7/3: 319.0 ( salt, more than likely. )
    7/4: 318.6
    7/5: 318.8
    7/6: 318.4
    7/7: 318.8
    7/8: 319.8 ( Damn salt๐Ÿ˜ )
    7/9: 318.8
    7/10: 319.0
    7/11: 318.0 ( I feel like I'm on a seesaw. up and down, up and down.๐Ÿ˜ตโ€๐Ÿ’ซ)
    7/12: 319.6
    7/13: 320.2
    7/14: 320.4
    7/15: 319.2
    7/16: 318.0
    7/17: 318.0
    7/18: 317.2
    7/19: 317.6
    7/20: 314.8
    7/21: 315.4
    7/22: 314.8
    7/23: 314.6
    7/24: 314.6
    7/25: 313.0
    7/26: 312.8 (๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰)
    7/27: 315.2 ( salt )
    7/28: 313.0
    7/29: 313.0
  • ozdeelite
    ozdeelite Posts: 387 Member
    No weigh in today. Didnโ€™t get to eat dinner til 10pm due to work. Hope to get to the gym a minimum of twice this week but will be working 3 days which is very physically demanding and tiring because itโ€™s an 86 minute drive to work.
    Will try and exercise anyway.

July weigh in
    Start weight 107.2kg
    Goal weight 106 kg

1. 107.2kg - not again ๐Ÿ˜ฉ โŒ
    2. 107.8kg - oh dear ๐Ÿ’ฉโŒ
    3. 108.1kg - ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉโŒ
    4. 107.7kg - better but still infuriating โŒ
    5. 108.2kg ate fast food last night after work โŒ
    6. 107.3kgโŒ
    7. 107.3kg โŒ
    8. 107.9kg - stuck to calories & exercised โœ…
    9. 107.8kg - stuck to calories โœ…
    10. 107.3kg - gym - stuck to calories โœ…
    11. 106.9kg - over calories โŒ
    12. 107.4 kg - darn it - stuck to calories 1565 โœ…
    13. 107.4kg - slightly over calories 1665 โŒ
    14. 107.5kg - exercised. 1498 calories โœ…
    15. 108kg - right. ๐Ÿ˜ก 1518 calories โœ…
    16. 108.4kg - why? โ‰๏ธ๐Ÿ˜ญ 1781 calories โŒ
    17. 108.5 - 1528 โœ…
    18. 108.4kg - 1518 โœ…
    19. 108.8kg ๐Ÿ˜ญ 2447 - โŒ
    20. 108.7kg - gym 1476 โœ…
    21. 108.8kg - binged on junk 3,058 โŒ
    22. 108.8kg - 1497 โœ… ๐Ÿฉธ
    23. 108.2kg - ๐Ÿฉธ 2859 โŒ snacking on savoury shapes
    24. 109kg - ๐Ÿฉธ2546 โŒ McDonaldโ€™s
    25. 109.6kg ๐Ÿฉธgym 1630 โœ…
    26. 108.9kg gym 1641 โœ…
    27. 108.2kg walk 68 mins 2071 โŒ 12/27
    28. 107.9kg walk 33 minutes 1615 โœ… 13/28
    29. 108.4kg ๐Ÿฅ˜ 1830 โœ… 2838 ๐Ÿ”ฅ ๐Ÿฆถ 8,462
    30. Not weighing in - ate late due to work.
  • koeitjiesa
    koeitjiesa Posts: 364 Member
    I'm back for July.

July weigh in

Start weight 84.4kg
    Goal weight 80kg

1 - 84.4kg
    2 - 84.2kg
    3 - 84kg
    4 - 84kg
    5 - 83.8kg
    6 - 83.6kg
    7 - 84.3kg
    8 - 84.1kg
    9 - 83.6kg
    10 - 84.0kg
    11 - 84.0kg
    12 - 83.6kg
    13 - 83.3kg
    14 - 83.1kg
    15 - 83.3kg
    16 - 83.1kg
    17 - 83.1kg
    18 - 83.2kg
    19 - 82.9kg
    20 - 82.5kg
    21 - 82.6kg
    22 - 82.4kg
    23 - 81.8kg
    24 - 82.1kg
    25 - 82.1kg
    26 - 82.3kg
    27 - 82.1kg
    28 - 81.9kg
    29 - 81.7kg
    30 - 81.0kg
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 4,842 Member
    edited July 30
    Hello I'm Darlene. Retired, 63-year-old. Married (Greg), one adult daughter (Allyson), and one goldendoodle (Monty), back for another month with this supportive group. I have been on this weight loss journey since January 2023, and with this group since April 2023. I have lost 83 pounds since the beginning of my journey and working on my last 10 pounds to goal (may change that when I get there). Happy to be back for another month.

Starting Weight 228

SW Dec: 228 | Jan: 217 | Feb: 212 | Mar: 207.6 | Apr 200.2 | May 194.8 | Jun: 189.6 | Jul: 187.4 | Aug: 179.8 | Sept: 174.2 | Oct: 169.6 | Nov 164.6 | Dec 164 | Jan 159.8 | Feb 156.8 | Mar 152.8 | Apr 151.6 | May 149.6 | June 145

Ending Weight in June: 145

๐Ÿ‘ฃ Average 8 k Steps per day
    ๐Ÿ“ Log Daily
    ๐Ÿฅ— Stay under my calorie range
    ๐Ÿ’ช Strength Train 3 days per week
    ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ Follow Doctor's orders and do PT stretching 3 days per week
    ๐Ÿซ€ Cardio 3 days per week
    ๐Ÿ’ฆ 8+ glasses of water
    ๐Ÿง‚Stay under sodium goal
    โš–๏ธ Lose 2% of body weight - Stretch Goal 4 pounds

Each month I write a reflection on how the prior month went - here is mine from June if you want to read it:
    June Reflection

June was a great month for weight loss, a slowdown in exercise!

I lost 4.6 pounds this month โ€“ even beat my stretch goal! Down 83 pounds from the start of my journey. Even with a trip to Hawaii during the month. I have five pounds to go to get my BMI to the ideal range, and 10 pounds to go to my goal. When I get there, we shall see what I do โ€“ I might just go a tiny bit further to say that I hit the 100-pound mark. That would be another 17 pounds from today.

I reached the 1,350-mile marker on my quest to walk 2,024 miles in 2024, logging 135 miles in June โ€“ my least number of miles since I started this journey in January 2023. My injury last month turned out to be a meniscus tear and have had to slow down. I got a cortisone shot and feel a little better โ€“ but decreased my step goal from 17,000 steps a day to 8,000. Iโ€™m thinking I can move up to 10,000 in July. Although I have slowed down, I am still in the purple (that means I will make it) range. So far have averaged 7.45 miles per day. This tracker is all miles walked โ€“ not just intentional. I am also tracking my intentional miles, just to see how I do. To date I have tracked 982.05 intentional miles. This puts me at 48% complete โ€“ just below the 50% mark.

I did an experiment with Nutrisystem food in June. I order two weeks of food. Hereโ€™s what I found out:

1. It works - I got over my plateau and continued to lose - lost almost 5 pounds in two weeks. ๐Ÿ˜
    2. It was super easy to follow ๐Ÿ˜ but, had we had to cook two meals daily - one for me, one for Greg. โ˜น๏ธ
    3. The food was edible - not fantastic, not gross ๐Ÿ˜
    4. I did not meet my protein goal most days โ˜น๏ธ, but met carb, fat, sodium and fiber goals almost every day ๐Ÿ˜.
    5. Most days the calories were about 1,350 - ranging from a little under 1,200 to 1,600. I wasn't hungry. ๐Ÿ˜
    6. I usually eat 5 fruits/veggies a day - but switched to 4 veggies one fruit on Nutrisystem. ๐Ÿ˜
    7. It's doable as a quick fix, I couldn't do it long term. ๐Ÿ˜
    8. Overall - I am extremely happy with the weight loss. So overall score! ๐Ÿ˜
    9. ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿณ I like to cook!
    We took a trip to Hawaii midway through the month. Overall, I am very happy with my dedication on the trip. We did not have access to the fitness center โ€“ so my exercise consisted of swimming and walking. I logged everything I ate and drank to the best of my ability. I was over my calorie goal and more importantly my sodium goal every day, but not by huge numbers. I ate breakfast every day, and many lunches as well. I limited my alcohol. Only one day of two drinks, and many with none. I ate only half of my dinner entre โ€“ boxing up the rest for breakfast or Gregโ€™s snacks for the future. I gained weight, but within the week home lost it all.

