any low calorie breakfast & lunch?

Options

Replies

• JennJayBee
    JennJayBee Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for something quick to grab when running out the door in the morning, and I always eat a snack between breakfast and lunch (and another between lunch and dinner), so I only need just enough to tide me over until about 9 or 10am.

I like the Fiber One chewy bars (90 calories). If you want some protein, try adding a hard boiled egg (~78 calories) which you can make up days in advance. You can also try the Yoplait yogurt with granola. The strawberry is 190 calories. Of course, you can always do better by prepping your own fresh fruit and then dumping it into a coffee cup with some yummy vanilla FF yogurt and granola. Fast & easy!

(Love the homemade egg mcmuffin idea, btw. I'm a big fan of those, so I'll have to try that with a poached egg.)
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Kashi Almond Flax cereal and Almond Milk = less than 300 calories and it is pretty tasty, with a little sweetness and a lot of protein.
  • kristidem
    kristidem Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers cheesy egg scramble with hashbrowns (potatoes) and WW cheese, ham and egg. Both are about 230 calories, good protien. Sometimes I add a wheat english muffin / bread, or fruit. Very yummy, believe it or not!
  • Chelsea_Marinos
    Chelsea_Marinos Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Oat meal and egg whites!
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I buy Sarah Lee "90 calories and delightful" English muffins and add 2-3 scrambled egg whites. Sometimes a little tiny bit of ketchup. If i want cheese i buy Kraft low cal sliced cheese (25 cals). Egg whites are like 15-17 cals per egg. &&& it is very filling. :)

Lunch- I buy bags of veggies in the steamer bags. Low cal and super healthy. Just add a low cal dressing if you want some flavor, and if you want meat.... you can add 4oz of ck breast (grilled) for about 120 cals. Vegis are at highest 70 cals per serving.
  • jlowensby
    Options
    Oat meal and egg whites!

same here!
  • autumn20111
    Options
    Protein shakes are great and low cal.
  • jordanashley19
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm heading to the grocerie store tomorrow!
  • Real_Cool_Hand
    Options
    I put 1-2 tbsp of peanut butter in an 80-100 calorie serving of Greek yogurt, with about 1 tsp of honey. Lots of protein and the texture is thicker, so it keeps me full until lunch.
  • CherrySunday
    Options
    Oatmeal with a banana mixed in = 250 calories
    2 slices of Wellshire Uncured Bacon and 2 eggs = 200 calories

Those are my faves!
  • zeleni
    zeleni Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    1 - yoplait yogurt cup
    1 - slice of bread (whatever you have, but preferably whole grain)
    1 tbsp peanut butter (for the toast)
    1 - fresh fruit (banana, grapes, whatever)

Normally not over 300 calories for all of that! yum yum!!
  • Jenn1254
    Jenn1254 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Here's a breakfast I've been making lately. It makes a large portion And is only 180 calories.

1/2 cup egg beaters
    2/3 cup Jimmy Dean turkey sausage crumbles
    1/4 cup jalapeño slices, diced
    1 Laughing Cow light creamy Swiss wedge

Cook the eggs almost completely then add all other ingredients until eggs are done and cheese has melted.

You can also use egg beaters and toss in all kinds of veggies like tomatoes, bell peppers, and onions. You can add some diced ham or turkey bacon to it as well. You have tons of options for low calorie breakfasts.
  • Get a packet of high fiber maple brown sugar oatmeal stir in 2/3 cup water and microwave. Once it's cooked add 1 tbsp of peanut butter and a 1/2 packet tsp of splenda brown sugar is around 360 cals and keeps you full for hours. And it's yummy and healthy. Hope this helps.
  • seonf
    seonf Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have Milo cerial, just 115 calories per cup so I can have two cups, yay :)
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I usually have a gnc lean muscle meal for either breakfast or lunch. 170 calories. sometimes i add a piece of fruit. it usually satisfies me for a long time.... then again, i'm not geared to eating much in the afternoon hours.
    here's an update. i pretty much stopped the lean muscle meals. would rather have food.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    for lunch i love a tossed salad with chicken breast and no cal dressing.
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sandisue40
    Options
    every morning I have 2 slices "Juian bakery " sourdough bread toasted. ( 60 caories, 4 net carbs). 4 tbsp. whipped cream cheese (120 calories) and 2 tbsp. smuckers sugar free strawberry jelly 20 calories.( sometimes 3 egg whites with it. I wake up every morning knowing i can have this and its so YUMMY! Ive lost 27 lbs and have maintained my weight at 123 lbs. for months now. hope that helps.
  • shannoni_23
    Options
    I usually have 1 packet of instant oatmeal (made with water-I like apple cinnamon) w/ a half banana sliced into it. I eat that while I drive to work. It's 190cal. Then I'll eat another piece of fruit when I get to work. Orange (50 cal) or grapes (20=60ish cal). TOTAL=240-250cal

Another option is an egg sandwich. Microwave 3 eggs (1 whole/2 whites) (104 cal) - don't forget to spray pam in the mug/bowl and cover with a paper towel :smile: Toast 2 slices of Natures Own Double Fiber Wheat bread (50 cal each). I put mustard on it. 0cal, not sure if that's weird, but that's what my dad at on egg sandwiches. TOTAL=204cal

probably the best(healthiest) option is Fat Free Cottage Cheese. I eat 2 servings (1 cup) (160 cal) and I put 20 grapes in it (68cal) TOTAL=228 cal very high protein, fat free, covers dairy, fruit, & protein
  • heidiwebs
    heidiwebs Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Special K, low fat milk, and berries or a 3 egg white omlet with whatever veggies you like and a slice of whole grain toast with peanut butter. These are my always go to breakfasts.!
    :bigsmile: