Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Women 200lb+, Let's Give It A Try This July!!!

Replies

• jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 264 Member
    I wish I had taken pictures in April when I decided to commit to living a healthy lifestyle. I am in smaller clothes and the scale has moved, but I wish I had the pictures. Especially now that I am exercising more, the scale may move more slowly but the progress would show in pictures or measurements (I did not take measurements either.)

So just a reminder - take the pictures!
  • PansyLass13
    PansyLass13 Posts: 18 Member
    Hello:)
    I'm jumping in for the remainder of July and am excited to be in this group for accountability and motivation.

I'm currently 225 and would like ot lose slowly and steadily to get to 170/180. That range has, in my adult life, felt comfortable and useful. I just know right now, I'm not very comfortable, I have a bad knee and really feel it lately. Looking forward mostly to those non-scale victories: strength, mobility, better sleep, clearer skin, getting up and down from the floor w/o a struggle, etc, etc. lol

If anyone would like to friend me, feel free! Eating junk has been my more destructive habit so i made my diary public and am sure the accountability for myself will be useful. Thanks!!
  • jenbroussard71
    @PansyLass13 I just sent a friend request to you. Our goals are very similar. I haven't set a final number as my goal, I think I will know when I feel comfortable as you mentioned. One of my NSV is that I am better able to get up and down off of the floor, a few months ago I would have never gotten on the floor to begin with. I was too afraid I would need help getting up.
  • girlinkaz744
    girlinkaz744 Posts: 35 Member
    34 years old
    5’6”
    Starting weight: 222 (Feb, 21)
    Lowest weight: 154 (Sep, 21)
    Re-starting weight: 195 (Feb, 23)
    Goal weight: 160-165

June EW: 165.5

July 13: 161.1
    July 20:
    July 27:

I was away from the scale for just over two weeks and ended up with a nice loss! I haven’t been working out, though, so I’m afraid some of it is muscle. I run summer camps for teenagers, so I was out a lake for two weeks with very little time to think about exercise. I did stay away from carbs and sugar, though, my two enemies! These next two weeks I’ll be running camps in town, so I can hopefully have a little better nutrition and work on exercising again.

I got a new pair of jeans in May that were a little bit too small and I remember thinking “I’ll bet these are low 160’s jeans” and sure enough, they are! I wore them this week and they look cute and don’t squeeze like they did 5 pounds ago. It’s amazing how much of a difference even just 5lbs can make!!

Keep at it, ladies!! The small decisions we make today end up being BIG once they all add up!
  • mmatcha_latte
    mmatcha_latte Posts: 149 Member
    Name: Melissa
    39 years old, 5'8" woman

My Numbers:
    SW: 263.4 lbs (Nov 1 2023)
    CW: 197.4 lbs (July 14 2024)

Weigh-ins: Sundays
    July SW = 201.6
    July GW = 198
    7/7/24 = 200.6 (-1)
    7/14/24 = 197.4 (-3.2)
    7/21/24 =
    7/28/24 =
    Total WL/G for the month= -4.2 lb

I guess my body was ready for a big woosh this week. 😳 I noticed that it usually happens about a week before my period. I start feeling itchy all over my body, but mostly in my trunk. I have a lot of loose skin around my waist from previous weight loss and it all gets so itchy for a few days... Then woosh, weight suddenly falls off and the itchiness is gone. It's really strange!

Anyhow, my next goal is 196 lbs, which is BMI 29.9 and no longer obese, just overweight. 😭 I gotta make it there!!
  • quolwy
    quolwy Posts: 73 Member
    Hey there, just checking in with my end of week updates!

Starting weight: 219 lbs (6/10/24)
    Ending weight: 214.2 lbs (6/30/24)
    Total loss: -4.8lbs (in 20 days)
    Goal weight: 150-165lbs
    Goal Body Fat: 20-25%

Goals for July: ✔
    - Work 4 days/week ✔
    - Walk 10k steps minimum 3x/week ✔
    - Log meals daily and accurately ✔
    - Gym 3x/week ✔
    - Drink more water and less sugar ✔
    - Treat myself once/week with a self date ✔
    - Weigh in an 205lbs at the end of the month (-8lbs loss) (unless I have a magic melting week coming up this might not happen LOL)

JULY:
    1st: 213 lbs
    2nd: 212.8 lbs
    3rd: 211.6 lbs
    4th: 212 lbs
    5th: 213.2 lbs
    6th: 212.4 lbs
    7th: 212.4 lbs
    8th: 211.6 lbs
    9th: 212.4 lbs
    10th: 212.2 lbs
    11th: 212.8 lbs
    12th: 214.6 lbs
    13th: 215.2 lbs
    14th: 216.6 lbs (wow this is quite the spike)

Non weight Successes:
    - Not only did I get 10k steps 4x this week, I got 12k steps twice and 18k steps once!
    - Got out for a picnic to relax in the shade and read a book while my boyfriend practiced skateboarding, which was a nice change to the monotony as of late! :)
    - I have an interview tomorrow for a potential new job, which is great because my current one isn't enough to pay the bills sadly.
    - Feeling stronger each day, and really getting used to going to the gym regularly!

On the 12th I had a day out, buying dinner and drinking a bit, and finished it with doughnuts! The dinner actually wasn't too bad, spicy Korean grilled octopus, I'd say the highest calories were the drinks and doughnuts but I also got 18k steps and did a tough workout that morning so I'm QUITE sure it's just water retention as my body recalibrates back to eating at home. Good fun night though so no regrets!

