFuzzy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm either an A or a B blood type, but I'm not sure.

I don't believe it, but if it works for you that's awesome. ^^
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    This was the latest "discovery" from Dr. Oz....

...that should tell you all you need to know really. icon_headdesk.gif
  • redhead91
    Options
    It's a placebo effect. About as effective as that diet that makes you drink pregnant lady pee.

There isn't a single diet out there that has you "drink pregnant lady pee". Please actually do your research before you bash something.

As for the diet goes, I definitely think there is something to it. I personally have not tried it, but I do find that people crave food according to their blood type. I personally, am a type O and crave meat constantly. I don't necessarily think I would try this diet. I try not to rule out any food group as "bad", but I think if it works for someone and makes them feel better then that's awesome. I first heard about this on Dr Oz and he kind of thought it was a bunch of hogwash so who knows.
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Is there an astrological sign diet, too? It seems it would be about as effective as it takes nothing else into consideration but one characteristic and tries to offer nutritional guidance.
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Gee I didn't know some ppl would get so heated and offended..lol. First off, it isn't a ''diet''...it is food that is best for a particular blood type to consume. This has been around long before anyone ever heard of Dr. Oz. I am not sayin anyine should eat this way or that this is gospel so calm yourselves, I was simply seeking opinions and seeing if anyone else had eaten like this. I know physically I felt better when I ate based on what they recommend for my blood type than I even do now eating healthy everything. Vegetarian worked for me great, and I never suspected it would. I ate vegetarian by accident because of something else before I had ever heard of this abt 6-7 yrs ago and lost weight without ever even having that as a goal. So it was just to get some opinions and ides, not get ppl all bent out of shape, sorry if u got offended.