Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

🌼🌼 July Daily Weigh-in and Logging Challenge🌼🌼

Replies

• iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 4,657 Member
    @cattherien I do have a nettie pot - thanks for the reminder - I'll dig it out! 😁
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 862 Member
    πŸŽ‡JulyπŸŽ‡

7/1: 319.6
    7/2: 318.8
    7/3: 319.0 ( salt, more than likely. )
    7/4: 318.6

🎊Happy Fourth peps!🎊 Anyone with pets, make sure you keep them safe inside tonight and feeling secure with those loud bangs sure to go off. You don't want your doggies or kitties running away scared.

I'm praying I don't gain any salt/water weight tonight with the burgers the fam is making. I have to weigh in for a group challenge tomorrow. I don't want to gain. πŸ”πŸ˜Ÿ Might have to squeeze in a workout today just to be on the safe side.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,781 Member
    [quote="cattherien;c-48173088"
    @deepwoodslady So glad for you to see that little whoosh! Extremely proud of you for winning the battle with chocolate. I'm like you with certain things, and it's not that hunger is driving it but really, almost an addiction to flavor or to taste, or to the dopamine release that is caused by the pleasurable flavor. What do you do when your brain is addicted to its own dopamine!?! It's a very difficult war.

[/quote]

@cattherien I absolutely love these insights! BTW, I got your latest letter. Sorry I haven't responded yet. I'm actually waiting for a return call from my dr or his RN. You will hear from me soon. As always, I appreciate the time you take in helping me and so many others!
  • deepwoodslady
    th?id=OIP.WqDVMuZQgl3nVJKUyg8jRQHaE8&pid=Api&P=0&h=520
  • deepwoodslady
    weight.png

My name is Donna. I am 5’ 5” tall, 64 years old and from Michigan USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150’s

This Challenge Starting Weight (from June 30th): 187.0
    Goal: 183.0 (Four lb Loss)
    Actual Ending Weight: xxxxx
    Total Lost/Gained this month: xxxxx

**********************ONE DAY, ONE STEP, ONE DECISION AT A TIME********************

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

07/01-187.0-(Trend Weight 186.6)-

07/02-185.4-(Trend Weight 186.3)-

07/03-185.4-(Trend Weight 186.3)- I am seriously lacking water. I’ll work on that today. Finally not freezing here in Northern Michigan. A nice warm day so far after the morning rain ended. Humidity through the roof.

07/04-186.2-(Trend Weight 186.5)- Oh but that small drop was so short lived. Bright side: Today is another day make some progress. Oh shoot, it’s a pretty big USA food holiday. I guess I’m going to have to put some of my tools to good use and try making good choices today while getting in some deliberate movement too.

β€œNo sitting at the picnic table all day stuffing your face and eyeing the desserts Donna! Make success happen!” Hmmmm…

β€œOh but….”

”Oh but NOTHING! Get it DONE! Don’t you know that there will always be Something standing in your way if you let it?”

Hmmmm… Oh these conversations I have with myself on a daily!

07/05-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/06-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/07-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/08-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/09-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/10-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/11-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/12-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/13-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/14-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/15-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

SECOND HALF OF THE MONTH

07/16-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/17-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/18-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/19-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/20-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/21-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/22-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/23-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/24-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/25-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/26-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/28-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/29-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

07/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
  • cinw1501
    cinw1501 Posts: 73 Member
    Hi,
    I'm Cindy. I'm 50, 5'4" and 163 as of this morning. I have fought with the same 10lbs for the last year.
    So my doctor wants to put me on Wegovy or Zepbound. Between the cost and doing a little research, I don't think its a great solution. Looks like it might be a rest of life commitment. No thank you!

So today I joined a gym. I haven't been to a gym in probably 15 years and that was Curves. I loved Curves, I wish there was one my my area.

I see my doctor again at the end of August, so I want to loose at least 10 lbs by then to prove I can do it without meds. My ultimate goal is 135 lbs.