Looking at my June goals, I did well โ€“ except never finished The Burning Page. I just couldnโ€™t through it. Will try to find something fun to read for July!

My July Goals

โ€ข Lose 4 pounds (always my goal), but be happy with a 2% loss for the month
    โ€ข Alternate days of Cardio and Strength Training
    โ€ข Follow Doctorโ€™s orders โ€“ go to Physical Therapy
    โ€ข Average 10K Steps per day

By Before and After for June

0q6pwg9zfw9o.png

โ˜€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Ž Happy July๐Ÿ˜Ž โ˜€๏ธ

June 30: 145
    July 07: 144.3
    July 14: 144.4
    July 21: 144.2

Prior Weeks Data
    July 1 144.3 ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ME! Happy with the weight loss. I'm sick. Head stuff, ears clogged. Hoping it doesn't last long. I did manage to get my monthly budget completed yesterday. June was a disasterous month - have to curb our spending for the next few months to make up for our trip to Hawaii!

July 2 145.2 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ME! Have to lower my step goal. Had doctor appointment yesterday - no walking for two weeks. Knee isn't healing like it should. Probably over did it in Hawaii. Looks like seated cardio - or get my butt to the lake for a swim instead of walking. But I just love my morning walks with Monty. Still feeling crummy - sore throat, stuffy ears. Also feeling sorry for myself - had little binge yesterday and was over my calorie limit - not by a lot - but over.

July 3 144.5 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ME! Just a small cardio workout yesterday. Spent the day cleaning the house. We have been focusing on the outside and the garden that I neglected the inside. It felt great to get it done. I love a clean house. Going to the doctor today for this sinus thing I have. I can't hear at all out of one ear, and now I have pink eye in both eyes! Guess it's time for some meds.

July 4 144.3 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ME! Went to the doctor, it's not pink eye, just a reaction from the sinus and ear infection. On antibiotics. Hoping it clears soon. I found some good seated cardio workouts on Paul Eugene's youtube channel that were kind of fun and felt like I was still exercising. I was over my sodium limit yesterday - might see a jump tomorrow - it ususally shows up two days later.

July 5 144.8 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ME! What I expected - I used every bit of my calories. Quiet 4th of July - Jill gave me the incentive to power wash - So got it out and did the front walkway. Fun! Got in two seated cardio workouts - counted one as my walk workout, the other as my cardio workout. Got my step goal completed - seated of course. Feeling a little better today - at least I could hear my hearing aid start up. To be honest, I was kind of scared that the ear infection will lead to more hearing loss. I am very hard of hearing already, it is really hard to live in a world and only hear half of what is said. The constant "what was that", is really frustrating for both me and others. People just don't get hearing loss - they roll their eyes like I am an annoyance when I ask them to repeat. Many times I just pretend I hear so I don't have to see it. The fact that I could hear the hearing aid start up to day was reassuring.

July 6: 143.9 ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ME! Got it all done yesterday. Finally got a good night sleep! Yesterday was a raining yucky day, so hubby couldn't work outside. I bought these rope lights for our screen porch eons ago - he finally got them put up. So happy with how they look. We are a little short, but they are ententable so have to order another small section to finish it. But my favorite relaxing spot is looking pretty good.

July 7: 144.3 ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ME! My typical Sunday uptick. I weigh in for my team challenge on Saturday. Nine times out of ten I am up on Sunday. The weigh in, on top of a weekend, and I self sabatoge. I ate every bit of my exercise calories yesterday - leaving only 98 calories on the table. I know that this doesn't work for me. But I seem to do it every week. Why do I treat Saturday like a weekend? I'm retired every day is a weekend. Old habits die hard I guess. The good thing is that it is temporary. Baby steps!

July 8: 144.1 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚Happy Monday everyone. Got it all done. Feeling a little better. I was thinking I would have to miss another week of Bingo with Mom. Our vacation, on top of the illness, means I haven't seen her in three weeks. But I am planning on going tonight. I am finding quite a few good seated workouts on youtube, but I have to admit I am getting tired of walking in my chair. It took of the "Me"time from my goals - it is just a given. I actually should change it to less "me" time! LOL!

July 9: 144 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ Didn't end up going to bingo with Mom, as the day progressed so did my feeling crummy. Another day of eating all my exercise calories - left just 30 calories on the table. Went to PT, another week of no walking (for now). A couple of new stretches to add to my routine.

July 10: 144.2 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ Feeling a little better, but another day of eating all my calories and over my sodium goal. I need to get it together I know that it doesn't work for me.

July 11: 144.1 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿฆต ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ A good day yesterday, feeling much better. Got everything done. Did a little cleaning of the house - relaxed. A nice day. Now that I am feeling better we are going to go out on the boat today. Should be fun, it's been a while.

July 12: 144.3 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ Frustrating day yesterday. Got motivated in the afternoon to make a stir fry dinner with the leftover rotisserie chicken we had. Cut up these beautiful rainbow of veggies and set aside for later. When I went to cook, the range circuit board must have fried - none of the buttons worked. Researched how to fix, found a youtube video but after pulling out the stove (cleaning the fuzzy slimey gunk from underneath), and doing what they said - still no luck. By the time the repair man could come out, research what was wrong - and then possibly fix we thought it would just be better to get a new one. Researched where we could find a new range in stock - most said delivery in a week. I cannot be without a range for a week. We finally found one and will go pick it up today - but needless to say my takeout Subway (which I wasn't anticipating) dinner was loaded with sodium. On the bright side - dinner prep is done for tonight!

July 13: 144.4 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿฆต ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ Probably still related to yesterday's salt issue. I had a good diet day. Frustrating experience with the range. But we finally got it and I used it last night to make my rainbow stir fry. I just took my last dose of antibiotics - I'm hoping that with a good day of eating today, and no more meds that I will see a swish tomorrow!

July 14: 144.4 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚Good day diet wise, under calories, used only half of exericise calories (that is what usually works for me) and sodium level was good. I expected a loss today - hopefully it will show up tomorrow. Going for our monthly visit to Greg's cousin for the day. Will be sitting most of the day, but will get a short workout in when I get home.

July 15: 144.2 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿฆต ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ Very happy that I got in my steps and execise goals in as I was away all day, and on my bottom most of the day. Nice visit with Greg's cousin (she is 91). She loves our visits - I think it is more about Monty than us - but am happy to see her smile. A saltier day, but still under my range. Tonight is Bingo with mom, hope I can resist the junk food on the table!

July 16: 144.4 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฆต ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ My two weeks of rest are up - so got my first walk in! Woo Hoo. It was so wonderful to get out there. I'm starting out slow and small - a 1.5 mile walk at one of our favorites - Haddam Meadow State Park. I love it for many reasons, it's flat, beautiful scenary, Monty can be off leash, and it has bathroom facilities (LOL). It took me a long time to finish this 1.5 miles, - probably all the pictures and not me following doctors orders! I'll still continue with the non-weight bearing cardio routines, and no deep lunges or deep squats with the strength routines. I think I need to do a change in my diet, things are not moving and when they do it seems to be going in the wrong direction.

July 17: 144.4 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿฆต ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ So far July has been a bit of a let down. Hoping to end the month stronger that the first half!

July 18: 144.2 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ I have a follow-up appointment for my knee this morning - eager to see what will happen next. Still have some pain - the PT says it is related to the bursae. From what I read on the internet - just rest and pain relievers. I don't really want to take any more NSAIDs and I think the walks actually seem to help not hurt - so hope she doesn't put me back to no walks!

July 19: 144 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฆต ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ My follow-up appointment went well; go another cortizone shot - this time in the bursae area - feeling fabulous already. She gave the go ahead to resume all activities - so got them all done. I did feel a little twinge on certain twisting aerobic moves so I avoided those. Have PT this morning, and then today is supposed to be a beutiful day - going to hit the lake - go out on the boat and for a swim.

July 20: 144.2 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚Over my calories yesterday - first time in a long time. I was already close to my calorie goal when I went to bed, BUT got up in the middle of the night and ate - putting me over the top. Just 125 calories - but over.

July 21: DNW ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฆต ๐ŸŠโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆDid not weigh today, really didn't want to know. I was off the rails yesterday. Got all my exercise in, even added a swim. But snacking while watching a movie, over my calorie range, over my sodium goal, and another snack attack while I had my insomnia problem again last night and I just didn't want to see it. I'm thinking of not looking until Wednesday, that's how bad it was! I did log everything though!

