Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ July Daily Weigh-in and Logging Challenge๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ

Replies

• Rh1aB1a
    Rh1aB1a Posts: 313 Member
    fell off for a bit, but I'M BACK!!! <3

SW-153.6
    GW-150.0
    UGW-145.0

5. 153.6 <3
    6. 152.4 <3 99 days until my wedding!! I had my first dress fitting the other day and my dress was a smidge too tight, but zipped! Hoping I can lose the last few lbs and give myself some wiggle room. I DO NOT want to have my dress let out, as I'm already $600 deep in alterations.
    7. DNW
    8. 152.4 <3
    9. 152.8 <3 Food has been too good lately. My self control has not been the best. I keep telling myself that I will get back on track "tomorrow" but then I'M HUNGRY! Hoping I can focus soon :s
    10. 151.6 <3 I think my scale is broken lol
    11. 151.0 <3
    12. 150.8 <3
    13. 150.2 <3
    14. DNW
    15. 151.8 <3 Ouch. It was HOT here this weekend and we ordered A LOT of takeout. Pretty much undid all my hard work from the week prior, but here's to a new week!!
    16. DNW
    17. DNW
    18. 152.2 <3 It has been a rough week. I have been eating for comfort. Locking it back in and will hopefully hit my goal this month. I'm sick of the yoyo crap.
    19. 151.8 <3
    20. DNW
    21. 150.0 <3<3
  • cattherien
    cattherien Posts: 321 Member
    I'm Charlene, 59yo, 5'8", married 40 years to Allen, 6 kids, 9 grandkids, work as a caregiver for the elderly.

July goal: 178
    ๐Ÿฅ›= I met my water goal
    โœ๏ธ= I logged all my food
    ๐Ÿง‚= I stayed under my sodium limit
    ๐Ÿงฎ= I stayed under my calorie limit

July 1: 182 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚ ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
    July 2: 180.8 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘
    July 3: 179.1 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ˜€๐ŸŽ‰
    July 4: 179.5 __โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿค
    July 5: 180.4 ๐Ÿฅ› โœ๏ธ __ ๐Ÿค
    July 6: 180.4 __ โœ๏ธ __ ๐ŸŸฐ
    July 7: 181.8 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ˜”
    July 8: 180.8 __โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ˜€
    July 9: 182.2 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ˜”
    July 10: 182.4 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ__๐Ÿ˜ฌ
    July 11: 181.8 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ๐Ÿ˜€
    July 12: 182.0 __โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ
    July 13: 181.5 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ๐Ÿ˜€
    July 14: 182.7 __โœ๏ธ__ __๐Ÿคฆ
    July 15: DNW โœ๏ธ
    July 16: 182.3 โœ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜€
    July 17: 183.8๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜”
    July 18: 181.7 โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ˜€
    July 19: 182.4 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ๐Ÿ˜€
    July 20: 181.7 โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ๐Ÿ˜€
    July 21: 183.4* ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ *new scale

Thanks, everyone, for the encouragement with having to buy a new scale. I needed it. โค๏ธ

After all, it's only an estimate anyway; the accuracy of bathroom scales is debatable; for that matter, so is the one at our doctors' offices. The only way to get fully accurate numbers is by immersion in water. So. I'm just gonna take the hit and move on, and not let it discourage me too much. I'm glad that I wasn't near my goal for the month; I think I wouldn't felt worse about it, had that been the case.

Aside from that, I had fun shopping with all the granddaughters yesterday. And I got to see the little one one who is going into kindergarten, we took a walk to a garage sale in the neighborhood, and then went shopping. Oof, the price of clothes these days! Even for kids! Yikes.
  • andreajlnhe
    andreajlnhe Posts: 249 Member
    Hi Everyone,

I know it's past the start of the month, but I really need to jump in and join you all for the rest of July!

I was in this group from September last year until I reached my goal weight range. I hovered around my goal weight for several months, and it was lovely. I was able to maintain without logging for a good long while, although I always weigh daily. Lately we've had many celebrations, outings, etc, and my appetite has become huge. My weight has been steadily climbing up up up! I need daily accountability again.

My original goal weight that I hovered around was 124-125. For a little while I was a little under that, and I really liked it. So this time I'm going to bump my goal weight a few pounds down, to 121. Maybe my goal range will be about 120-123 or so.

I looked at some of your posts, and for those of you who were in the group when I was here last-- I am noticing that your numbers seem a whole lot lower than when I was here before! Congratulations on your losses.

My height is about 5'2"
    Starting weight July 8: 128.6 lbs
    Goal weight for July: 125.6 lbs
    Ultimate goal weight: 121 lbs

๐Ÿ–= I logged!
    * = Weight taken while traveling

July 8: 128.6 ๐Ÿ–
    July 9: 126.4 ๐Ÿ–
    July 10: 124.6 ๐Ÿ– It is not unusual for my body to have big variances like this when I start paying better attention to what I'm eating... The last two days I ate quite a bit more than I was eating several months ago, but a less than in recent weeks... My weight may flop around for a while and then settle out somewhere.
    July 11: 125.6 ๐Ÿ–
    July 12: 125.6 ๐Ÿ–
    July 13: *125.6 I've logged 5 days in a row, which is great. For me, that's most of the battle. But I haven't once met my calorie goal. I keep going over by at least a couple hundred calories. And my calorie goal is generous. So that's the next thing to work on.
    July 14: *125.8
    July 15: *125.6
    July 16: *125.2
    July 17: *125.8
    July 18: *126.8
    July 19: *127.2
    July 20: DNW
    July 21: 128.6 We are back home. Whoa! Exercising and logging starts today!
    July 22:
    July 23:
    July 24:
    July 25:
    July 26:
    July 27:
    July 28:
    July 29:
    July 30:
    July 31:
  • sweetbea2012
    sweetbea2012 Posts: 12 Member
    I just found this community challenge so hopefully I'm doing this correctly. Hoping this July challenge will help motivate me to stay on track. I'm age 58 and 5'10".

