Did you know that sweet potato is very health?

Options
I would like to learn some recipes! Sweet potato is much better than a normal one :)

No fried potato, never ever guys :)))

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I grew them in my garden this year because they're so much better for you and we go through large amounts. I love them, and need them for the potassium.
  • shockrina
    Options
    Never knew how good they taste raw until my cousin who's a vegan had some chopped up for us to eat.. :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Recipes:

Sweet potato mash: prick one large or 2 small SPs and nuke them in teh microwave *about 6-8 mins depending on size). Scoop out the felsh, mash with a little olive oil and lots of black pepper.

Wedges: Cut into 1/8ths, toss in some oil and herbs, lay flat on a tray and bake for 30-40 mins.

Thai fish cakes: use leftover SP mash. Combine with cooked shrimp or crabmeat, fish sauce, and a finely choped chili. Form into patties and fry in olive oil, or bake in the oven.
  • Pancake86
    Options
    Sweet potato cottage pie is the BEST hehe Also i do sweet potato mash with steak yummmy!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    A REGULAR potato is also very healthy for you when prepared in a healthy manner. Don't diss the regular potato:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2770/2

(I'm a huge sweet potato fan, btw)
  • mummy_gerdes
    mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato cottage pie is the BEST hehe Also i do sweet potato mash with steak yummmy!

thats one of my favourites to!!

you can also bake them and have them like a jacket potato with low fat soft cheese
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I would like to learn some recipes! Sweet potato is much better than a normal one :)

No fried potato, never ever guys :)))
    Sweet potato madras does it for me!
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    A REGULAR potato is also very healthy for you when prepared in a healthy manner. Don't diss the regular potato:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2770/2

(I'm a huge sweet potato fan, btw)
    You must be Irish LOL
  • mummy_gerdes
    mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Sweet potato madras does it for me!

[/quote]

that sounds so yummy!! i'll have to try that!
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I eat either a sweet potato or a regular, almost everyday to stave off the 2:30 hunger pang. I bake them on the weekend and have them ready to be nuked at any time.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    In the Recipe forum there is a recipe for sweet potato pancakes that sounds very good!
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    You must be Irish LOL
    [/quote]

Nope. 1/2 Russian, 1/2 French Canadian with some Native American mixed in.

My husband is 1/2 English and 25% Irish so that could have something to do with it.
  • erikinhasanchez
    Options
    hahahaha... my God, you mixed me with all different countries now.

Like Mix Vegetables... hahaha