Week Four

๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฆต ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚

July 22: 144.2 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚I know I said I was going to wait until Wed, but realized that it was the end of the week and I needed to post my weekly number. I was pleasantly surprise as it was down .2 from last week - but my haven't hit my lowwest weight this month 143.9 (way back at the beginning of the month). I know I can't use all my exercise calories - it doesn't work for me. I haven't been following that rule. My new goal is to only use 25%, and shoot for none. I am determined to get to my goal weight this year.

July 23: 143.6 ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿฆต ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚My first smile since July 6. I don't get them until I am at the lowwest point for the month. Bingo with Mom last night - no winners. I resisted the goodies. Today - PT in this morning (thinking it will be my last), then Greg is off this morning golfing with a buddy so I have the morning to myself. Thinking I will binge watch some Outlander. I watched years ago, but recently added a new season to Netflix so am re-watching before I see the new season.

July 24: 143.6 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿง‚Quiet day. PT in the morning, going to go another week. He is happy with my progress, but there are a few spots he can feel that he thinks we need to work through. I don't mind going - I love the massage! I did get on the treadmill - the first time since my injury.

July 25: 143.9 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฆต ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚Another night of not sleeping well, and the snack monster got me again. After I eat I find it easier to fall back asleep. I used to have a lot of trouble sleeping when I was going through menopause - I was just too hot - but that had gone away. Now I seem to be in that pattern again, perhaps it's the summer weather. I turned off my Garmin fitness tracker in the afternoon - was trying to pair my husband's (he has abandoned it) so that I could wear one to bed, and one for the day and I forogt to turn mine back on. So didn't get my final steps or my sleep hours. I hate when that happens! And I wasn't successful either - boo hoo. I haven't been wearing mine to bed because I don't want it to run out of charge and lose my precious steps - LOL! From what I read, my resting calories may not be as accurate if I don't wear it - so trying to correct that.

July 26: 143.2 ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚Good day yesterday, didn't any thing special to make it that way - just felt good. And my swish this morning made it even better.

July 27: 143.3 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฆต๐Ÿง‚ Another nice day in CT. My knee was a little sore from Thursday's workout (I did the cardio workout standing for the first time), so we took a shorter walk in the AM. But I felt better by the afternoon. Worked in the garden - it's one thing after another - now we have squash bugs on the zucchini. Sprayed, and picked off what we could find. I did see three small squash growing! ๐Ÿ˜ Hopefully we'll have some fresh squash to eat this week. Picked four ripe grape tomatoes - Yum. Corn has some tassels started - I am doubtful that we will get any produce - but it's fun to look at. Made another batch of Arugula pesto that we are going to freeze (I have arugula coming out of my ears). Today Greg left to see his elderly cousin. Greg is in the process of becoming her power of attorney, fiduciary, and executor when she passes. When we were going over the paperwork, we noticed that the house was still in her late husband's estate name. After researching found out that the attorney and executor of his estate messed up on the probate paperwork. It has been a nightmare to fix - but they are working with a new attorney to get it corrected. If not corrected will be an even bigger nighmare later, so needs to get done before Greg takes over. Going to see her today to sign some papers. Hoping it get's resolved soon.

July 28: 144.8 ๐Ÿ“ A disasterous day on the weight loss front. Nachos and two BIG glasses of wine at lunch led to the beginning of a indulgence. Then a steak and cheese sub and chips for dinner. It was a planned rest day - so that coupled with my craziness led to the big swing upwards. The only goal I met was to log! I beat myself up enough, today is a new day - I will take my own advice and leave yesterday behind.

July 29: 144.1 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ Good day yesterday. Got it all done. Also cleaned most of the house (I had been letting it go - LOL). Just a wee bit more today to get it done. It's bingo night with Mom today - so we eat dinner at lunch time. Sometimes that makes for a good Tuesday weigh-in we'll see (if I avoid the goodies on the table). I made it to the 1,600 mile mark on my quest to complete 2,024 miles in 2024. ๐Ÿ˜ If you didn't see my post about the special one week Hogwarts challenge, they are opening the doors to everyone on MFP for a special one week event. If you are a Harry Potter fan check it out.

July 30: 144.2 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ Rained all day yesterday - so just inside workouts for me. Nice night out with the family. Both by sister's won. My Aunt from florida is here for a visit so she joined us as well along with my other Aunt and Uncle . One Aunt won twice as well - as for me - the typical I go for the company! LOL. Today - PT and then Monty has his annual vet appointment. One more day of July and then a fresh new August!

• cinw1501
    cinw1501 Posts: 86 Member
    Hi,
    I'm Cindy. I'm 50, 5'4" and 163 as of this morning. I have fought with the same 10lbs for the last year.
    So my doctor wants to put me on Wegovy or Zepbound. Between the cost and doing a little research, I don't think its a great solution. Looks like it might be a rest of life commitment. No thank you!

So today (7/3) I joined a gym. I haven't been to a gym in probably 15 years and that was Curves. I loved Curves, I wish there was one my my area.

I see my doctor again at the end of August, so I want to loose at least 10 lbs by then to prove I can do it without meds. My ultimate goal is 135 lbs.

7/1: 164.2
    7/2: 163.2 :)
    7/3: 163 :)
    7/4: 162.4 :) - Today will be my first day at the gym. Hopefully they are open.
    7/5 162.8 :/ Went to the gym yesterday. Cycled for 35 min. Ate too much bread yesterday. It's ok today is a new day!
    7/6 162.6 :) - Cleaned the house yesterday for my daughter's graduation party. Lots of mopping, etc. That helped with the small loss. Unfortunately, no time for the gym.
    7/7 163.2 :( - Grad party yesterday, didn't really pay attention to what I ate and no time to exercise with the last minute preparations. Will jump on the treadmill today if I end up not going to the gym.
    7/8 162.6 :) - Didn't go to the gym yesterday, but did jump on the treadmill. So glad I did. Signed up for a class this afternoon at the gym.
    7/9 162.4 :) - The trainer called in sick yesterday, so there was no class. :( I jumped on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Hopefully he is there today to teach the upper body class. I really want to know how to use the machines and when to use them.
    7/10 162.6 :( - The trainer called in sick again yesterday, so did more cycling for 35 min. Did 7 miles! Oh and the stair climber for 5 mins. That thing is hard. Today the trainer was there and he did a core class. I was pathetic, but have to start somewhere. Pretty sure my back and arms are going to hurt tomorrow. Also, did 25 mins on the treadmill.
    7/11 162.4 :) - Why only .2? This is making me crazy. I guess I only loose and gain in .2 increments. Went to the gym again today. Walked on the treadmill for 1 hour. I will be over 10,000 steps for the day. I'm hoping to break the .2 cycle. We shall see in the morning. I have to be mindful of what I eat this weekend. That is usually when I gain it all back. I can do this!
    7/12 162 :) - Finally! I broke the .2 trend! Did legs and treadmill at the gym today. I hopefully I can stay on track this weekend. Probably won't go to the gym this weekend. I made my goal of 5 days this week!
    7/13 161.8 :) - There is that .2 again, but at least its a loss. Made decent choice for dinner last night. I fought the urge for fatty food at one of my favorite places to eat and went with a salad. Glad I did. I worked hard all week going to the gym, and I don't want to undo it. So, hopefully I can keep that in the back of mind through the weekend.
    7/14 162.4 :( - Ugh! I'm pretty sure it was the late dinner of sushi with soy sauce. I am hoping its just all the sodium. I was under calories, but way over on sodium and ate dinner after 9 pm. Time got away from me yesterday. Will drink lots of water today.
    7/15 162 :) - Not what I was hoping for, but down half a pound for the week. Maybe my body is confused that I worked out last week. I stayed pretty active yesterday trying not to couch surf too much.
    I managed to get my steps in just doing stuff around the house. Gym goal for this week is the same 5 days. I can do it!
    7/16 162 :neutral: - Worked out for 1hr 15 min and stayed within my calories yesterday. 10K steps. No change in weight. Very discouraging. I got this! I'm trying to stay positive.
    7/17 162 :neutral: - Same again. Did upper body yesterday and cardio I think it was about 30 minutes weights and 50 minutes cardio. Did core today with an hour of cardio (bike and treadmill). I ate 1 and half pieces of pizza for dinner tonight and I don't regret it. I have been sticking to calories, but not loosing.
    7/18 160.8 :smiley: - Finally! The scale moved! So my take away from this - eat pizza! Just kidding. Maybe I was drinking tooo much water? Its a mystery as to why the scale didn't move. Maybe my body said OK we are exercising now? Maybe its the hour of cardio?
    7/19 160.4 :smiley: - Another loss! Legs and a hour of cardio yesterday after work.
    7/20 161 :( - Did a hour of cardio after work yesterday. No weights didn't have time. Ate bad for dinner, but still under calories. The gain was probably the salt. Today is another day.
    7/21 160.6 :) - I'm proud of myself. We went to my Brother in law's bday party last night. My mother in law always has a snack table, and I typically sit down there. Last night I didn't sit down and stayed standing. I only took two or three pieces of the cheese and avoided everything else. Ate steak and a salad instead of a burger and only had a spoon full of potato salad. Oh and I didn't eat cake. I took one small bite of my husband's. It's nice to see I lost a little. Back to gym today. Took yesterday off and won't get to go tomorrow, so decided to go later today.
    7/22 161.2 :( - Didn't go to the gym yesterday, but did cardio at home for an hour and gained. I have no idea why? Not enough water?
    7/23 160.2 :smiley: - Back to the gym today.
    7/24 160.4 :( - Did upper body and cardio yesterday after work. A little over an hour.
    7/25 160.8 :( - Why? I killed it on cardio yesterday after work. Then did a little core. I don't understand the gain. I didn't overeat. Inflammation maybe? So annoying!
    7/26 161.8 :( - No gym yesterday. Had a appointment, so didn't get to go.
    7/27 161 :neutral: Got to go to the gym yesterday after work. I guess it did something. I managed to loose almost a pound in a week and just gain it all back. Now its the weekend. Hopefully I can stay on track. My niece's bday party is today. I did eat bread several times this week. That could be what is going on with me.
    7/28 161 - I didn't gain, so that's good.
    7/29 159.6 :smiley: - So glad to be below 160! Not sure how I lost, but I will take it.
    7/29 159.8 :neutral: - Went to the gym after work. Maybe inflammation or the salty dinner I had. Doesn't look like I will reach my goal for July, but I was close and that's ok with me. Today will be a challenge. I have allot going on and will be eating on the run. Wish me luck.
  • cattherien
    cattherien Posts: 354 Member
    I'm Charlene, 59yo, 5'8", married 40 years to Allen, 6 kids, 9 grandkids, work as a caregiver for the elderly.