7/1: 164.2
    7/2: 163.2 :)
    7/3: 163 :) - I went to the gym today! I did 5 miles on the bicycle. It took 35 minuets, but I did it. I tried the elliptical for 3 minutes and thought I was going to die, lol.... that is when I switched to the bicycle. Also, thought I was gonna die, but I did it.
  • ozdeelite
    ozdeelite Posts: 369 Member
    @cattherien thank you for your kind words.

Gained again. Was starving after work and ate chicken and chips then was still hungry and ate a quarter pounder as well as a chocolate muffin. Today I’m really tired so need to rest up.

My goal is to attend the gym tomorrow- I am anxious about going because I’m so fat. I avoid going out in public where possible because I despise my body.

July weigh in

Start weight 107.2kg
    Goal weight 106 kg

1. 107.2kg - not again 😩
    2. 107.8kg - oh dear πŸ’©
    3. 108.1kg - πŸ˜©πŸ˜©πŸ’©
    4. 107.7kg - better but still infuriating
    5. 108.2kg ate fast food last night after work
  • MommieJeannie
    MommieJeannie Posts: 58 Member
    I'm Jen, 40 years old from Florida, married, retired mom with 3 kids, 4 dogs, and chickens.
    Recommitting to weight loss, and just setting a daily track food & steps goal (good or bad) for now. Trying to limit fast food, and up my activity level (have lots of house cleaning to do and yard work to catch up on, now that i'm not sitting in front of a computer for 10+ hours per day...)

SW: 285
    CW (6/30): 251.8

7/1: 250.8 - was very active yesterday, mostly shopping and playing with the kiddies. 4,056 steps & way over calories for today (had fast food for all 3 meals.. yikes) ... will definitely show up on the scale over the next day or two...

7/2: 250 - I'll take it! Did yoga today at the library with our 5 year old. Also did some reading while she was on the playground. I felt a little guilty for not getting more steps in while she played, but it was soo nice. 4,529 steps, and within calories for today. Also NO FAST FOOD today, I didn't cook but had lots of fruit during day and a home-made sandwich

7/3: 248 - Signed daughter up for boxing classes until t-ball/soccer season starts in the fall. And I ended up signing up too because the adult class is right after the kids class 3 times a week so very convenient. Everything hurts! 5,547 steps, over calories (was so hungry after boxing), but no fast food. A good day!

7/4: 245.8 - I really don’t expect these numbers everyday, but am very happy for them for my first few days getting back on track. The only things I can really attribute this big weight loss to is 1. Cutting out the fast food/ huge amounts of sodium which probably led to water retention. I’ve been drinking lots of water since I started so I’m sure that’s helping flush my body. 2. Starting to get active again.
    5,525 steps & I was way over calories and also had beer, so we'll see what tomorrow brings. Also, the 3rd day of no fast food.
  • lifechanges2day
    lifechanges2day Posts: 536 Member

Hi my name is Kathy 55yr 5'5"
    From NY finger lakes region

SW: 2/04/24: 191.4lb
    UGW: 9/08/24: 145lb
    March 01: 184.9lb
    W: 3/31: 177.0lb
    W: 4/30: 171.9lb
    W: 5/31: 165.7lb

Total loss 25.7 lb
    20.7lb to UGW

July Goal 154.0

I am making July's goal with caution. We have multiple parties to attend throughout the month. I had 3 this past week and by making wise choices, sticking to serving sizes, and keeping up my exercise program, I was able to enjoy many deserts and rich foods, and still lose 1.5 lbs. And to my surprise it didn't trigger a binge, this was my first time eating sweets since 1/31/24, I was so nervous with the first bite, but it all worked out ok. This month will be a huge test. I have a good support system in place and am re-training my brain in regards to food. Wish me luck 🀞

Sorry for the late start, our Internet has been horrible.

7/1: 158.1 πŸ’§πŸ₯‘πŸƒπŸ“πŸ₯³
    7/2: 158.5 πŸ’§πŸ₯‘πŸƒπŸ“πŸ˜Š
    7/3: 158.0πŸ’§πŸ₯‘πŸƒπŸ“πŸ₯³
    7/4: 147.0 πŸ’§πŸ₯‘πŸƒπŸ“πŸ˜Š

• koeitjiesa
    koeitjiesa Posts: 353 Member
    I'm back for July.