July 10th - 226.4. 10028 steps ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฅ—
    July 11th - 226.0. 3908 steps
    July 12th - 227.2 3802 steps
    July 13th - 226.4 13324 steps ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ•๐Ÿง
    July 14th - 225.8. 7097 steps - 19 miles ๐Ÿšดโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿšค๐Ÿน๐Ÿง
    July 15th - 225.8. 1910 steps
    July 16th - 2279 steps ๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿ•
    July 17th - 9330 steps ๐Ÿ‘ฏโ€โ™€๏ธ
    July 18th - 6851 steps ๐ŸŒโ€โ™€๏ธ
    July 19th - 227.5. 10162 steps ๐ŸŽจ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿป
    July 20th - 227.0. 6247 steps ๐ŸŽช time to get on track!
    July 21st -
    July 22nd -
    July 23rd -
    July 24th -
    July 25th -
    July 26th -
    July 27th -
    July 28th -
    July 29th -
    July 30th -
    July 31st -

• cinw1501
    cinw1501 Posts: 73 Member
    edited July 21
    Hi,
    I'm Cindy. I'm 50, 5'4" and 163 as of this morning. I have fought with the same 10lbs for the last year.
    So my doctor wants to put me on Wegovy or Zepbound. Between the cost and doing a little research, I don't think its a great solution. Looks like it might be a rest of life commitment. No thank you!

So today (7/3) I joined a gym. I haven't been to a gym in probably 15 years and that was Curves. I loved Curves, I wish there was one my my area.

I see my doctor again at the end of August, so I want to loose at least 10 lbs by then to prove I can do it without meds. My ultimate goal is 135 lbs.

7/1: 164.2
    7/2: 163.2 :)
    7/3: 163 :)
    7/4: 162.4 :) - Today will be my first day at the gym. Hopefully they are open.
    7/5 162.8 :/ Went to the gym yesterday. Cycled for 35 min. Ate too much bread yesterday. It's ok today is a new day!
    7/6 162.6 :) - Cleaned the house yesterday for my daughter's graduation party. Lots of mopping, etc. That helped with the small loss. Unfortunately, no time for the gym.
    7/7 163.2 :( - Grad party yesterday, didn't really pay attention to what I ate and no time to exercise with the last minute preparations. Will jump on the treadmill today if I end up not going to the gym.
    7/8 162.6 :) - Didn't go to the gym yesterday, but did jump on the treadmill. So glad I did. Signed up for a class this afternoon at the gym.
    7/9 162.4 :) - The trainer called in sick yesterday, so there was no class. :( I jumped on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Hopefully he is there today to teach the upper body class. I really want to know how to use the machines and when to use them.
    7/10 162.6 :( - The trainer called in sick again yesterday, so did more cycling for 35 min. Did 7 miles! Oh and the stair climber for 5 mins. That thing is hard. Today the trainer was there and he did a core class. I was pathetic, but have to start somewhere. Pretty sure my back and arms are going to hurt tomorrow. Also, did 25 mins on the treadmill.
    7/11 162.4 :) - Why only .2? This is making me crazy. I guess I only loose and gain in .2 increments. Went to the gym again today. Walked on the treadmill for 1 hour. I will be over 10,000 steps for the day. I'm hoping to break the .2 cycle. We shall see in the morning. I have to be mindful of what I eat this weekend. That is usually when I gain it all back. I can do this!
    7/12 162 :) - Finally! I broke the .2 trend! Did legs and treadmill at the gym today. I hopefully I can stay on track this weekend. Probably won't go to the gym this weekend. I made my goal of 5 days this week!
    7/13 161.8 :) - There is that .2 again, but at least its a loss. Made decent choice for dinner last night. I fought the urge for fatty food at one of my favorite places to eat and went with a salad. Glad I did. I worked hard all week going to the gym, and I don't want to undo it. So, hopefully I can keep that in the back of mind through the weekend.
    7/14 162.4 :( - Ugh! I'm pretty sure it was the late dinner of sushi with soy sauce. I am hoping its just all the sodium. I was under calories, but way over on sodium and ate dinner after 9 pm. Time got away from me yesterday. Will drink lots of water today.
    7/15 162 :) - Not what I was hoping for, but down half a pound for the week. Maybe my body is confused that I worked out last week. I stayed pretty active yesterday trying not to couch surf too much.
    I managed to get my steps in just doing stuff around the house. Gym goal for this week is the same 5 days. I can do it!
    7/16 162 :neutral: - Worked out for 1hr 15 min and stayed within my calories yesterday. 10K steps. No change in weight. Very discouraging. I got this! I'm trying to stay positive.
    7/17 162 :neutral: - Same again. Did upper body yesterday and cardio I think it was about 30 minutes weights and 50 minutes cardio. Did core today with an hour of cardio (bike and treadmill). I ate 1 and half pieces of pizza for dinner tonight and I don't regret it. I have been sticking to calories, but not loosing.
    7/18 160.8 :smiley: - Finally! The scale moved! So my take away from this - eat pizza! Just kidding. Maybe I was drinking tooo much water? Its a mystery as to why the scale didn't move. Maybe my body said OK we are exercising now? Maybe its the hour of cardio?
    7/19 160.4 :smiley: - Another loss! Legs and a hour of cardio yesterday after work.
    7/20 161 :( - Did a hour of cardio after work yesterday. No weights didn't have time. Ate bad for dinner, but still under calories. The gain was probably the salt. Today is another day.
    7/21 160.6 :) - I'm proud of myself. We went to my Brother in law's bday party last night. My mother in law always has a snack table, and I typically sit down there. Last night I didn't sit down and stayed standing. I only took two or three pieces of the cheese and avoided everything else. Ate steak and a salad instead of a burger and only had a spoon full of potato salad. Oh and I didn't eat cake. I took one small bite of my husband's. It's nice to see I lost a little. Back to gym today. Took yesterday off and won't get to go tomorrow, so decided to go later today.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,777 Member
    This morning before DD and DGS woke up I was really thinking about what has been going on this year in my โ€œdietโ€ life and plan. I really realized how much my renovations have stood in the way of my old habits. I have had a lot of renovations in the past couple of years but they always stop before Thanksgiving and the break lasts through January (so I can undecorate Christmas). I actually did better during that down time last year even with the holidays than I have done since (during the renos). I realized that I am just not cooking like I did before. Much more processed food in my diet. Much more sodium. I usually skip breakfast for IF. Lunch has mainly been a quick sandwich (on low carb bread with fresh avocado instead of mayo), dinner is usually something frozen or very processed and quick. While it often technically fits into my macros I know that it is standing in the way. Most of you who know me know that I am not a veggie eater or a fruit eater as I do have some eating disorders in regards to those. But honestly, Iโ€™m just too drained by the time the crew leaves every day to cook what I can eat. And itโ€™s difficult to cook for one to begin with. There is also not much pleasure in sitting down and eating alone most of the time so dinner is just eaten to quickly satisfy my hunger. It is already challenging enough trying to watch my sugars (Iโ€™m diabetic), keep my meals heart-healthy (prior heart attack and stent), and to watch my calories and carbs. I just donโ€™t have the answers because I still have months of renovations ahead of me. Weekends are tough to batch cook because of my DD and DGS being here. And I am often so busy already just trying to clean up the house after the men, catch up on laundry, do my shopping, make my visits to my friends/family because I canโ€™t leave during the week etc. I run ragged on the weekends already and am often babysitting on top of it all. Sorry for another long post but any ideas are appreciated. If I find the time today, I may try to look for simple and easy recipes that wonโ€™t completely drain me. I made scrambled eggs the other day and it felt like I was cooking a 7 course meal for King Charles. It is so bad that I am even taking prenatal vitamins as advised by my doctor. I must say that I was dancing and exercising more often in the house in the years past, but now there is no room. I mean, my king size bed is still in the living room and my bedroom furniture is parked all over the house. I am seriously lacking space and most of the day I canโ€™t leave for walks. I do get a little time on my exercise bike when Iโ€™m not too exhausted. Help, my friends! I donโ€™t see that there are any answers but maybe someone out there will think of something I havenโ€™t.
  • deepwoodslady
    edited July 21
    weight.png