July goal: 178
    ๐Ÿฅ›= I met my water goal
    โœ๏ธ= I logged all my food
    ๐Ÿง‚= I stayed under my sodium limit
    ๐Ÿงฎ= I stayed under my calorie limit
    ๐Ÿฅ= Disc golf (golf, but with a Frisbee)

July 1: 182 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚ ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
    July 2: 180.8 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘
    July 3: 179.1 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ˜€๐ŸŽ‰
    July 4: 179.5 __โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿค
    July 5: 180.4 ๐Ÿฅ› โœ๏ธ __ ๐Ÿค
    July 6: 180.4 __ โœ๏ธ __ ๐ŸŸฐ
    July 7: 181.8 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ˜”
    July 8: 180.8 __โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ˜€
    July 9: 182.2 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ˜”
    July 10: 182.4 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ__๐Ÿ˜ฌ
    July 11: 181.8 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ๐Ÿ˜€
    July 12: 182.0 __โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ
    July 13: 181.5 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ๐Ÿ˜€
    July 14: 182.7 __โœ๏ธ__ __๐Ÿคฆ
    July 15: DNW โœ๏ธ
    July 16: 182.3 โœ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜€
    July 17: 183.8๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜”
    July 18: 181.7 โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ˜€
    July 19: 182.4 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ๐Ÿ˜€
    July 20: 181.7 โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ๐Ÿ˜€
    July 21: 183.4* ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ *new scale
    July 22: 183.2 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚
    July 23: 183.4 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ
    July 24: 182.7 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ๐Ÿ˜€
    July 25: 181.4 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ๐Ÿ˜€๐ŸŽ‰
    July 26: 183.8 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿซฃ๐Ÿซฃ๐Ÿซฃ๐Ÿซฃ
    July 27: 184.3 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿงฎ๐Ÿคฆ
    July 28: 183.6 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ ๐Ÿฅ ๐Ÿ˜€
    July 29: 184.9 โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
    July 30: 185.1 ๐Ÿฅ›๐Ÿ˜ถโ€๐ŸŒซ๏ธ๐Ÿคซ๐Ÿซฃ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

I told myself I was gonna regret it in the morning...๐Ÿคฆ

I was actually doing fine until I gave in to the after-dinner snack monster. I know exactly what was going on. I was sleepy but it was too early to go to bed. I didn't want to nap because it was too close to bedtime. I was too tired to sew; I tried coloring a mandala but even that, I was too sleepy for. So I snacked. Yep there was a point where I hit the f-it button and just refused to log or to care. So yep, self-sabotage. I warned myself and did it anyway. ๐Ÿซฃ

So I'm ending the month a few pounds over where I started the month. But it's just a setback; it isn't the end. Today is a new day, a new opportunity to try to do better than yesterday. ๐ŸŒ„

I'm thinking I will try the Hogwarts group, Darlene. I feel as though it might be over my head, but I won't know until I try.
  • cattherien
    @deepwoodslady yes, indeed, Oliver is stinking cute! So how did the foot doctor go? I hope they can get the nerve testing all ironed out before winter. We're in Central Illinois, so I hear ya about iffy driving conditions. February is the WORST! But iffy starts in October and goes through April, so I completely get your need to knock out as many appointments as you can before first frost. How'd the new doctor go?

@jm216 great job meeting your goal for the month! Did the Tigers win?

@ozdeelite wow, 86 minute drive to work? That's one heck of a commute! ๐Ÿซฃ I hope you can indeed make it to the gym this week.

@ilive2walk that's fun to hear your family does bingo together! Or, any game, really. Great bonding experiences. Enjoy your family time!

@cinw1501 great job on your weight loss this month! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
  • cattherien
    P. S. I'm not leaving this group to go to the Hogwarts group, I'm just adding them as a second group in hopes that it'll help me with accountability.
  • Rh1aB1a
    Rh1aB1a Posts: 313 Member
    fell off for a bit, but I'M BACK!!! <3

SW-153.6
    GW-150.0
    UGW-145.0

5. 153.6 <3
    6. 152.4 <3 99 days until my wedding!! I had my first dress fitting the other day and my dress was a smidge too tight, but zipped! Hoping I can lose the last few lbs and give myself some wiggle room. I DO NOT want to have my dress let out, as I'm already $600 deep in alterations.
    7. DNW
    8. 152.4 <3
    9. 152.8 <3 Food has been too good lately. My self control has not been the best. I keep telling myself that I will get back on track "tomorrow" but then I'M HUNGRY! Hoping I can focus soon :s
    10. 151.6 <3 I think my scale is broken lol
    11. 151.0 <3
    12. 150.8 <3
    13. 150.2 <3
    14. DNW
    15. 151.8 <3 Ouch. It was HOT here this weekend and we ordered A LOT of takeout. Pretty much undid all my hard work from the week prior, but here's to a new week!!
    16. DNW
    17. DNW
    18. 152.2 <3 It has been a rough week. I have been eating for comfort. Locking it back in and will hopefully hit my goal this month. I'm sick of the yoyo crap.
    19. 151.8 <3
    20. DNW
    21. 150.0 <3<3

30. 151.2 <3
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,919 Member
    Hi, I'm Jill! <3
    I'm 54 and have been married 28 years. I have 2 children-- a son who is 23 and a daughter who is 19. I work full-time selling new construction homes, and I absolutely love it! Yardwork is also one of my favorite things to do...from grass cutting to weed wacking...if I can be outside, I will be playing in the yard.

This is the month that Iโ€™ll get below 210 pounds. I can feel it!

