🌼🌼 July Daily Weigh-in and Logging Challenge🌼🌼

Options
jm216
jm216 Posts: 3,802 Member
edited June 27 in Challenges
Happy July! We are now in our seventh month of the year, and summer is in full-swing here! 😎 I absolutely love the start of a new, fresh month. Whether you’re just starting with this group, or you’ve been here for a while, we’re so glad you’re here on this journey with us. 🌼🌼

This year we’ve added a year-long challenge as well: ❤️⭐️2024 Weekly weigh-in Challenge⭐️❤️

We thought it would be fun to have a place to go for the entire year as well, so make sure you bookmark both of these threads so you can easily find them.

This year is about you setting your personal goals and how you’d like to achieve them and having friends to cheer you on!

We’re so glad you’re here! 🌼🌼

Jill and the gang 🥰

Replies

• jm216
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jill! <3
    I'm 54 and have been married 28 years. I have 2 children-- a son who is 23 and a daughter who is 19. I work full-time selling new construction homes, and I absolutely love it! Yardwork is also one of my favorite things to do...from grass cutting to weed wacking...if I can be outside, I will be playing in the yard.

I've been on MyFitnessPal for a long time and I have my best successes when I log consistently and weigh in every day. My nemesis is random mindless snacking throughout the day. Logging helps me keep things in check.

I look forward to seeing you all in July!

Jill <3

July 1:

• iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited June 30
    Options
    Hello I'm Darlene. Retired, 63-year-old. Married (Greg), one adult daughter (Allyson), and one goldendoodle (Monty), back for another month with this supportive group. I have been on this weight loss journey since January 2023, and with this group since April 2023. I have lost 83 pounds since the beginning of my journey and working on my last 10 pounds to goal (may change that when I get there). Happy to be back for another month.

Starting Weight 228

SW Dec: 228 | Jan: 217 | Feb: 212 | Mar: 207.6 | Apr 200.2 | May 194.8 | Jun: 189.6 | Jul: 187.4 | Aug: 179.8 | Sept: 174.2 | Oct: 169.6 | Nov 164.6 | Dec 164 | Jan 159.8 | Feb 156.8 | Mar 152.8 | Apr 151.6 | May 149.6 | June 145

Ending Weight in June: 145

👣 Average 10k Steps per day
    📝 Log Daily
    🥗 Stay under my calorie range
    💪 Strength Train 3 days per week
    🧘‍♀️ Follow Doctor's orders and do PT stretching 3 days per week
    🫀 Cardio 3 days per week
    💦 8+ glasses of water
    🧂Stay under sodium goal
    ME! Read, play a game or Me time daily
    ⚖️ Lose 2% of body weight - Stretch Goal 4 pounds

Each month I write a reflection on how the prior month went - here is mine from June if you want to read it:
    June Reflection

June was a great month for weight loss, a slowdown in exercise!

I lost 4.6 pounds this month – even beat my stretch goal! Down 83 pounds from the start of my journey. Even with a trip to Hawaii during the month. I have five pounds to go to get my BMI to the ideal range, and 10 pounds to go to my goal. When I get there, we shall see what I do – I might just go a tiny bit further to say that I hit the 100-pound mark. That would be another 17 pounds from today.

I reached the 1,350-mile marker on my quest to walk 2,024 miles in 2024, logging 135 miles in June – my least number of miles since I started this journey in January 2023. My injury last month turned out to be a meniscus tear and have had to slow down. I got a cortisone shot and feel a little better – but decreased my step goal from 17,000 steps a day to 8,000. I’m thinking I can move up to 10,000 in July. Although I have slowed down, I am still in the purple (that means I will make it) range. So far have averaged 7.45 miles per day. This tracker is all miles walked – not just intentional. I am also tracking my intentional miles, just to see how I do. To date I have tracked 982.05 intentional miles. This puts me at 48% complete – just below the 50% mark.

I did an experiment with Nutrisystem food in June. I order two weeks of food. Here’s what I found out:

1. It works - I got over my plateau and continued to lose - lost almost 5 pounds in two weeks. 😁
    2. It was super easy to follow 😁 but, had we had to cook two meals daily - one for me, one for Greg. ☹️
    3. The food was edible - not fantastic, not gross 😐
    4. I did not meet my protein goal most days ☹️, but met carb, fat, sodium and fiber goals almost every day 😁.
    5. Most days the calories were about 1,350 - ranging from a little under 1,200 to 1,600. I wasn't hungry. 😁
    6. I usually eat 5 fruits/veggies a day - but switched to 4 veggies one fruit on Nutrisystem. 😐
    7. It's doable as a quick fix, I couldn't do it long term. 😐
    8. Overall - I am extremely happy with the weight loss. So overall score! 😁
    9. 👩‍🍳 I like to cook!
    We took a trip to Hawaii midway through the month. Overall, I am very happy with my dedication on the trip. We did not have access to the fitness center – so my exercise consisted of swimming and walking. I logged everything I ate and drank to the best of my ability. I was over my calorie goal and more importantly my sodium goal every day, but not by huge numbers. I ate breakfast every day, and many lunches as well. I limited my alcohol. Only one day of two drinks, and many with none. I ate only half of my dinner entre – boxing up the rest for breakfast or Greg’s snacks for the future. I gained weight, but within the week home lost it all.

Looking at my June goals, I did well – except never finished The Burning Page. I just couldn’t through it. Will try to find something fun to read for July!

My July Goals

• Lose 4 pounds (always my goal), but be happy with a 2% loss for the month
    • Alternate days of Cardio and Strength Training
    • Follow Doctor’s orders – go to Physical Therapy
    • Average 10K Steps per day

By Before and After for June

0q6pwg9zfw9o.png

☀️😎 Happy July😎 ☀️
  • jm216
    Options
    Welcome back Darlene!🥰
  • ozdeelite
    ozdeelite Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hello again. Starting July at the same start weight as June - body decided to gain half a kilo overnight lol 😂 so back at 107.2kg.

Hoping to exercise 4 times this week and attend the gym 2 days. Will try to stick to my calorie limit too.

July weigh in

Start weight 107.2kg
    Goal weight 106 kg

1. 107.2kg - not again 😩