My name is Donna. I am 5โ€™ 5โ€ tall, 64 years old and from Michigan USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250โ€™s; 240โ€™s; 230โ€™s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180โ€™s; 170's; 160's; 150โ€™s

This Challenge Starting Weight (from June 30th): 187.0
    Goal: 183.0 (Four lb Loss)
    Actual Ending Weight: xxxxx
    Total Lost/Gained this month: xxxxx

**********************ONE DAY, ONE STEP, ONE DECISION AT A TIME********************

FIRST HALF OF THE MONTH

Weight in blue makes me blue because itโ€™s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because itโ€™s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

07/01-187.0-(Trend Weight 186.6)-

07/02-185.4-(Trend Weight 186.3)-

07/03-185.4-(Trend Weight 186.3)-

07/04-186.2-(Trend Weight 186.5)-

07/05-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

07/06-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

07/07-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

07/08-189.2-(Trend Weight 187.2)-

07/09-189.0-(Trend Weight 187.6)-

07/10-189.2-(Trend Weight 188.0)-

07/11-187.8-(Trend Weight 188.4)-

07/12-DNW-(Trend WeightDNW)-

07/13-189.0-(Trend Weight 188.4)-

07/14-189.4-(Trend Weight 188.6)-

07/15-189.4-(Trend Weight 188.6)-

SECOND HALF OF THE MONTH

07/16-188.8-(Trend Weight 189.0)-

07/17-187.0-(Trend Weight 188.8)-

07/18-188.6-(Trend Weight 188.8)-

07/19-188.0-(Trend Weight 188.7)-

07/20-186.2-(Trend Weight 188.4)- A nice little drop today which has made me wake up incredibly hungry. Today will likely be a battle, especially since my Foodie DD and DGS are here again. Yesterday she worked all day and then they were invited somewhere for dinner so that really helped me stick to my macros. Today I am not sure of their plans yet but with this hunger, I hope they will leave for the day so I will not have so much temptation. This is part of the โ€œbackbone and not wishboneโ€ that I was talking about the other day, I suppose. My macros have been consistently showing that I am way over on my sodium levels. Mainly because of cottage cheese (or other low carb cheeses). It also really hurts when I eat anything processed, like lunch meat for a sandwich or breakfast meat of any kind with my eggs. Of course, as a diabetic I have to watch my sugars too. When my sodium is a bit lower, my sugars tend to show higher grams. Gosh its tough to balance all the macros and the sodium and sugars too all while counting both calories and carbs. Its like a full time job! I have a few go-to meals that work wonderfully but if I overdo them I end up in a boredom binge to defy ever having to eat them again! The battle is ON today. 1. Stay away from daughter. 2. Prelog and stick to eating plan. 3. Get in some exercise. 4. Watch my macros. 5. Watch EVERY stat but especially the salt and sugar for health reasons. 6. Stay creative. Wednesday is my stress test for my heart. Itโ€™s been almost 2 yrs since my last one. Last time they ended up placing a stent in the heart. I want to stay extra good on my plan between now and Wednesday.

07/21-188.0-(Trend Weight 188.5)- Back up after a nice lunch out while shopping yesterday (out-of-town). Too many snacks last night on top of it all. Another quick-grab day that did not serve me.

07/22-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/23-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/24-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/25-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/26-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/28-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/29-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,899 Member
    Hi, I'm Jill! <3
    I'm 54 and have been married 28 years. I have 2 children-- a son who is 23 and a daughter who is 19. I work full-time selling new construction homes, and I absolutely love it! Yardwork is also one of my favorite things to do...from grass cutting to weed wacking...if I can be outside, I will be playing in the yard.

This is the month that Iโ€™ll get below 210 pounds. I can feel it!