Alright everyone, here's to another week!
  • jenbroussard71
    Jennifer
    Re-started 4/24/24 - 236.2
    CW: 213
    GW: 165 (may adjust when I get there)
    5'3" Tall

Monday weigh in
    July 1st: 216.6
    July 8th 213
    July 15th 212.8
    July 22nd
    July 29th
    July loss -3.8
    July Goal - 207 (which was my lowest weight in April 2023)
    End of Summer Goal - onederland!

The scale did not move much even though I was more active then I have been in a very long time. I exercised 4 times this past week and did quite a bit of house work and reorganizing. I think I slacked on the water though. I did start snacking on almonds, that's really the only dietary change that I made. To be honest, sometimes I am weighing my portions and sometimes I am not. This week I will get back to weighing everything and water. I don't know why I struggle to find balance?

I am just hoping that the scale will catch up with the work that I am putting in.
  • Cinnamonpimp
    Cinnamonpimp Posts: 6 Member
    CW: 260
    GW: 150
    HT: 5'2"

Hello all 😊

This is my third time using MFP but first real time trying to get involved w/the community. I'm normally a bit shy, but accountability and support are really huge for me to get anything done. I'm hoping to grow enough to keep myself accountable without so much support, but appreciate any help along thw way!

Goals for july:

-Log food consistently: so far so good! I am leaving space on the weekends as I tend to get really disappointed with myself and quit when I don't do sth 100% right.

-weigh ins AT LEAST monthly, but ideally every Monday: I have not started this consistently yet, so my aim is to get that into my calendar and have a set schedule.

-post a weekly check in: even a little something to stay active in the group and stay up to date with others stories and progress. I hope this will increase motivation and feeling of community

-get connected with weight and wellness clinic in my area: i already have a referral placed, just waiting to schedule an appt!

Thank you for reading!
  • girlinkaz744
    girlinkaz744 Posts: 35 Member
    @GardenQueen30 Welcome!! You totally got this. I generally find the first week or two of a new lifestyle change is the hardest and it gets easier from there. When I was 31, I was 225 lbs and thought that was just the way I was going to be for the rest of my life. Fast forward three years, I’m sitting in the low 160’s and I truly feel like I can do anything! I share that to say, true change is possible!! You can do this!! Hoping you feel better soon and your new program works for you.

@Cinnamonpimp Staying active in this group is a HUGE motivator for me too! As soon as I stopped posting, I started gaining again 😂 It helps to be “around” (even if it’s just online) other people fighting the same battles. Wishing you all the success!
  • CeCeFlyy
    CeCeFlyy Posts: 27 Member
    Weekly Check In • 7/16

SW: 237
    LW: 238.6
    CW: 237.4
    GW: 165

Last week was crazy busy, so I missed yesterday’s weigh in. But today I woke up feeling “morning skinny” and I haven’t felt that in a while. I usually wake up still full and bloated.

One thing I want to improve from last week:

I haven’t been tracking. My intake hasn’t been horrible by any means but I feel like I can still tighten things up. On the other hand, there hasn’t been much food noise and there’s been more listening to my body. So, maybe tracking isn’t the right thing for me right now. I mean we have results this week.

One thing I enjoyed from last week:

I had my little cousin for the week, she’s 9. So there was lots of playing, running, wrestling, and just fun movement throughout the days. I’m struggling to get up and workout if it’s not a walk, so maybe I’ll bring back my dance workouts a couple times a week. I think I’m trying to push myself too hard, too fast and it’s making me stagnant.

NSV:

✨ I feel alive
    ✨ I have more energy
    ✨ I’m putting more whole foods in my body
  • melissgee
    melissgee Posts: 1 Member
    Just starting to make some changes in my diet and activity levels. I already feel better and more energized in my day to day, but I’m having a hard time keeping my mindset focused on the long term. I’m so motivated right NOW and I want to do everything all at once - I think I’m scared that the motivation will run out sooner or later, so I want to lose all the weight and get super fit as fast as I can before that happens. Unfortunately that’s not how it works lol … so I’m trying to let myself go slow and celebrate the small wins along the way, instead of getting frustrated that it’s not happening fast enough.

Any tips to keep me going?? Excited to be here and looking forward to learning from the group!!
  • lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 499 Member
    No weight loss this week. I confess I've been overeating stuff. At least I haven't gained, and I'm set on getting a handle on it. Don't want to undue the progress I've worked so hard for. :(
  • jenbroussard71
    @SirOnionKnight - Welcome! I just wanted to say that losing 48 pounds in since April 2023 is a big accomplishment - Congratulations! You're in the right place for motivation. I find that just logging weekly makes me feel more accountable. Glad you are here and I look forward to seeing your progress!
  • SirOnionKnight
    SirOnionKnight Posts: 82 Member
    @jenbroussard71 thank you very much for the welcome!
    Ah, I usually struggle a lot to loose weight, like it takes me a long time and I'm trying not to go in the "well I'll just stop eating" mode this time around :D I know it doesn't work and it's better to keep a good diet, even if it takes longer that way♥ I increased my activity levels tho, so I'm a bit optimist~
  • lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 499 Member
    I have another big update already! For some reason I had another woosh and I met my next goal, which I didn't expect til the end of the month or even later. 🙈 I'm starting my period so maybe that's why? I dunno, but I'm not going to argue! I've weighed in at 195.2 for the past two days so I think I'm officially no longer obese! 🥳

IMG-20240718-094013-01.jpg

Screenshot-20240718-094649.jpg

Excellent mmatcha_latte, congratulations!