Calorie intake too much

Hi. I'm new to my fitness pal and only started 3 days ago. I am having great difficulty trying to eat the calories required of me.
I have actually gained 400 grams since yesterday. I am getting to the stage that my stomach is hurting trying to include all the calories. Is this normal and will I eventually start losing weight?

Replies

• aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    It really just varies with every individual. Their recommendations aren't necesarrily whats right for you. If it's causing you problems, maybe try to cut back a little. Only a small amount though. I know I initially would gain some when I ate around average calories recommended but after a while I actually started to maintain on it and fluctuate down and up 1 pound. Just play around with it until you find whats working for you. Just don't cut back too much cause you don't want to just slow down your metabolism.
  • How many calories is it telling you to eat? Is there a chance you put in your weight/goal wrong?
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    We can't see your diet so it's hard to guess what you might be talking about, but the rest of us are losing weight? Maybe you should try to stick with it a while.
  • SamMorBelsmom
    SamMorBelsmom Posts: 164 Member
    Make sure your settings are as close to your real life style as you can get. I noticed that mine was set (my job) a little more active then it really was and when I switched it, I started losing like crazy. The only think I notice is that some days, when I don't eat as "healthy" as I would like aka empty calories, I am hungry by the end of the night. Other wise, yes, I find it hard to eat all the calories, some days, which is why I love this cite because I can not stick to something when I am hungry all the time. You should get use to it and if you find that you are still full...well...I don't rightly know...
  • Are you eating the added calories from your exercises? For me, I don't eat the calories I burn off with my workouts. Unless I'm super duper active, why eat those exercise calories? I listen to my body, when I'm hungry, I eat...when I'm full, I stop (usually every 2-3 hours I have to have something to eat) Everyone is different and one has to find what works for them to see the numbers move down on the scale. Plus, once the metabolism gets burning well, it will tell you when you are hungry. Eating healthy choices (lots of veggies, fruits, lean proteins) aids in revving up my metabolism. You'll find what works for you, hang in there! :flowerforyou:
  • Thanks for the support. I have 1200 calories per day. I'm on holidays at the moment so not doing too much Maybe when I go back to work it will get better. I am comfortable with about 850 - 900 calories.
    I will persist though. Thanks
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    I assume you're trying to lose weight rather than gain it. To lose weight, you need to eat less than has been your habit in the past. If it feels like you're eating more, either you've miscalculated (perhaps over-estimating your exercise) or you've drastically changed what you're eating. Vegetables are low in calories, but bulky, so if you don't normally eat so many, it could feel like a lot - the simple answer is to change your diet gradually and eat more of the sort of thing you used to eat for a while (while staying within your calorie limit).