July 1: 210.5 ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
    July 2: 210.2๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
    July 3: 210.4
    July 4: 209.8 ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
    July 5: 211.1 Iโ€™m not surprised after having friends over for the 4th, but I wonโ€™t let this derail me. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    July 6: 210.9โ€ฆ going for a swim before work.
    July 7: 211.8โ€ฆ time for some tiny tweaks. More veggies as snacksโ€ฆ Iโ€™ve been logging, but since the 4th Iโ€™ve been going over calories. Today is about tiny tweaks. Happy Sunday! Off to work!
    July 8: 212โ€ฆ went out to dinner last night with my family and went over calories. Today is a new day! Happy Monday. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    July 9: 211 ๐ŸŽ‰
    July 10: 210.8๐ŸŽ‰
    July 11: 209.8 ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
    July 12: 210 ๐ŸŽ‰
    July 13: 210๐ŸŽ‰
    July 14: 209.8๐ŸŽ‰
    July 15: 208.4 ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŽ‰
    July 16: 210.1โ€ฆ๐Ÿ˜ณโ€ฆ was feeling anxious last night and gave into stress snacking. A minor setback. Brushing off the dust from my fall and getting back up.
    July 17: 208.8 ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
    July 18: 208.6๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
    July 19: 209.2๐ŸŽ‰
    July 20: 209๐ŸŽ‰
    July 21: dnw

Jill๐Ÿฅฐ
  • koeitjiesa
    koeitjiesa Posts: 353 Member
    I'm back for July.

July weigh in

Start weight 84.4kg
    Goal weight 80kg

1 - 84.4kg
    2 - 84.2kg
    3 - 84kg
    4 - 84kg
    5 - 83.8kg
    6 - 83.6kg
    7 - 84.3kg
    8 - 84.1kg
    9 - 83.6kg
    10 - 84.0kg
    11 - 84.0kg
    12 - 83.6kg
    13 - 83.3kg
    14 - 83.1kg
    15 - 83.3kg
    16 - 83.1kg
    17 - 83.1kg
    18 - 83.2kg
    19 - 82.9kg
    20 - 82.5kg
    21 - 82.6kg
    22 - 82.4kg
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited July 22
    Hello I'm Darlene. Retired, 63-year-old. Married (Greg), one adult daughter (Allyson), and one goldendoodle (Monty), back for another month with this supportive group. I have been on this weight loss journey since January 2023, and with this group since April 2023. I have lost 83 pounds since the beginning of my journey and working on my last 10 pounds to goal (may change that when I get there). Happy to be back for another month.

Starting Weight 228

SW Dec: 228 | Jan: 217 | Feb: 212 | Mar: 207.6 | Apr 200.2 | May 194.8 | Jun: 189.6 | Jul: 187.4 | Aug: 179.8 | Sept: 174.2 | Oct: 169.6 | Nov 164.6 | Dec 164 | Jan 159.8 | Feb 156.8 | Mar 152.8 | Apr 151.6 | May 149.6 | June 145

Ending Weight in June: 145

๐Ÿ‘ฃ Average 8 k Steps per day
    ๐Ÿ“ Log Daily
    ๐Ÿฅ— Stay under my calorie range
    ๐Ÿ’ช Strength Train 3 days per week
    ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ Follow Doctor's orders and do PT stretching 3 days per week
    ๐Ÿซ€ Cardio 3 days per week
    ๐Ÿ’ฆ 8+ glasses of water
    ๐Ÿง‚Stay under sodium goal
    โš–๏ธ Lose 2% of body weight - Stretch Goal 4 pounds

Each month I write a reflection on how the prior month went - here is mine from June if you want to read it:
    June Reflection

June was a great month for weight loss, a slowdown in exercise!

I lost 4.6 pounds this month โ€“ even beat my stretch goal! Down 83 pounds from the start of my journey. Even with a trip to Hawaii during the month. I have five pounds to go to get my BMI to the ideal range, and 10 pounds to go to my goal. When I get there, we shall see what I do โ€“ I might just go a tiny bit further to say that I hit the 100-pound mark. That would be another 17 pounds from today.

I reached the 1,350-mile marker on my quest to walk 2,024 miles in 2024, logging 135 miles in June โ€“ my least number of miles since I started this journey in January 2023. My injury last month turned out to be a meniscus tear and have had to slow down. I got a cortisone shot and feel a little better โ€“ but decreased my step goal from 17,000 steps a day to 8,000. Iโ€™m thinking I can move up to 10,000 in July. Although I have slowed down, I am still in the purple (that means I will make it) range. So far have averaged 7.45 miles per day. This tracker is all miles walked โ€“ not just intentional. I am also tracking my intentional miles, just to see how I do. To date I have tracked 982.05 intentional miles. This puts me at 48% complete โ€“ just below the 50% mark.

I did an experiment with Nutrisystem food in June. I order two weeks of food. Hereโ€™s what I found out:

1. It works - I got over my plateau and continued to lose - lost almost 5 pounds in two weeks. ๐Ÿ˜
    2. It was super easy to follow ๐Ÿ˜ but, had we had to cook two meals daily - one for me, one for Greg. โ˜น๏ธ
    3. The food was edible - not fantastic, not gross ๐Ÿ˜
    4. I did not meet my protein goal most days โ˜น๏ธ, but met carb, fat, sodium and fiber goals almost every day ๐Ÿ˜.
    5. Most days the calories were about 1,350 - ranging from a little under 1,200 to 1,600. I wasn't hungry. ๐Ÿ˜
    6. I usually eat 5 fruits/veggies a day - but switched to 4 veggies one fruit on Nutrisystem. ๐Ÿ˜
    7. It's doable as a quick fix, I couldn't do it long term. ๐Ÿ˜
    8. Overall - I am extremely happy with the weight loss. So overall score! ๐Ÿ˜
    9. ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿณ I like to cook!
    We took a trip to Hawaii midway through the month. Overall, I am very happy with my dedication on the trip. We did not have access to the fitness center โ€“ so my exercise consisted of swimming and walking. I logged everything I ate and drank to the best of my ability. I was over my calorie goal and more importantly my sodium goal every day, but not by huge numbers. I ate breakfast every day, and many lunches as well. I limited my alcohol. Only one day of two drinks, and many with none. I ate only half of my dinner entre โ€“ boxing up the rest for breakfast or Gregโ€™s snacks for the future. I gained weight, but within the week home lost it all.

