Not sure how to calculate this

So, I went to preview three houses for a client today. I walked to all three, across an airstrip, in a dress and heals in 102 degree weather...

The distance would be about 1/4-1/2 of a mile... Brisk pace too as the builder was moving along quite quickly.

So... Do I just count it as walking brisk pace? What would you do?

Replies

• Yes, but I would consider the amount of effort you feel you put in. If you work out, you probably have some idea how many calories you burn in how long... take this into consideration if the number seems too low or too high.
  • colgosling
    colgosling Posts: 104 Member
    Yes, I would put it down as brisk pace and how long it took you
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    I would guesstimate the time spent walking and the time spent slowing down to look inside the houses separately. Then list both times in brisk walking and slow or moderate.
  • Negative... don't count it.
    Is this something you do on a regular basis? If so, enter this in how physically active you are at work.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    If you were showing houses I'm guessing this is your job. Don't count your job as exercise. Your activity level should be set to reflect what you do in that respect already.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Yes, it is my job BUT under normal circumstances it's not this extreme... I go from the car, up a sidewalk to the front door, show the house and then typically stand while the buyers take second/third looks around.

The only reason why this one made me think about adding it is because I don't normally show 5 acre ranches x 3, in the hot weather, in heals. :laugh:

Maybe I should just leave this one off then and see what tomorrow brings?
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    I don't log anything that's part of my "daily life"

I walk miles a day as a nurse, and never count it because it's just me living my life.

I only count dedicated gym/exercise time (gym, hiking, lap swimming, yoga, etc)
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Oh and I don't do this on a daily basis either, it's my job yes; but my work day is not set in stone as to when I'll be out showing clients. I can go 4 days without getting into a property and then I can go an entire week non stop.