Loss of support

Does anyone else miss their newsfeed? Mine of my biggest support systems was ripped away, and it still hurts. I miss the support I received from friend I had made in ver the years of using this app. Now I am limbo. The support team said to make a group to include all my friends so we could still interact. Not the same and any interaction has been nonexistent. MFP has become a glorified food diary for me. I’m at a loss.

Replies

• KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 959 Member
    Absolutely! I had friends with streaks that were literally years long and had lost weight equivalent to my teenager. It was hugely motivating to see their consistency paying off.
  • KareninCanada
    otyskbkb2gux.png
  • AndyRRobinson
    AndyRRobinson Posts: 8 Member
    Absolutely, mfp has changed for the worse imo, it was a great help being motivated by people's comments in my daily diary, now its just cr@p!!
  • evileyefirefly
    evileyefirefly Posts: 303 Member
    Does anyone else miss their newsfeed? Mine of my biggest support systems was ripped away, and it still hurts. I miss the support I received from friend I had made in ver the years of using this app. Now I am limbo. The support team said to make a group to include all my friends so we could still interact. Not the same and any interaction has been nonexistent. MFP has become a glorified food diary for me. I’m at a loss.

I loved the feed, you can however go to your friends page and write on their activity feed. While its a terrible replacement for the news feed that's a way of keeping in touch with those people you've had helping and used for support.
  • hsrunningmom
    hsrunningmom Posts: 134 Member

I loved the feed, you can however go to your friends page and write on their activity feed. While its a terrible replacement for the news feed that's a way of keeping in touch with those people you've had helping and used for support.

I guess I am not familiar with the activity feed. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 905 Member

I do miss the news feed. There was one other with a streak longer than mine (Magerum).

I'd like to see the feed restored. Wonder why it was r moved in the first place
  • pony4us
    pony4us Posts: 161 Member
    Never used it, use this to track food and exercise. Useless for me.
  • KareninCanada
    Gidzmo wrote: »
    I'd like to see the feed restored. Wonder why it was r moved in the first place

Apparently it was old software and they didn't think people were using it, so they turfed it instead of updating it.

I didn't see any opportunities to give feedback on whether it was being used, though. But then I rarely ever used these forums except to find friends to connect with.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,656 Member

I can't do that all I get when I go to their page is: awp5lxn6gone.png
  • evileyefirefly
    [/quote]
    Its probably on their side as they will need to make sure their privacy settings allow for people to see/interact with them.
  • evileyefirefly
    You also can only get to it from the "community" page, not from the base MFP side.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,656 Member
    Its probably on their side as they will need to make sure their privacy settings allow for people to see/interact with them.
    [/quote]

That is my husband, his privacy settings definitely allow me to see (or used to). All those on my friends' list are the same. One day I could interract with all, the next day I could interract with no-one.......
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,726 Member
    __Di__ wrote: »

This is an MFP profile (actual MFP website), where a person's newsfeed used to be.

The new activity feed isn't on the actual MFP site, but in the Community profile specifically.
    Tap/ click on someone's username in the Community and then tap/ click on 'view profile'
  • staffordshire62
    staffordshire62 Posts: 32 Member
    After 9.5 years, MFP took the only feature away (newsfeed) that really kept all my OG friends cohesive. Whoever made this bonehead decision I hope is fired. About 30 of my closer friends are on Lose it app now and we are all hooked up again. Some like myself just click the MFP logo daily because it's tough to let a 3500+ day streak go in hopes things may change in the future. Lose it is much better and no bugs like I have lived with on MFP forever. Anyone want to come over to lose it we have a big group called MFP exodus group. All there are long term MFP members who felt this app no longer has anything to offer without the feed and the ability to post fun stuff like memes and pics. In addition...lifetime membership for $59...Look me up Staffordshire62 or just join the MFP exodus group and introduce yourself. Free barcode scanner as well without premium
  • chelbeth1689
    chelbeth1689 Posts: 3 Member
    Does Lose It have the macro goals as well?
  • imustloseit1
    imustloseit1 Posts: 403 Member
    I feel the same way, miss hearing about other accomplishments it encouragedme to try hard, now no newsfeed so have no idea what other are doing. Dpn't know why I still come back everyday, just a habit.
  • FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 398 Member
    I was just thinking about this today. I haven't checked in on my friends because I relied on their posts in my newsfeed to see what they were up to. They don't post in the new activity feed so I have no clue! I don't know why MFP thought this change would be a positive one.
  • evileyefirefly
    FibroHiker wrote: »
    I was just thinking about this today. I haven't checked in on my friends because I relied on their posts in my newsfeed to see what they were up to. They don't post in the new activity feed so I have no clue! I don't know why MFP thought this change would be a positive one.

If I had to guess it was a purely financial decision.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,112 Member
    The news feed was nice but it really didn't have an impact on my weight loss and it won't make me gain weight either. The only thing that matters is what you put in your mouth... lol
  • Thoovee
    Thoovee Posts: 9 Member
    Aw man, yeah. I recently re-joined and so much has changed since 2013. I'm starting my account from scratch now though, so none of my old friends are on MFP anymore. I hope to make new and active friends!