Looking at my June goals, I did well โ€“ except never finished The Burning Page. I just couldnโ€™t through it. Will try to find something fun to read for July!

My July Goals

โ€ข Lose 4 pounds (always my goal), but be happy with a 2% loss for the month
    โ€ข Alternate days of Cardio and Strength Training
    โ€ข Follow Doctorโ€™s orders โ€“ go to Physical Therapy
    โ€ข Average 10K Steps per day

By Before and After for June

0q6pwg9zfw9o.png

โ˜€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Ž Happy July๐Ÿ˜Ž โ˜€๏ธ

June 30: 145
    July 07: 144.3
    July 14: 144.4
    July 21: 144.2

Prior Weeks Data
    July 1 144.3 ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ME! Happy with the weight loss. I'm sick. Head stuff, ears clogged. Hoping it doesn't last long. I did manage to get my monthly budget completed yesterday. June was a disasterous month - have to curb our spending for the next few months to make up for our trip to Hawaii!

July 2 145.2 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ME! Have to lower my step goal. Had doctor appointment yesterday - no walking for two weeks. Knee isn't healing like it should. Probably over did it in Hawaii. Looks like seated cardio - or get my butt to the lake for a swim instead of walking. But I just love my morning walks with Monty. Still feeling crummy - sore throat, stuffy ears. Also feeling sorry for myself - had little binge yesterday and was over my calorie limit - not by a lot - but over.

July 3 144.5 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ME! Just a small cardio workout yesterday. Spent the day cleaning the house. We have been focusing on the outside and the garden that I neglected the inside. It felt great to get it done. I love a clean house. Going to the doctor today for this sinus thing I have. I can't hear at all out of one ear, and now I have pink eye in both eyes! Guess it's time for some meds.

July 4 144.3 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ME! Went to the doctor, it's not pink eye, just a reaction from the sinus and ear infection. On antibiotics. Hoping it clears soon. I found some good seated cardio workouts on Paul Eugene's youtube channel that were kind of fun and felt like I was still exercising. I was over my sodium limit yesterday - might see a jump tomorrow - it ususally shows up two days later.

July 5 144.8 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ME! What I expected - I used every bit of my calories. Quiet 4th of July - Jill gave me the incentive to power wash - So got it out and did the front walkway. Fun! Got in two seated cardio workouts - counted one as my walk workout, the other as my cardio workout. Got my step goal completed - seated of course. Feeling a little better today - at least I could hear my hearing aid start up. To be honest, I was kind of scared that the ear infection will lead to more hearing loss. I am very hard of hearing already, it is really hard to live in a world and only hear half of what is said. The constant "what was that", is really frustrating for both me and others. People just don't get hearing loss - they roll their eyes like I am an annoyance when I ask them to repeat. Many times I just pretend I hear so I don't have to see it. The fact that I could hear the hearing aid start up to day was reassuring.

July 6: 143.9 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ME! Got it all done yesterday. Finally got a good night sleep! Yesterday was a raining yucky day, so hubby couldn't work outside. I bought these rope lights for our screen porch eons ago - he finally got them put up. So happy with how they look. We are a little short, but they are ententable so have to order another small section to finish it. But my favorite relaxing spot is looking pretty good.

July 7: 144.3 ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ME! My typical Sunday uptick. I weigh in for my team challenge on Saturday. Nine times out of ten I am up on Sunday. The weigh in, on top of a weekend, and I self sabatoge. I ate every bit of my exercise calories yesterday - leaving only 98 calories on the table. I know that this doesn't work for me. But I seem to do it every week. Why do I treat Saturday like a weekend? I'm retired every day is a weekend. Old habits die hard I guess. The good thing is that it is temporary. Baby steps!

July 8: 144.1 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚Happy Monday everyone. Got it all done. Feeling a little better. I was thinking I would have to miss another week of Bingo with Mom. Our vacation, on top of the illness, means I haven't seen her in three weeks. But I am planning on going tonight. I am finding quite a few good seated workouts on youtube, but I have to admit I am getting tired of walking in my chair. It took of the "Me"time from my goals - it is just a given. I actually should change it to less "me" time! LOL!

July 9: 144 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ Didn't end up going to bingo with Mom, as the day progressed so did my feeling crummy. Another day of eating all my exercise calories - left just 30 calories on the table. Went to PT, another week of no walking (for now). A couple of new stretches to add to my routine.

July 10: 144.2 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ Feeling a little better, but another day of eating all my calories and over my sodium goal. I need to get it together I know that it doesn't work for me.

July 11: 144.1 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿฆต ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ A good day yesterday, feeling much better. Got everything done. Did a little cleaning of the house - relaxed. A nice day. Now that I am feeling better we are going to go out on the boat today. Should be fun, it's been a while.

July 12: 144.3 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ Frustrating day yesterday. Got motivated in the afternoon to make a stir fry dinner with the leftover rotisserie chicken we had. Cut up these beautiful rainbow of veggies and set aside for later. When I went to cook, the range circuit board must have fried - none of the buttons worked. Researched how to fix, found a youtube video but after pulling out the stove (cleaning the fuzzy slimey gunk from underneath), and doing what they said - still no luck. By the time the repair man could come out, research what was wrong - and then possibly fix we thought it would just be better to get a new one. Researched where we could find a new range in stock - most said delivery in a week. I cannot be without a range for a week. We finally found one and will go pick it up today - but needless to say my takeout Subway (which I wasn't anticipating) dinner was loaded with sodium. On the bright side - dinner prep is done for tonight!

July 13: 144.4 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿฆต ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ Probably still related to yesterday's salt issue. I had a good diet day. Frustrating experience with the range. But we finally got it and I used it last night to make my rainbow stir fry. I just took my last dose of antibiotics - I'm hoping that with a good day of eating today, and no more meds that I will see a swish tomorrow!