July weigh in

Start weight 84.4kg
    Goal weight 80kg

1 - 84.4kg
    2 - 84.2kg
    3 - 84kg
    4 - 84kg
    5 - 83.8kg
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,900 Member
    Hi, I'm Jill! <3
    I'm 54 and have been married 28 years. I have 2 children-- a son who is 23 and a daughter who is 19. I work full-time selling new construction homes, and I absolutely love it! Yardwork is also one of my favorite things to do...from grass cutting to weed wacking...if I can be outside, I will be playing in the yard.

This is the month that I’ll get to 200 pounds. I can feel it!

July 1: 210.5 πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰
    July 2: 210.2πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰
    July 3: 210.4
    July 4: 209.8 πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰
    July 5: 211.1 I’m not surprised after having friends over for the 4th, but I won’t let this derail me. πŸ˜‰
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 4,657 Member
    Hello I'm Darlene. Retired, 63-year-old. Married (Greg), one adult daughter (Allyson), and one goldendoodle (Monty), back for another month with this supportive group. I have been on this weight loss journey since January 2023, and with this group since April 2023. I have lost 83 pounds since the beginning of my journey and working on my last 10 pounds to goal (may change that when I get there). Happy to be back for another month.

Starting Weight 228

SW Dec: 228 | Jan: 217 | Feb: 212 | Mar: 207.6 | Apr 200.2 | May 194.8 | Jun: 189.6 | Jul: 187.4 | Aug: 179.8 | Sept: 174.2 | Oct: 169.6 | Nov 164.6 | Dec 164 | Jan 159.8 | Feb 156.8 | Mar 152.8 | Apr 151.6 | May 149.6 | June 145

Ending Weight in June: 145

πŸ‘£ Average 8 k Steps per day
    πŸ“ Log Daily
    πŸ₯— Stay under my calorie range
    πŸ’ͺ Strength Train 3 days per week
    πŸ§˜β€β™€οΈ Follow Doctor's orders and do PT stretching 3 days per week
    πŸ«€ Cardio 3 days per week
    πŸ’¦ 8+ glasses of water
    πŸ§‚Stay under sodium goal
    ME! Read, play a game or Me time daily
    βš–οΈ Lose 2% of body weight - Stretch Goal 4 pounds

Each month I write a reflection on how the prior month went - here is mine from June if you want to read it:
    June Reflection

June was a great month for weight loss, a slowdown in exercise!

I lost 4.6 pounds this month – even beat my stretch goal! Down 83 pounds from the start of my journey. Even with a trip to Hawaii during the month. I have five pounds to go to get my BMI to the ideal range, and 10 pounds to go to my goal. When I get there, we shall see what I do – I might just go a tiny bit further to say that I hit the 100-pound mark. That would be another 17 pounds from today.

I reached the 1,350-mile marker on my quest to walk 2,024 miles in 2024, logging 135 miles in June – my least number of miles since I started this journey in January 2023. My injury last month turned out to be a meniscus tear and have had to slow down. I got a cortisone shot and feel a little better – but decreased my step goal from 17,000 steps a day to 8,000. I’m thinking I can move up to 10,000 in July. Although I have slowed down, I am still in the purple (that means I will make it) range. So far have averaged 7.45 miles per day. This tracker is all miles walked – not just intentional. I am also tracking my intentional miles, just to see how I do. To date I have tracked 982.05 intentional miles. This puts me at 48% complete – just below the 50% mark.

