Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Exercise membership companies adding GLP1s (Ozempic, Wegovy, etc) into their plans/memberships?

glp1curious
glp1curious Posts: 10 Member
edited March 15 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi fitness pals,

I've been hearing a bunch about membership exercise-focused companies (ex. Weight Watchers) introducing GLP1 Receptor Agonist drugs (Ozempic, Wegovy, Mounjaro, Zepbound, etc) into their routines and pairing them with memberships and things like that.

Has anyone heard of/seen/experienced this?

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,122 Member
    edited February 22
    Makes sense on a business point of view. If you can retain weight loss memberships while implementing and supporting a weight loss supplement then the more positive outcomes for them, it's a win win. I have no idea if this is actually happening though, but it was inevitable, just follow the money.
  • Morgan_Jett
    Morgan_Jett Posts: 5 Member
    Once it came out that Oprah has been using the weight loss meds to maintain weight, I think they really had no choice but to add it. She is the face of the company. But, I think it’s a good idea. The only thing I didn’t like about weight watchers is that I don’t like the point system with some foods being zero pts. It doesn’t teach you portion control if you can eat as much as you want of the zero foods. So I have found this app to be far more helpful so far.!