July 14: 144.4 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚Good day diet wise, under calories, used only half of exericise calories (that is what usually works for me) and sodium level was good. I expected a loss today - hopefully it will show up tomorrow. Going for our monthly visit to Greg's cousin for the day. Will be sitting most of the day, but will get a short workout in when I get home.

July 15: 144.2 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿฆต ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ Very happy that I got in my steps and execise goals in as I was away all day, and on my bottom most of the day. Nice visit with Greg's cousin (she is 91). She loves our visits - I think it is more about Monty than us - but am happy to see her smile. A saltier day, but still under my range. Tonight is Bingo with mom, hope I can resist the junk food on the table!

July 16: 144.4 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฆต ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ My two weeks of rest are up - so got my first walk in! Woo Hoo. It was so wonderful to get out there. I'm starting out slow and small - a 1.5 mile walk at one of our favorites - Haddam Meadow State Park. I love it for many reasons, it's flat, beautiful scenary, Monty can be off leash, and it has bathroom facilities (LOL). It took me a long time to finish this 1.5 miles, - probably all the pictures and not me following doctors orders! I'll still continue with the non-weight bearing cardio routines, and no deep lunges or deep squats with the strength routines. I think I need to do a change in my diet, things are not moving and when they do it seems to be going in the wrong direction.

July 17: 144.4 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿฆต ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ So far July has been a bit of a let down. Hoping to end the month stronger that the first half!

July 18: 144.2 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ I have a follow-up appointment for my knee this morning - eager to see what will happen next. Still have some pain - the PT says it is related to the bursae. From what I read on the internet - just rest and pain relievers. I don't really want to take any more NSAIDs and I think the walks actually seem to help not hurt - so hope she doesn't put me back to no walks!

July 19: 144 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฆต ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ My follow-up appointment went well; go another cortizone shot - this time in the bursae area - feeling fabulous already. She gave the go ahead to resume all activities - so got them all done. I did feel a little twinge on certain twisting aerobic moves so I avoided those. Have PT this morning, and then today is supposed to be a beutiful day - going to hit the lake - go out on the boat and for a swim.

July 20: 144.2 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚Over my calories yesterday - first time in a long time. I was already close to my calorie goal when I went to bed, BUT got up in the middle of the night and ate - putting me over the top. Just 125 calories - but over.

July 21: DNW ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฆต ๐ŸŠโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆDid not weigh today, really didn't want to know. I was off the rails yesterday. Got all my exercise in, even added a swim. But snacking while watching a movie, over my calorie range, over my sodium goal, and another snack attack while I had my insomnia problem again last night and I just didn't want to see it. I'm thinking of not looking until Wednesday, that's how bad it was! I did log everything though!

Week Four

๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฆต ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚

July 22: 144.2 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚I know I said I was going to wait until Wed, but realized that it was the end of the week and I needed to post my weekly number. I was pleasantly surprise as it was down .2 from last week - but my haven't hit my lowwest weight this month 143.9 (way back at the beginning of the month). I know I can't use all my exercise calories - it doesn't work for me. I haven't been following that rule. My new goal is to only use 25%, and shoot for none. I am determined to get to my goal weight this year.
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 4,643 Member
    @deepwoodslady I am always in awe at how well you do with all that is going on in your house. I know that it would be extremely difficult for me. I am still pondering on how to help (I'll keep thinking)- but the first thing that came to my mind was a meal service? There are so many of them out there today - I tried many while I was working - made life easier for me to get food on the table without thinking. Some like Hello Fresh (my favorite) you have to cook - but all the ingrediants are there. Blue Apron tasted wonderful, but many were complex, Dinnerly was the easiest to prepare, minimal chopping. I haven't tried the totally prepared ones - but hungryroot, everyplate have options. They may seem expensive, but when you include the fact that there is no waste, might be close to what you are spending as a single lady. As for me, I usually have a few options that I have every day for breakfast and lunch - makes the temptations less - and then just have to worry about what is for dinner, and I know what calorie range to shoot for every day.
  • cattherien
    @deepwoodslady the only thing I can think of is that it sounds like you're emotionally eating; a variance between exhaustion, stress, boredom, and cabin fever. It definitely sounds like all the calls you're juggling in life right now equals a significant amount of stress.

I was wondering in doing a combination of online mental health cognitive behavioral therapy like Betterhelp dot Com, and some relaxation techniques would help?

Or if you don't want to/can't afford to do online CBT therapy, there's some wonderful self-paced video courses at Boundaries dot Me. I've done some of their courses and they're very, very good. And the price isn't expensive to get access to all of their self help courses library.

You could also try daily journaling, if you don't do that already. It's very cathartic, too. It's exactly like a preteen 'Dear Diary' and can be just as corny as you imagine, doodles and all. But it also works, in conjunction with cognitive behavioral therapy and/or the self-paced videos, to manage stress.

I also like combining @iLive2Walk 's idea of doing a meal service. My oldest son and his wife use Tovala.
  • cattherien
    I'm Charlene, 59yo, 5'8", married 40 years to Allen, 6 kids, 9 grandkids, work as a caregiver for the elderly.

July goal: 178
    ๐Ÿฅ›= I met my water goal
    โœ๏ธ= I logged all my food
    ๐Ÿง‚= I stayed under my sodium limit
    ๐Ÿงฎ= I stayed under my calorie limit

July 1: 182 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚ ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
    July 2: 180.8 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘
    July 3: 179.1 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ˜€๐ŸŽ‰
    July 4: 179.5 __โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿค
    July 5: 180.4 ๐Ÿฅ› โœ๏ธ __ ๐Ÿค
    July 6: 180.4 __ โœ๏ธ __ ๐ŸŸฐ
    July 7: 181.8 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ˜”
    July 8: 180.8 __โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ˜€
    July 9: 182.2 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ˜”
    July 10: 182.4 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ__๐Ÿ˜ฌ
    July 11: 181.8 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ๐Ÿ˜€
    July 12: 182.0 __โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ
    July 13: 181.5 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ๐Ÿ˜€
    July 14: 182.7 __โœ๏ธ__ __๐Ÿคฆ
    July 15: DNW โœ๏ธ
    July 16: 182.3 โœ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜€
    July 17: 183.8๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜”
    July 18: 181.7 โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ˜€
    July 19: 182.4 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ๐Ÿ˜€
    July 20: 181.7 โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ๐Ÿ˜€
    July 21: 183.4* ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ *new scale
    July 22: 183.2 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚

Went over my calories yesterday because where I thought I was wasn't where I actually was, and my dinner portion put me over. My hubby's on vacation and while I love having him around, it does make meal planning a bit more tricky because we're often on the go. I did make a healthy Chinese stir fry last night but it was last minute.

