Discipline is greater fuel than Motivation

marteldharris
marteldharris Posts: 3 Member
edited July 12 in Success Stories
1bayglsvvfec.jpeg

I was 395+ pounds at the top of last year, I now hover around 235 pounds. Today the weather sucked... and I wasn't in the mood to workout but I got up and did my 5 mile walk to get my 10,000 feet today. These are the days that count... when you really don't wanna do it and you still do it...builds character! It builds discipline and all of a sudden the days that don't suck so much become vastly easier to tackle. Make sure you absolutely follow through on the days that suck the most! B)

Replies

• oakster69
    oakster69 Posts: 65 Member
    Good for you. That is a huge weight loss, and right about what my total loss needs to be. I am at 395 now and if I made it to 235, that would be great and good enough for me.
  • BronzeScorpio1111
    BronzeScorpio1111 Posts: 132 Member
    Absolutely, awesome progress! @marteldharris
  • marteldharris
    edited July 12
    Thank You! and Excellent! Having a clear picture in mind is the beginning of making something happen! What are you doing to help meet your goals? @oakster69
  • marteldharris
    @BronzeScorpio1111 Thank You, I appreciate that!
  • memeq2
    memeq2 Posts: 94 Member
    Way to go. Sometimes the hardest part is getting started but once I do, I love it.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    Congrats that is a huge accomplishment. Thanks for sharing I needed to hear this today. I lost 135 lbs and have kept it off for 12 yrs ( going up and down a bit, but catch myself ) for the most part. Lately it seems harder not sure why but I am doing it anyway. Today when I do my workout I will think of your story, one day at a time. We got this……
  • jwgntx
    jwgntx Posts: 2 Member
    You are an incredible inspiration. Thanks for sharing your story!
  • dawncastilleja
    dawncastilleja Posts: 1 Member
    Super proud of you and motivated by your success!
  • 16susieroberts
    16susieroberts Posts: 1 Member
    Awesome! You are wise to understand that it's the self-control, doing it "anyway!" that keeps us moving in the right direction even as the feel-good motivation comes and goes. Well done!
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,589 Member
    You are so right! Congrat's to you on your fantastic progess!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!