July 1: 210.5 ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
    July 2: 210.2๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
    July 3: 210.4
    July 4: 209.8 ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
    July 5: 211.1 Iโ€™m not surprised after having friends over for the 4th, but I wonโ€™t let this derail me. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    July 6: 210.9โ€ฆ going for a swim before work.
    July 7: 211.8โ€ฆ time for some tiny tweaks. More veggies as snacksโ€ฆ Iโ€™ve been logging, but since the 4th Iโ€™ve been going over calories. Today is about tiny tweaks. Happy Sunday! Off to work!
    July 8: 212โ€ฆ went out to dinner last night with my family and went over calories. Today is a new day! Happy Monday. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    July 9: 211 ๐ŸŽ‰
    July 10: 210.8๐ŸŽ‰
    July 11: 209.8 ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
    July 12: 210 ๐ŸŽ‰
    July 13: 210๐ŸŽ‰
    July 14: 209.8๐ŸŽ‰
    July 15: 208.4 ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŽ‰
    July 16: 210.1โ€ฆ๐Ÿ˜ณโ€ฆ was feeling anxious last night and gave into stress snacking. A minor setback. Brushing off the dust from my fall and getting back up.
    July 17: 208.8 ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
    July 18: 208.6๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
    July 19: 209.2๐ŸŽ‰
    July 20: 209๐ŸŽ‰
    July 21: dnw
    July 22: 208.4๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
    July 23: 209๐ŸŽ‰
    July 24: 207.6๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŽ‰
    July 25: 207.9
    July 26: 207.1 ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ˜
    July 27: DNW
    July 28: 209.9โ€ฆ I over indulged in fun last nightโ€ฆ fun meaning adult beverages and food while at the Detroit Tigers game with my hubby and fun friends.
    July 29: 209.8 still on my goal of being under 210 by the end of July.
    July 30: 209.8

Jill๐Ÿฅฐ
  • iLive2Walk
    edited July 30
    @cattherien That's what I do, I have this one to spill my guts, weigh in every day! It is also the first group I joined on MFP, so holds a special place in my heart. The Hogwarts one is for fun (they make exercise and eating fun in a creative way). And my other group is the biggest loser challenge. I joined these two both the same time (a couple months after this one). BLC is kind a of a mix between the other two. Somehow or another I became co-captain of the BLC team (probably because I chat too much) and then our fearless leader had to go on temporary leave so I ended up captain. Anyhow - I digress. These three are my favorites on MFP. I have triend many others (in and out). But will never give up these. Probably will be lifer! Hope you like it.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,872 Member
    weight.png

My name is Donna. I am 5โ€™ 5โ€ tall, 64 years old and from Michigan USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250โ€™s; 240โ€™s; 230โ€™s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180โ€™s; 170's; 160's; 150โ€™s

This Challenge Starting Weight (from June 30th): 187.0
    Goal: 183.0 (Four lb Loss)
    Actual Ending Weight: xxxxx
    Total Lost/Gained this month: xxxxx

**********************ONE DAY, ONE STEP, ONE DECISION AT A TIME********************

FIRST HALF OF THE MONTH

Weight in blue makes me blue because itโ€™s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because itโ€™s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

07/01-187.0-(Trend Weight 186.6)-

07/02-185.4-(Trend Weight 186.3)-

07/03-185.4-(Trend Weight 186.3)-

07/04-186.2-(Trend Weight 186.5)-

07/05-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

07/06-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

07/07-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

07/08-189.2-(Trend Weight 187.2)-

07/09-189.0-(Trend Weight 187.6)-

07/10-189.2-(Trend Weight 188.0)-

07/11-187.8-(Trend Weight 188.4)-

07/12-DNW-(Trend WeightDNW)-

07/13-189.0-(Trend Weight 188.4)-

07/14-189.4-(Trend Weight 188.6)-

07/15-189.4-(Trend Weight 188.6)-

SECOND HALF OF THE MONTH

07/16-188.8-(Trend Weight 189.0)-

07/17-187.0-(Trend Weight 188.8)-

07/18-188.6-(Trend Weight 188.8)-

07/19-188.0-(Trend Weight 188.7)-

07/20-186.2-(Trend Weight 188.4)-

07/21-188.0-(Trend Weight 188.5)-

07/22-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

07/23-188.2-(Trend Weight 188.8)-

07/24-188.6-(Trend Weight 188.9)-

07/25-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

07/26-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

07/27-189.4-(Trend Weight 189.2)-

07/28-189.2-(Trend Weight 189.5)-

07/29-189.4-(Trend Weight 189.7)- Very early weigh-in this morning. Iโ€™m off to see the specialist this morning which will be a bit of a trip. I had leftover pasta for dinner so Iโ€™m not surprised to see a bit of an increase on the scale. Iโ€™ll be freezing the rest. Iโ€™m getting a little tired of these medical appointments. I have even more in August. However, with Michigan weather being typically bad in the winter, I do try to pound out all appointments and address all issues when the weather is warmer and roads are good but itโ€™s so tiring going through it every year. I plan to get a little shopping in today while out of town so I should get plenty of steps in.

07/30-189.8-(Trend Weight 190.0)- I forgot to NOT weight in as planned due to the travel yesterday. As long as I accidentally stepped on the scale, I may as well document it. The ankle and foot specialist appointment was a bit of a waste of time. He canโ€™t help me with my main issues although he does see a bunionette on my right foot he could surgically fix. He says the next steps to the neurologist and the EMG needle poking in the feet tests should yield more answers and (eventually) treatment options for my issues. He was rude to the point of almost being obnoxious. Whatever happened to bedside manner? Shame on him, he had lots of gray mixed in his hair and was plenty old enough to know better. I wonโ€™t be going back.

07/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
  • ozdeelite
    ozdeelite Posts: 387 Member
    @jm216 will we be continuing August? Itโ€™s the 1st tomorrow here in Oz!

Pretty disappointed in myself for gaining so much weight back this month.

July start 107.2kg
    Ending at 108.7kg

July weigh in

Start weight 107.2kg
    Goal weight 106 kg

6. 107.3kgโŒ
    7. 107.3kg โŒ
    17. 108.5 - 1528 โœ…
    18. 108.4kg - 1518 โœ…
    26. 108.9kg gym 1641 โœ…
    28. 107.9kg walk 33 minutes 1615 โœ… 13/28
    29. 108.4kg ๐Ÿฅ˜ 1830 โœ… 2838 ๐Ÿ”ฅ ๐Ÿฆถ 8,462
    30. Not weighing in - ate late due to work. 1652 โŒ
    31. 108.7kg ๐Ÿ˜ญ
  • cattherien
    I'm just popping in to say that I'm sitting on my sofa with coloring books and I am feeling urges to snack. I'm sleepy and considering a little napette, 20 minutes, instead of going in the kitchen. I just need to refuse to go back in there, and figured if I posted in here that I wasn't going to go in there, it'll maybe help me to keep my word.
  • koeitjiesa
    koeitjiesa Posts: 364 Member
    I'm back for July.

July weigh in

Start weight 84.4kg
    Goal weight 80kg

1 - 84.4kg
    2 - 84.2kg
    3 - 84kg
    4 - 84kg
    5 - 83.8kg
    6 - 83.6kg
    7 - 84.3kg
    8 - 84.1kg
    9 - 83.6kg
    10 - 84.0kg
    11 - 84.0kg
    12 - 83.6kg
    13 - 83.3kg
    14 - 83.1kg
    15 - 83.3kg
    16 - 83.1kg
    17 - 83.1kg
    18 - 83.2kg
    19 - 82.9kg
    20 - 82.5kg
    21 - 82.6kg
    22 - 82.4kg
    23 - 81.8kg
    24 - 82.1kg
    25 - 82.1kg
    26 - 82.3kg
    27 - 82.1kg
    28 - 81.9kg
    29 - 81.7kg
    30 - 81.0kg
    31 - 81.0kg
  • iLive2Walk
    edited July 31
    Hello I'm Darlene. Retired, 63-year-old. Married (Greg), one adult daughter (Allyson), and one goldendoodle (Monty), back for another month with this supportive group. I have been on this weight loss journey since January 2023, and with this group since April 2023. I have lost 83 pounds since the beginning of my journey and working on my last 10 pounds to goal (may change that when I get there). Happy to be back for another month.