This coming Friday our youngest son and grandkids who live 2 states away will come for a family barbecue on Saturday. Most of the kids and grandkids will be here. But it means a lot of picnic food and a lot of bring on my feet until the PF in my left foot is too much, then sitting for the rest of the day.
  • lifechanges2day
    lifechanges2day Posts: 536 Member

Hi my name is Kathy 55yr 5'5"
    From NY finger lakes region

SW: 2/04/24: 191.4lb
    UGW: 9/08/24: 145lb
    March 01: 184.9lb
    W: 3/31: 177.0lb
    W: 4/30: 171.9lb
    W: 5/31: 165.7lb

Total loss 25.7 lb
    20.7lb to UGW

July Goal 154.0
    7/9: added goal: To button jeans next size down, hanging in my closet.

I am making July's goal with caution. We have multiple parties to attend throughout the month. I had 3 this past week and by making wise choices, sticking to serving sizes, and keeping up my exercise program, I was able to enjoy many deserts and rich foods, and still lose 1.5 lbs. And to my surprise it didn't trigger a binge, this was my first time eating sweets since 1/31/24, I was so nervous with the first bite, but it all worked out ok. This month will be a huge test. I have a good support system in place and am re-training my brain in regards to food. Wish me luck ๐Ÿคž

Sorry for the late start, our Internet has been horrible.

7/1: 158.1 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅณ
    7/2: 158.5 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ˜Š
    7/3: 158.0๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅณ
    7/4: 147.0 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ˜Š
    7/5 160.1 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿคช stupid salty holiday food.
    7/6: 159๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“
    7/7: 156.5๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“
    7/8: 157 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“
    7/9: 159 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“ more salty food yesterday ๐Ÿคช
    7/10: 156.9๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ˜Š
    7/11: 158 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅด
    7/12: 156.7๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ“๐Ÿคช
    7/13: 159.6 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘ ๐Ÿƒ ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅด
    7/14:156.8 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ˜Š
    7/15: 157.4 ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“
    7/16: 158.5๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“
    7/17: 157.2๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“
    7/18: 158๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“
    7/19: 160.4๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“
    7/20: 158.6๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“
    7/21: 157.5๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“
    7/22:159.1๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ“
    I changed my diet 2 weeks ago. Upped my protein, increasing my calories by 244. I am not happy with the scale as a result, HOWEVER... I was able to button and zip my end of month goal pair of jeans. Couldn't do that 10 days ago. I also have more energy and have increased my strength workouts to accommodate the extra calories. So for now I will stay on course and see what happens by months end.....

• sweetbea2012
    sweetbea2012 Posts: 12 Member
    I just found this community challenge so hopefully I'm doing this correctly. Hoping this July challenge will help motivate me to stay on track. I'm age 58 and 5'10".

July 10th - 226.4. 10028 steps ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฅ—
    July 11th - 226.0. 3908 steps
    July 12th - 227.2 3802 steps
    July 13th - 226.4 13324 steps ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ•๐Ÿง
    July 14th - 225.8. 7097 steps - 19 miles ๐Ÿšดโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿšค๐Ÿน๐Ÿง
    July 15th - 225.8. 1910 steps
    July 16th - 2279 steps ๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿ•
    July 17th - 9330 steps ๐Ÿ‘ฏโ€โ™€๏ธ
    July 18th - 6851 steps ๐ŸŒโ€โ™€๏ธ
    July 19th - 227.5. 10162 steps ๐ŸŽจ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿป
    July 20th - 227.0. 6247 steps ๐ŸŽช time to get on track!
    July 21st - 8402 steps
    July 22nd - 226.4
    July 23rd -
    July 24th -
    July 25th -
    July 26th -
    July 27th -
    July 28th -
    July 29th -
    July 30th -
    July 31st -

• andreajlnhe
    andreajlnhe Posts: 249 Member
    Hi Everyone,

I know it's past the start of the month, but I really need to jump in and join you all for the rest of July!

I was in this group from September last year until I reached my goal weight range. I hovered around my goal weight for several months, and it was lovely. I was able to maintain without logging for a good long while, although I always weigh daily. Lately we've had many celebrations, outings, etc, and my appetite has become huge. My weight has been steadily climbing up up up! I need daily accountability again.

My original goal weight that I hovered around was 124-125. For a little while I was a little under that, and I really liked it. So this time I'm going to bump my goal weight a few pounds down, to 121. Maybe my goal range will be about 120-123 or so.

I looked at some of your posts, and for those of you who were in the group when I was here last-- I am noticing that your numbers seem a whole lot lower than when I was here before! Congratulations on your losses.