I did an experiment with Nutrisystem food in June. I order two weeks of food. Here’s what I found out:

1. It works - I got over my plateau and continued to lose - lost almost 5 pounds in two weeks. 😁
    2. It was super easy to follow 😁 but, had we had to cook two meals daily - one for me, one for Greg. ☹️
    3. The food was edible - not fantastic, not gross 😐
    4. I did not meet my protein goal most days ☹️, but met carb, fat, sodium and fiber goals almost every day 😁.
    5. Most days the calories were about 1,350 - ranging from a little under 1,200 to 1,600. I wasn't hungry. 😁
    6. I usually eat 5 fruits/veggies a day - but switched to 4 veggies one fruit on Nutrisystem. 😐
    7. It's doable as a quick fix, I couldn't do it long term. 😐
    8. Overall - I am extremely happy with the weight loss. So overall score! 😁
    9. πŸ‘©β€πŸ³ I like to cook!
    We took a trip to Hawaii midway through the month. Overall, I am very happy with my dedication on the trip. We did not have access to the fitness center – so my exercise consisted of swimming and walking. I logged everything I ate and drank to the best of my ability. I was over my calorie goal and more importantly my sodium goal every day, but not by huge numbers. I ate breakfast every day, and many lunches as well. I limited my alcohol. Only one day of two drinks, and many with none. I ate only half of my dinner entre – boxing up the rest for breakfast or Greg’s snacks for the future. I gained weight, but within the week home lost it all.

Looking at my June goals, I did well – except never finished The Burning Page. I just couldn’t through it. Will try to find something fun to read for July!

My July Goals

β€’ Lose 4 pounds (always my goal), but be happy with a 2% loss for the month
    β€’ Alternate days of Cardio and Strength Training
    β€’ Follow Doctor’s orders – go to Physical Therapy
    β€’ Average 10K Steps per day

By Before and After for June

0q6pwg9zfw9o.png

β˜€οΈπŸ˜Ž Happy July😎 β˜€οΈ

πŸ‘£ πŸ“ πŸ₯— πŸ’ͺπŸ§˜β€β™€οΈ πŸ«€ πŸ’¦ πŸ§‚ME!

July 1 144.3 😎 πŸ‘£ πŸ“ πŸ₯— πŸ«€ πŸ’¦ πŸ§‚ME! Happy with the weight loss. I'm sick. Head stuff, ears clogged. Hoping it doesn't last long. I did manage to get my monthly budget completed yesterday. June was a disasterous month - have to curb our spending for the next few months to make up for our trip to Hawaii!

July 2 145.2 πŸ‘£ πŸ“ πŸ’ͺπŸ§˜β€β™€οΈ πŸ’¦ πŸ§‚ME! Have to lower my step goal. Had doctor appointment yesterday - no walking for two weeks. Knee isn't healing like it should. Probably over did it in Hawaii. Looks like seated cardio - or get my butt to the lake for a swim instead of walking. But I just love my morning walks with Monty. Still feeling crummy - sore throat, stuffy ears. Also feeling sorry for myself - had little binge yesterday and was over my calorie limit - not by a lot - but over.

July 3 144.5 πŸ‘£ πŸ“ πŸ₯— πŸ«€ πŸ’¦ πŸ§‚ME! Just a small cardio workout yesterday. Spent the day cleaning the house. We have been focusing on the outside and the garden that I neglected the inside. It felt great to get it done. I love a clean house. Going to the doctor today for this sinus thing I have. I can't hear at all out of one ear, and now I have pink eye in both eyes! Guess it's time for some meds.

July 4 144.3 πŸ‘£ πŸ“ πŸ₯— πŸ’ͺπŸ§˜β€β™€οΈ πŸ«€ πŸ’¦ ME! Went to the doctor, it's not pink eye, just a reaction from the sinus and ear infection. On antibiotics. Hoping it clears soon. I found some good seated cardio workouts on Paul Eugene's youtube channel that were kind of fun and felt like I was still exercising. I was over my sodium limit yesterday - might see a jump tomorrow - it ususally shows up two days later.