Starting Weight 228

SW Dec: 228 | Jan: 217 | Feb: 212 | Mar: 207.6 | Apr 200.2 | May 194.8 | Jun: 189.6 | Jul: 187.4 | Aug: 179.8 | Sept: 174.2 | Oct: 169.6 | Nov 164.6 | Dec 164 | Jan 159.8 | Feb 156.8 | Mar 152.8 | Apr 151.6 | May 149.6 | June 145

Ending Weight in June: 145

๐Ÿ‘ฃ Average 8 k Steps per day
    ๐Ÿ“ Log Daily
    ๐Ÿฅ— Stay under my calorie range
    ๐Ÿ’ช Strength Train 3 days per week
    ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ Follow Doctor's orders and do PT stretching 3 days per week
    ๐Ÿซ€ Cardio 3 days per week
    ๐Ÿ’ฆ 8+ glasses of water
    ๐Ÿง‚Stay under sodium goal
    โš–๏ธ Lose 2% of body weight - Stretch Goal 4 pounds

Each month I write a reflection on how the prior month went - here is mine from June if you want to read it:
    June Reflection

June was a great month for weight loss, a slowdown in exercise!

I lost 4.6 pounds this month โ€“ even beat my stretch goal! Down 83 pounds from the start of my journey. Even with a trip to Hawaii during the month. I have five pounds to go to get my BMI to the ideal range, and 10 pounds to go to my goal. When I get there, we shall see what I do โ€“ I might just go a tiny bit further to say that I hit the 100-pound mark. That would be another 17 pounds from today.

I reached the 1,350-mile marker on my quest to walk 2,024 miles in 2024, logging 135 miles in June โ€“ my least number of miles since I started this journey in January 2023. My injury last month turned out to be a meniscus tear and have had to slow down. I got a cortisone shot and feel a little better โ€“ but decreased my step goal from 17,000 steps a day to 8,000. Iโ€™m thinking I can move up to 10,000 in July. Although I have slowed down, I am still in the purple (that means I will make it) range. So far have averaged 7.45 miles per day. This tracker is all miles walked โ€“ not just intentional. I am also tracking my intentional miles, just to see how I do. To date I have tracked 982.05 intentional miles. This puts me at 48% complete โ€“ just below the 50% mark.

I did an experiment with Nutrisystem food in June. I order two weeks of food. Hereโ€™s what I found out:

1. It works - I got over my plateau and continued to lose - lost almost 5 pounds in two weeks. ๐Ÿ˜
    2. It was super easy to follow ๐Ÿ˜ but, had we had to cook two meals daily - one for me, one for Greg. โ˜น๏ธ
    3. The food was edible - not fantastic, not gross ๐Ÿ˜
    4. I did not meet my protein goal most days โ˜น๏ธ, but met carb, fat, sodium and fiber goals almost every day ๐Ÿ˜.
    5. Most days the calories were about 1,350 - ranging from a little under 1,200 to 1,600. I wasn't hungry. ๐Ÿ˜
    6. I usually eat 5 fruits/veggies a day - but switched to 4 veggies one fruit on Nutrisystem. ๐Ÿ˜
    7. It's doable as a quick fix, I couldn't do it long term. ๐Ÿ˜
    8. Overall - I am extremely happy with the weight loss. So overall score! ๐Ÿ˜
    9. ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿณ I like to cook!
    We took a trip to Hawaii midway through the month. Overall, I am very happy with my dedication on the trip. We did not have access to the fitness center โ€“ so my exercise consisted of swimming and walking. I logged everything I ate and drank to the best of my ability. I was over my calorie goal and more importantly my sodium goal every day, but not by huge numbers. I ate breakfast every day, and many lunches as well. I limited my alcohol. Only one day of two drinks, and many with none. I ate only half of my dinner entre โ€“ boxing up the rest for breakfast or Gregโ€™s snacks for the future. I gained weight, but within the week home lost it all.

Looking at my June goals, I did well โ€“ except never finished The Burning Page. I just couldnโ€™t through it. Will try to find something fun to read for July!

My July Goals

โ€ข Lose 4 pounds (always my goal), but be happy with a 2% loss for the month
    โ€ข Alternate days of Cardio and Strength Training
    โ€ข Follow Doctorโ€™s orders โ€“ go to Physical Therapy
    โ€ข Average 10K Steps per day

By Before and After for June

0q6pwg9zfw9o.png

โ˜€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Ž Happy July๐Ÿ˜Ž โ˜€๏ธ

June 30: 145
    July 07: 144.3
    July 14: 144.4
    July 21: 144.2

Prior Weeks Data
    July 1 144.3 ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ME! Happy with the weight loss. I'm sick. Head stuff, ears clogged. Hoping it doesn't last long. I did manage to get my monthly budget completed yesterday. June was a disasterous month - have to curb our spending for the next few months to make up for our trip to Hawaii!

July 2 145.2 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ME! Have to lower my step goal. Had doctor appointment yesterday - no walking for two weeks. Knee isn't healing like it should. Probably over did it in Hawaii. Looks like seated cardio - or get my butt to the lake for a swim instead of walking. But I just love my morning walks with Monty. Still feeling crummy - sore throat, stuffy ears. Also feeling sorry for myself - had little binge yesterday and was over my calorie limit - not by a lot - but over.

July 3 144.5 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ME! Just a small cardio workout yesterday. Spent the day cleaning the house. We have been focusing on the outside and the garden that I neglected the inside. It felt great to get it done. I love a clean house. Going to the doctor today for this sinus thing I have. I can't hear at all out of one ear, and now I have pink eye in both eyes! Guess it's time for some meds.

July 4 144.3 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ME! Went to the doctor, it's not pink eye, just a reaction from the sinus and ear infection. On antibiotics. Hoping it clears soon. I found some good seated cardio workouts on Paul Eugene's youtube channel that were kind of fun and felt like I was still exercising. I was over my sodium limit yesterday - might see a jump tomorrow - it ususally shows up two days later.

July 5 144.8 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ME! What I expected - I used every bit of my calories. Quiet 4th of July - Jill gave me the incentive to power wash - So got it out and did the front walkway. Fun! Got in two seated cardio workouts - counted one as my walk workout, the other as my cardio workout. Got my step goal completed - seated of course. Feeling a little better today - at least I could hear my hearing aid start up. To be honest, I was kind of scared that the ear infection will lead to more hearing loss. I am very hard of hearing already, it is really hard to live in a world and only hear half of what is said. The constant "what was that", is really frustrating for both me and others. People just don't get hearing loss - they roll their eyes like I am an annoyance when I ask them to repeat. Many times I just pretend I hear so I don't have to see it. The fact that I could hear the hearing aid start up to day was reassuring.

July 6: 143.9 ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ME! Got it all done yesterday. Finally got a good night sleep! Yesterday was a raining yucky day, so hubby couldn't work outside. I bought these rope lights for our screen porch eons ago - he finally got them put up. So happy with how they look. We are a little short, but they are ententable so have to order another small section to finish it. But my favorite relaxing spot is looking pretty good.

July 7: 144.3 ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ME! My typical Sunday uptick. I weigh in for my team challenge on Saturday. Nine times out of ten I am up on Sunday. The weigh in, on top of a weekend, and I self sabatoge. I ate every bit of my exercise calories yesterday - leaving only 98 calories on the table. I know that this doesn't work for me. But I seem to do it every week. Why do I treat Saturday like a weekend? I'm retired every day is a weekend. Old habits die hard I guess. The good thing is that it is temporary. Baby steps!

July 8: 144.1 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚Happy Monday everyone. Got it all done. Feeling a little better. I was thinking I would have to miss another week of Bingo with Mom. Our vacation, on top of the illness, means I haven't seen her in three weeks. But I am planning on going tonight. I am finding quite a few good seated workouts on youtube, but I have to admit I am getting tired of walking in my chair. It took of the "Me"time from my goals - it is just a given. I actually should change it to less "me" time! LOL!

July 9: 144 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ Didn't end up going to bingo with Mom, as the day progressed so did my feeling crummy. Another day of eating all my exercise calories - left just 30 calories on the table. Went to PT, another week of no walking (for now). A couple of new stretches to add to my routine.

July 10: 144.2 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ Feeling a little better, but another day of eating all my calories and over my sodium goal. I need to get it together I know that it doesn't work for me.

July 11: 144.1 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿฆต ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ A good day yesterday, feeling much better. Got everything done. Did a little cleaning of the house - relaxed. A nice day. Now that I am feeling better we are going to go out on the boat today. Should be fun, it's been a while.

July 12: 144.3 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ Frustrating day yesterday. Got motivated in the afternoon to make a stir fry dinner with the leftover rotisserie chicken we had. Cut up these beautiful rainbow of veggies and set aside for later. When I went to cook, the range circuit board must have fried - none of the buttons worked. Researched how to fix, found a youtube video but after pulling out the stove (cleaning the fuzzy slimey gunk from underneath), and doing what they said - still no luck. By the time the repair man could come out, research what was wrong - and then possibly fix we thought it would just be better to get a new one. Researched where we could find a new range in stock - most said delivery in a week. I cannot be without a range for a week. We finally found one and will go pick it up today - but needless to say my takeout Subway (which I wasn't anticipating) dinner was loaded with sodium. On the bright side - dinner prep is done for tonight!