My height is about 5'2"
    Starting weight July 8: 128.6 lbs
    Goal weight for July: 125.6 lbs
    Ultimate goal weight: 121 lbs

๐Ÿ–= I logged!
    * = Weight taken while traveling

July 8: 128.6 ๐Ÿ–
    July 9: 126.4 ๐Ÿ–
    July 10: 124.6 ๐Ÿ– It is not unusual for my body to have big variances like this when I start paying better attention to what I'm eating... The last two days I ate quite a bit more than I was eating several months ago, but a less than in recent weeks... My weight may flop around for a while and then settle out somewhere.
    July 11: 125.6 ๐Ÿ–
    July 12: 125.6 ๐Ÿ–
    July 13: *125.6 I've logged 5 days in a row, which is great. For me, that's most of the battle. But I haven't once met my calorie goal. I keep going over by at least a couple hundred calories. And my calorie goal is generous. So that's the next thing to work on.
    July 14: *125.8
    July 15: *125.6
    July 16: *125.2
    July 17: *125.8
    July 18: *126.8
    July 19: *127.2
    July 20: DNW
    July 21: 128.6 We are back home. Whoa! Exercising and logging starts today!
    July 22: 127.2 Yesterday I came down with a sickness and was miserable all day. I was unable to exercise or log. I'm a little under the weather today, but much better. I can at least log today.
    July 23:
    July 24:
    July 25:
    July 26:
    July 27:
    July 28:
    July 29:
    July 30:
    July 31:
  • deepwoodslady
    weight.png

My name is Donna. I am 5โ€™ 5โ€ tall, 64 years old and from Michigan USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250โ€™s; 240โ€™s; 230โ€™s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180โ€™s; 170's; 160's; 150โ€™s

This Challenge Starting Weight (from June 30th): 187.0
    Goal: 183.0 (Four lb Loss)
    Actual Ending Weight: xxxxx
    Total Lost/Gained this month: xxxxx

**********************ONE DAY, ONE STEP, ONE DECISION AT A TIME********************

FIRST HALF OF THE MONTH

Weight in blue makes me blue because itโ€™s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because itโ€™s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

07/01-187.0-(Trend Weight 186.6)-

07/02-185.4-(Trend Weight 186.3)-

07/03-185.4-(Trend Weight 186.3)-

07/04-186.2-(Trend Weight 186.5)-

07/05-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

07/06-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

07/07-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

07/08-189.2-(Trend Weight 187.2)-

07/09-189.0-(Trend Weight 187.6)-

07/10-189.2-(Trend Weight 188.0)-

07/11-187.8-(Trend Weight 188.4)-

07/12-DNW-(Trend WeightDNW)-

07/13-189.0-(Trend Weight 188.4)-

07/14-189.4-(Trend Weight 188.6)-

07/15-189.4-(Trend Weight 188.6)-

SECOND HALF OF THE MONTH

07/16-188.8-(Trend Weight 189.0)-

07/17-187.0-(Trend Weight 188.8)-

07/18-188.6-(Trend Weight 188.8)-

07/19-188.0-(Trend Weight 188.7)-

07/20-186.2-(Trend Weight 188.4)-

07/21-188.0-(Trend Weight 188.5)- Back up after a nice lunch out while shopping yesterday (out-of-town). Too many snacks last night on top of it all. Another quick-grab day that did not serve me.

07/22-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)- Yesterday was out-of-control with the snacking. I really paid attention and portion control does seem to be the biggest issue. I continue to eat โ€œapprovedโ€ and healthy foods, but one thing right after another. I donโ€™t need one each of ALL the snacks. Just pick one Donna and be satisfied!!!! I am hungry at meal times but do well at home for my meals. At snack time, itโ€™s nothing short of ridiculous and Iโ€™m usually not even very hungry. Just cravings!!! I mean, Iโ€™m glad I LOVE my healthy choices but why so many, why so much? No wonder Dr. Nowzaradan makes his patients see a psychologist. Too bad we donโ€™t have one within 100 miles of my home. Iโ€™ll just keep reading my health and weight loss books and being thankful for all of you, my support group!

07/23-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/24-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/25-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/26-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/28-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/29-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

• deepwoodslady
    @iLive2Walk I really like the meal idea. I am going to look into some of those options. Especially while the house is being worked on. Everything keeps filling with drywall dust making meal planning more difficult anyway. I don't mind some simple cooking that I don't have to put a lot of thought into. I raised a lot of children and I think maybe I'm burned out too?

@cattherien I love the idea of keeping a diary/journal. $$$ right now are all going into the renovations, but the journaling would be free as well as theraputic. It would also keep my hands a bit busy for awhile. I have so many health and diet books but most of them are in boxes right now. I may try to dig through them and not just find diet "ideas" but some actual information on emotional eating. I've got to have some books on that subject in the mix since I have so many!

Thanks ladies for the excellent ideas. Sometimes the emotions are so high that it is just hard to see the forest for the trees. You've been a great help!
  • ozdeelite
    ozdeelite Posts: 369 Member
    Finally scales went down A bit. Still up a kilo this month though.

July weigh in

Start weight 107.2kg
    Goal weight 106 kg

1. 107.2kg - not again ๐Ÿ˜ฉ โŒ
    2. 107.8kg - oh dear ๐Ÿ’ฉโŒ
    3. 108.1kg - ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉโŒ
    4. 107.7kg - better but still infuriating โŒ
    5. 108.2kg ate fast food last night after work โŒ
    6. 107.3kgโŒ
    7. 107.3kg โŒ
    8. 107.9kg - stuck to calories & exercised โœ…
    9. 107.8kg - stuck to calories โœ…
    10. 107.3kg - gym - stuck to calories โœ…
    11. 106.9kg - over calories โŒ
    12. 107.4 kg - darn it - stuck to calories 1565 โœ…
    13. 107.4kg - slightly over calories 1665 โŒ
    14. 107.5kg - exercised. 1498 calories โœ…
    15. 108kg - right. ๐Ÿ˜ก 1518 calories โœ…
    16. 108.4kg - why? โ‰๏ธ๐Ÿ˜ญ 1781 calories โŒ
    17. 108.5 - 1528 โœ…
    18. 108.4kg - 1518 โœ…
    19. 108.8kg ๐Ÿ˜ญ 2447 - โŒ
    20. 108.7kg - gym 1476 โœ…
    21. 108.8kg - binged on junk 3,058 โŒ
    22. 108.8kg - 1497 โœ… ๐Ÿฉธ
    23. 108.2kg - ๐Ÿฉธ
  • koeitjiesa
    koeitjiesa Posts: 353 Member
    I'm back for July.

July weigh in