July 5 144.8 πŸ‘£ πŸ“ πŸ₯— πŸ«€ πŸ’¦ πŸ§‚ME! What I expected - I used every bit of my calories. Quiet 4th of July - Jill gave me the incentive to power wash - So got it out and did the front walkway. Fun! Got in two seated cardio workouts - counted one as my walk workout, the other as my cardio workout. Got my step goal completed - seated of course. Feeling a little better today - at least I could hear my hearing aid start up. To be honest, I was kind of scared that the ear infection will lead to more hearing loss. I am very hard of hearing already, it is really hard to live in a world and only hear half of what is said. The constant "what was that", is really frustrating for both me and others. People just don't get hearing loss - they roll their eyes like I am an annoyance when I ask them to repeat. Many times I just pretend I hear so I don't have to see it. The fact that I could hear the hearing aid start up to day was reassuring.

• cinw1501
    cinw1501 Posts: 73 Member
    Hi,
    I'm Cindy. I'm 50, 5'4" and 163 as of this morning. I have fought with the same 10lbs for the last year.
    So my doctor wants to put me on Wegovy or Zepbound. Between the cost and doing a little research, I don't think its a great solution. Looks like it might be a rest of life commitment. No thank you!

So today (7/3) I joined a gym. I haven't been to a gym in probably 15 years and that was Curves. I loved Curves, I wish there was one my my area.

I see my doctor again at the end of August, so I want to loose at least 10 lbs by then to prove I can do it without meds. My ultimate goal is 135 lbs.

7/1: 164.2
    7/2: 163.2 :)
    7/3: 163 :)
    7/4: 162.4 :) - Today will be my first day at the gym. Hopefully they are open.
    7/5 162.8 :/ Went to the gym yesterday. Cycled for 35 min. Ate too much bread yesterday. It's ok today is a new day!
  • cattherien
    cattherien Posts: 323 Member
    edited July 5
    I'm Charlene, 59yo, 5'8", married 40 years to Allen, 6 kids, 9 grandkids, work as a caregiver for the elderly.

July goal: 178

July 1: 182 πŸ₯›βœοΈπŸ§‚ 🀦😬
    July 2: 180.8 πŸ₯›βœοΈπŸ§‚πŸ˜€πŸ‘
    July 3: 179.1 πŸ₯›βœοΈπŸ§‚πŸ˜€πŸŽ‰
    July 4: 179.5 __βœοΈπŸ§‚πŸ˜€πŸ€
    July 5: 180.4 πŸ₯› ✍️ __ 🀏

Had a wonderful evening with grands last night. We decided to watch the fireworks from a store parking lot, instead of fighting the crowds on the grass in front of the river. Best fireworks decision ever!! We put our lawn chairs in the back of Allen's truck, and we could see over the other cars. Allen taught Lily how to play cribbage. I bought a little foam frisbee and we threw that around. We played chess and tic-tac-toe on the girls' tablets. We went out to dinner, and then we got snacks for watching the show. The girls ran into some friends while we were there. Overall it was a fantastic experience and we made memories.

I did go over on my calories, and blew out the salt. I had some sugar. So I expect a gain again tomorrow morning, but not excessive. I did log everything.

@deepwoodslady thank you! (And no rush, I'll be here)
  • cattherien
    cattherien Posts: 323 Member
    @iLive2Walk hooray neti pot! I hope that it's helpful for you. I'm sorry to hear about your struggle with the hearing loss. I have a little bit of that as well, and if my hubby is faced away from me, or if there's water noise, peoples' voices sound garbled. I ask Allen regularly to turn up the TV, and turn on captions, or look at me when he's speaking. I often have to ask people to repeat themselves. I get it.
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 862 Member
    edited July 5
    πŸŽ‡JulyπŸŽ‡

7/1: 319.6
    7/2: 318.8
    7/3: 319.0 ( salt, more than likely. )
    7/4: 318.6
    7/5: 318.8
  • deepwoodslady
    edited July 5
    @Rh1aB1a Such beautiful kittens!

@iLive2Walk
    Two quotes come to mind: β€œDon't let what other people think decide who you are.” and one that I learned over the years is true - hoping you can see it earlier than I did "At age 20, we worry about what others think of us. At age 40, we don't care what they think of us. At age 60, we discover that they haven't been thinking of us at all."

Wow! that is Very powerful and Very Very True! I may share this in the future with others. Such insight!