July 13: 144.4 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿฆต ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ Probably still related to yesterday's salt issue. I had a good diet day. Frustrating experience with the range. But we finally got it and I used it last night to make my rainbow stir fry. I just took my last dose of antibiotics - I'm hoping that with a good day of eating today, and no more meds that I will see a swish tomorrow!

July 14: 144.4 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚Good day diet wise, under calories, used only half of exericise calories (that is what usually works for me) and sodium level was good. I expected a loss today - hopefully it will show up tomorrow. Going for our monthly visit to Greg's cousin for the day. Will be sitting most of the day, but will get a short workout in when I get home.

July 15: 144.2 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿฆต ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ Very happy that I got in my steps and execise goals in as I was away all day, and on my bottom most of the day. Nice visit with Greg's cousin (she is 91). She loves our visits - I think it is more about Monty than us - but am happy to see her smile. A saltier day, but still under my range. Tonight is Bingo with mom, hope I can resist the junk food on the table!

July 16: 144.4 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฆต ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ My two weeks of rest are up - so got my first walk in! Woo Hoo. It was so wonderful to get out there. I'm starting out slow and small - a 1.5 mile walk at one of our favorites - Haddam Meadow State Park. I love it for many reasons, it's flat, beautiful scenary, Monty can be off leash, and it has bathroom facilities (LOL). It took me a long time to finish this 1.5 miles, - probably all the pictures and not me following doctors orders! I'll still continue with the non-weight bearing cardio routines, and no deep lunges or deep squats with the strength routines. I think I need to do a change in my diet, things are not moving and when they do it seems to be going in the wrong direction.

July 17: 144.4 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿฆต ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ So far July has been a bit of a let down. Hoping to end the month stronger that the first half!

July 18: 144.2 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ I have a follow-up appointment for my knee this morning - eager to see what will happen next. Still have some pain - the PT says it is related to the bursae. From what I read on the internet - just rest and pain relievers. I don't really want to take any more NSAIDs and I think the walks actually seem to help not hurt - so hope she doesn't put me back to no walks!

July 19: 144 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฆต ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ My follow-up appointment went well; go another cortizone shot - this time in the bursae area - feeling fabulous already. She gave the go ahead to resume all activities - so got them all done. I did feel a little twinge on certain twisting aerobic moves so I avoided those. Have PT this morning, and then today is supposed to be a beutiful day - going to hit the lake - go out on the boat and for a swim.

July 20: 144.2 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚Over my calories yesterday - first time in a long time. I was already close to my calorie goal when I went to bed, BUT got up in the middle of the night and ate - putting me over the top. Just 125 calories - but over.

July 21: DNW ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฆต ๐ŸŠโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆDid not weigh today, really didn't want to know. I was off the rails yesterday. Got all my exercise in, even added a swim. But snacking while watching a movie, over my calorie range, over my sodium goal, and another snack attack while I had my insomnia problem again last night and I just didn't want to see it. I'm thinking of not looking until Wednesday, that's how bad it was! I did log everything though!

Week Four

๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฆต ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚

July 22: 144.2 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚I know I said I was going to wait until Wed, but realized that it was the end of the week and I needed to post my weekly number. I was pleasantly surprise as it was down .2 from last week - but my haven't hit my lowwest weight this month 143.9 (way back at the beginning of the month). I know I can't use all my exercise calories - it doesn't work for me. I haven't been following that rule. My new goal is to only use 25%, and shoot for none. I am determined to get to my goal weight this year.

July 23: 143.6 ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿฆต ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚My first smile since July 6. I don't get them until I am at the lowwest point for the month. Bingo with Mom last night - no winners. I resisted the goodies. Today - PT in this morning (thinking it will be my last), then Greg is off this morning golfing with a buddy so I have the morning to myself. Thinking I will binge watch some Outlander. I watched years ago, but recently added a new season to Netflix so am re-watching before I see the new season.

July 24: 143.6 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿง‚Quiet day. PT in the morning, going to go another week. He is happy with my progress, but there are a few spots he can feel that he thinks we need to work through. I don't mind going - I love the massage! I did get on the treadmill - the first time since my injury.

July 25: 143.9 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฆต ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚Another night of not sleeping well, and the snack monster got me again. After I eat I find it easier to fall back asleep. I used to have a lot of trouble sleeping when I was going through menopause - I was just too hot - but that had gone away. Now I seem to be in that pattern again, perhaps it's the summer weather. I turned off my Garmin fitness tracker in the afternoon - was trying to pair my husband's (he has abandoned it) so that I could wear one to bed, and one for the day and I forogt to turn mine back on. So didn't get my final steps or my sleep hours. I hate when that happens! And I wasn't successful either - boo hoo. I haven't been wearing mine to bed because I don't want it to run out of charge and lose my precious steps - LOL! From what I read, my resting calories may not be as accurate if I don't wear it - so trying to correct that.

July 26: 143.2 ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚Good day yesterday, didn't any thing special to make it that way - just felt good. And my swish this morning made it even better.

July 27: 143.3 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฆต๐Ÿง‚ Another nice day in CT. My knee was a little sore from Thursday's workout (I did the cardio workout standing for the first time), so we took a shorter walk in the AM. But I felt better by the afternoon. Worked in the garden - it's one thing after another - now we have squash bugs on the zucchini. Sprayed, and picked off what we could find. I did see three small squash growing! ๐Ÿ˜ Hopefully we'll have some fresh squash to eat this week. Picked four ripe grape tomatoes - Yum. Corn has some tassels started - I am doubtful that we will get any produce - but it's fun to look at. Made another batch of Arugula pesto that we are going to freeze (I have arugula coming out of my ears). Today Greg left to see his elderly cousin. Greg is in the process of becoming her power of attorney, fiduciary, and executor when she passes. When we were going over the paperwork, we noticed that the house was still in her late husband's estate name. After researching found out that the attorney and executor of his estate messed up on the probate paperwork. It has been a nightmare to fix - but they are working with a new attorney to get it corrected. If not corrected will be an even bigger nighmare later, so needs to get done before Greg takes over. Going to see her today to sign some papers. Hoping it get's resolved soon.

July 28: 144.8 ๐Ÿ“ A disasterous day on the weight loss front. Nachos and two BIG glasses of wine at lunch led to the beginning of a indulgence. Then a steak and cheese sub and chips for dinner. It was a planned rest day - so that coupled with my craziness led to the big swing upwards. The only goal I met was to log! I beat myself up enough, today is a new day - I will take my own advice and leave yesterday behind.

July 29: 144.1 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ Good day yesterday. Got it all done. Also cleaned most of the house (I had been letting it go - LOL). Just a wee bit more today to get it done. It's bingo night with Mom today - so we eat dinner at lunch time. Sometimes that makes for a good Tuesday weigh-in we'll see (if I avoid the goodies on the table). I made it to the 1,600 mile mark on my quest to complete 2,024 miles in 2024. ๐Ÿ˜ If you didn't see my post about the special one week Hogwarts challenge, they are opening the doors to everyone on MFP for a special one week event. If you are a Harry Potter fan check it out.

July 30: 144.2 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ— ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚ Rained all day yesterday - so just inside workouts for me. Nice night out with the family. Both by sister's won. My Aunt from florida is here for a visit so she joined us as well along with my other Aunt and Uncle . One Aunt won twice as well - as for me - the typical I go for the company! LOL. Today - PT and then Monty has his annual vet appointment. One more day of July and then a fresh new August!

July 31: 143.5 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿ“ ๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿฆต ๐Ÿซ€ ๐Ÿ’ฆ ๐Ÿง‚Glad to see the end of the month. Looking forward to fresh start tomorrow. August will have many challenges but I hope will be a little better than July. Will write reflection today and post tomorrow.
  • cattherien
    I'm Charlene, 59yo, 5'8", married 40 years to Allen, 6 kids, 9 grandkids, work as a caregiver for the elderly.

