Jump In, Jump Out, Introduce Youself.

Options
My name is Amanda *WHAT?!* I live in the Southern United States * WHAT!?!* And I wish I loved to run!

Oh yeah. I'm 27 and work in the financial services industry. This has been a real problem - because i spend a lot of time at my desk, driving around the city and eating a nice restaurants - plus, my office mates eat absolute cr*p and it's so hard to say no (which obviously I haven't!). Over the past 3 or so years, my weight has skyrocketed to the 250s (I'm 5'7). It's kind of depressing.

Replies

• jcn1109
    Options
    Welcome, Amanda! Most of us here can relate to how you feel about the weight gain. I am new here, myself, but I've found the people here to be really helpful and friendly. Good luck, whatever your goals here may be!
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda, I know how you feel and used to be there. You can do this. You are worth it. Make a promise to yourself and log every single thing you put in your mouth. Just the accountability of that alone has helped a lot of people. Good luck.

OH, I work full at a busy pharmacy and have 3 amazing boys. My oldest is a US Marine and we are going to his welcome home celebration in 2 days! He's coming home from Afghanistan. My 2 little boys are 6 and 10. (Yes I started young and started over)

My ultimate goal now after losing 91 lbs is to be at goal (135) by 11/11/11..yep only 6 weeks away. I really believe I can do this.

Have a great evening.

Nichole
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    My name is Amanda *WHAT?!* I live in the Southern United States * WHAT!?!* And I wish I loved to run!

Oh yeah. I'm 27 and work in the financial services industry. This has been a real problem - because i spend a lot of time at my desk, driving around the city and eating a nice restaurants - plus, my office mates eat absolute cr*p and it's so hard to say no (which obviously I haven't!). Over the past 3 or so years, my weight has skyrocketed to the 250s (I'm 5'7). It's kind of depressing.

My name is Christina WHATTTTT I live in Florida WHATTTTTTTTT i am a fatty and im workin on that! :)

I am 26 work @ Wells Fargo, hate it, love exercising and love this site! Bienvenido!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    My name is Jean! I live in MN! I spent my whole life obese! NOT NO MORE!!!!
  • missfluffyuk
    Options
    I'm Rie, I'm 19 and a part-time student and part-time Bakery Assistant... I spent 2 - 3 days a week completely SURROUNDED by cakes, creams, chocolate, custards, and fresh, fresh bread... Makes it hard to resist come break time! And since I'm on my feet for those few days, I never want to get out and exercise for the rest of them, meaning I want to lose ~44lbs.
  • Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    My name is Decker *WHAT?!* I live in San Diego *WHAT?!?* and I too wish I loved to run!

20 years old, attending beauty school (no, I'm not stupid...just lacking in common sense occasionally), and I love this site xoxo
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda and welcome! I'm 5'7" and started out at 244 lbs. I'm 198 now and looking to get to 144. I'm in marketing, so I understand about the desk jockeying, good food, and office crap, lol. Right now, on every third desk at work, is a bowl of halloween candy, the good stuff, all chocolate. I grudgingly sit at my desk eating my snacks and walk at every break because I'll be damned if I'm going back to where I was! Friend me any time - I'm currently getting my *kitten* kicked by Jillian Michaels and her brand of hell she calls 30 Day Shred.
  • BRISAjustAltered
    BRISAjustAltered Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda. Name is Brisa, I'm 27 too. Live in Southeast Texas. I love to run, but my knees hate it! My lungs don't feel too hot about it either. My highest weight was 247 lb. But I'm a little shorter then you, 5'5, so I guess that is not all that much. Add me if you like.
  • InsertCleverName
    Options
    wow you all are awesome.

jcn - thanks for the kind words.

soul - wow, you look SO much younger in your now picture. congrats. also, glad your son will be home soon.

christina - it's been so hot down here and I hate working out inside (though if I had a pool it wouldn't be so bad, but alas i don't!) - what do you do? can't wait for some cooler weather soon.

Jean - good luck!
  • jcarmel
    Options
    Hi Amanda! I can relate to you very well, I am in Marketing so my day consists of being in a car, lunches out with clients, and lots of fast food. I am around 5 foot 8 and started mfp at 234, I've lost 25 pounds so far but it is a daily struggle sometimes. I think I set my goal weight at 140 but really I just want to be comfortable in my own skin. I'll send you a friend request and maybe can be of some help along the way!
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options

soul - wow, you look SO much younger in your now picture. congrats. also, glad your son will be home soon.

Thanks on both accounts!