Newsfeed

I was wondering why they got rid of the needsfeed. I liked it and the people I have contacts with was easier to motivate each other.
Can it be brought back?

Replies

• __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,656 Member
    I read a post stating you may be able to access the old newsfeed by logging into a desktop, but I haven't tried yet.

The newsfeed was one of the best parts of MFP.

I only use MFP on desktop, no it doesn't show any newsfeed, it has gone. I no longer log at all on it now, not food and drink or exercise.
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 503 Member
    MFP is a business. Maintaining the newsfeed comes with costs attached to server space/operation/maintenance, Computer programmer's salaries, and moderators. Since they arent attracting a bunch of new paying users or making enough ad revenue, they have to cut costs where they can.
    If it makes anyone feel better- Cronometer doesnt have a newsfeed either.
  • Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 443 Member
    Has anyone tried similar websites with a newsfeed? I need that encouragement and would love to know alternatives - although assume if you are reading this, they weren't any better!
  • fancyjo70
    fancyjo70 Posts: 2 Member
    I Miss the Newsfeed!!! I could get the encouragement, I Needed to get through a tough day. I feel, like I Don’t have the Support, I was getting. Please, bring back the Newsfeed!!
  • pony4us
    pony4us Posts: 161 Member
    Why don't you all just post here instead. The newsfeed is not coming back. Nobody at MFP reads the Community. There are several ongoing threads here where people get support, start your own or join one of them.
  • Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 443 Member
    pony4us wrote: »
    Why don't you all just post here instead. The newsfeed is not coming back. Nobody at MFP reads the Community. There are several ongoing threads here where people get support, start your own or join one of them.

Because I had friends who I was interested in their journey, and hopefully vice versa. I can't see how they are doing by reading here and it's not the same with people I haven't known for years. And also, because starting a thread about me feels a bit self-centered. I am not looking to blog.
  • shoshana1961
    shoshana1961 Posts: 6 Member
    Sadly it’s just not the same, so many changes over 9 years, altered beyond belief 😩