July goal: 178
    ๐Ÿฅ›= I met my water goal
    โœ๏ธ= I logged all my food
    ๐Ÿง‚= I stayed under my sodium limit
    ๐Ÿงฎ= I stayed under my calorie limit
    ๐Ÿฅ= Disc golf (golf, but with a Frisbee)

July 1: 182 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚ ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
    July 2: 180.8 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘
    July 3: 179.1 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ˜€๐ŸŽ‰
    July 4: 179.5 __โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿค
    July 5: 180.4 ๐Ÿฅ› โœ๏ธ __ ๐Ÿค
    July 6: 180.4 __ โœ๏ธ __ ๐ŸŸฐ
    July 7: 181.8 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ˜”
    July 8: 180.8 __โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ˜€
    July 9: 182.2 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ˜”
    July 10: 182.4 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ__๐Ÿ˜ฌ
    July 11: 181.8 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ๐Ÿ˜€
    July 12: 182.0 __โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ
    July 13: 181.5 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ๐Ÿ˜€
    July 14: 182.7 __โœ๏ธ__ __๐Ÿคฆ
    July 15: DNW โœ๏ธ
    July 16: 182.3 โœ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜€
    July 17: 183.8๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜”
    July 18: 181.7 โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ˜€
    July 19: 182.4 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ๐Ÿ˜€
    July 20: 181.7 โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ๐Ÿ˜€
    July 21: 183.4* ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ *new scale
    July 22: 183.2 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚
    July 23: 183.4 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ
    July 24: 182.7 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ๐Ÿ˜€
    July 25: 181.4 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ๐Ÿ˜€๐ŸŽ‰
    July 26: 183.8 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿซฃ๐Ÿซฃ๐Ÿซฃ๐Ÿซฃ
    July 27: 184.3 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿงฎ๐Ÿคฆ
    July 28: 183.6 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ ๐Ÿฅ ๐Ÿ˜€
    July 29: 184.9 โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
    July 30: 185.1 ๐Ÿฅ›๐Ÿ˜ถโ€๐ŸŒซ๏ธ๐Ÿคซ๐Ÿซฃ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
    July 31: 185.4 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ. ๐Ÿค”

Well. So the snack monster was bad last evening but I did not go into the kitchen, posting in here did actually help, some. I'm grateful for this group where I can do that. Even though the scale is up, I'm still pleased that I met my goals and didn't sabotage myself, even though temptation was intense.

I did take a 20 minute nap; in fact Allen said I was sleeping so hard that I was snoring. I was groggy when my alarm went off, and stayed that way for almost an hour, so, I dunno whether it was worth it. I didn't snack, so maybe it was...?

I'm thinking about protein sources, digestibility, cost, and taste. For me personally, I can't do whey protein anymore, because my lactose intolerance is bad enough now that Lactaid pills don't help. I can handle hard cheeses on occasion except Parmesan, but otherwise I can't do any milk products. I can do egg white protein, beef isolate protein, and pea plant protein. But these are all very expensive, and it ends up being cheaper to just buy beef, eggs, and peas! I'm actually not a huge fan of eggs; it's been that way since my childhood. I have to cover the taste with something else. So I struggle to figure out a good way to reliably get them into me without resenting them. Buying meat, while high protein, is expensive and not necessarily healthy to be eating it multiple meals a day. I try to avoid deli meats and sausages because of the sodium count. And often they're higher in fat than in protein, anyway. I can't do soy - I also have an intolerance to it, I discovered that because I love edamame, but it doesn't love me back. So while I can handle a little bit of soy that's inside packaged things, and occasionally do sushi or fried rice made with gluten free soy sauce, I can't do soy as a concentrated protein source. I've tried using digestive enzymes, chewing more, eating smaller meals... The intolerances don't seem to respond very much to those efforts. A tiny bit; but not enough to avoid the unpleasantness that causes me to have to miss work because I have to be constantly near a bathroom.
    I can, and do, eat all sorts of fish and seafood. I just have to spread that out because of the price. I love canned, fresh, smoked, dried, you name it and I love it. I just have to watch that sodium, especially with things like herring, calamari, sardines, anchovies, etc. But they're very good protein sources so they're in my diet regularly.

This is just musing out loud in the subject, I don't have any solutions, but I'm absolutely open to suggestions, because sometimes I'm too close to a problem to see an out-of-the-box solution.
  • cattherien
    @ilive2walk thanks for info about the couple other groups you've tried, don't how you ended up leading one of them! I did look around the Hogwarts one and put my name on the spreadsheet, I'm going to give this a solid go for the rest of the week, though I feel like I need a Hogwarts challenge for dummies, when I look at the sophisticated/complex system they've set up.

@deepwoodslady well shoot, I'm really sorry to hear that the new doc was not only a waste of your time [not to mention gas!], but he was rude, to boot! What a jerk. ๐Ÿคจ
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,872 Member
    weight.png

My name is Donna. I am 5โ€™ 5โ€ tall, 64 years old and from Michigan USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250โ€™s; 240โ€™s; 230โ€™s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180โ€™s; 170's; 160's; 150โ€™s

This Challenge Starting Weight (from June 30th): 187.0
    Goal: 183.0 (Four lb Loss)
    Actual Ending Weight: 188.4
    Total Lost/Gained this month: 1.4 lbs Gained

**********************ONE DAY, ONE STEP, ONE DECISION AT A TIME********************

FIRST HALF OF THE MONTH

Weight in blue makes me blue because itโ€™s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because itโ€™s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

07/01-187.0-(Trend Weight 186.6)-

07/02-185.4-(Trend Weight 186.3)-

07/03-185.4-(Trend Weight 186.3)-

07/04-186.2-(Trend Weight 186.5)-

07/05-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

07/06-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

07/07-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

07/08-189.2-(Trend Weight 187.2)-

07/09-189.0-(Trend Weight 187.6)-

07/10-189.2-(Trend Weight 188.0)-

07/11-187.8-(Trend Weight 188.4)-

07/12-DNW-(Trend WeightDNW)-

07/13-189.0-(Trend Weight 188.4)-

07/14-189.4-(Trend Weight 188.6)-

07/15-189.4-(Trend Weight 188.6)-

SECOND HALF OF THE MONTH

07/16-188.8-(Trend Weight 189.0)-

07/17-187.0-(Trend Weight 188.8)-

07/18-188.6-(Trend Weight 188.8)-

07/19-188.0-(Trend Weight 188.7)-

07/20-186.2-(Trend Weight 188.4)-

07/21-188.0-(Trend Weight 188.5)-

07/22-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

07/23-188.2-(Trend Weight 188.8)-

07/24-188.6-(Trend Weight 188.9)-

07/25-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

07/26-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)-

07/27-189.4-(Trend Weight 189.2)-

07/28-189.2-(Trend Weight 189.5)-

07/29-189.4-(Trend Weight 189.7)-

07/30-189.8-(Trend Weight 190.0)- I forgot to NOT weight in as planned due to the travel yesterday. As long as I accidentally stepped on the scale, I may as well document it. The ankle and foot specialist appointment was a bit of a waste of time. He canโ€™t help me with my main issues although he does see a bunionette on my right foot he could surgically fix. He says the next steps to the neurologist and the EMG needle poking in the feet tests should yield more answers and (eventually) treatment options for my issues. He was rude to the point of almost being obnoxious. Whatever happened to bedside manner? Shame on him, he had lots of gray mixed in his hair and was plenty old enough to know better. I wonโ€™t be going back.

07/31-188.4-(Trend Weight 190.3)- I had a run-in with my contractor yesterday making it an emotionally draining day. I donโ€™t think today will be any better. The crew arrived this morning and is working on the vinyl siding outside, but he is not here yet. He will be working on my bedroom today with another drywall person. I dread even seeing him! I will try to stay away from emotional eating. Yesterday was tough but I managed. Yesterday I very purposely had OMAD plus my night snacks. I still need to cut down in the snack department. Iโ€™m a work in progress. Exercise has been non-existent. I need to fix that. I feel like I will be starting August chasing my own tail, but Iโ€™m grateful that I was able to have this nice overnight drop on the scale. See you for the August round.
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,919 Member
    @jm216 will we be continuing August? Itโ€™s the 1st tomorrow here in Oz!

Pretty disappointed in myself for gaining so much weight back this month.

July start 107.2kg
    Ending at 108.7kg

July weigh in

Start weight 107.2kg
    Goal weight 106 kg

6. 107.3kgโŒ
    7. 107.3kg โŒ
    17. 108.5 - 1528 โœ…
    18. 108.4kg - 1518 โœ…
    26. 108.9kg gym 1641 โœ…