Weekly Challenges Until Christmas- Week 1

Options

Replies

• sme1985
    Options
    I would love to join! I'm new to MFP and think this is going to be a great group challenge :) I'm looking forward to meeting some people, feel free to add me; I'd love some friends and support. Good Luck Everyone!

Starting Weight: 133
    Current Weight: 133
    Goal Weight (by 12/24): 120

Fitness/Food Goals: Cardio workout 4-5 times a week for 35 minutes (get that heart rate up!), increase strength and muscle, drink more water, eat veggies 2-3 times a day.
  • sanifr
    sanifr Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Save
  • agriffin87
    Options
    SW: 261 lbs
    CW: 260 lbs
    GW: 235 lbs ISH!

To start drinking 8 glasses of water a day and to walk 10 miles a week!
  • light_shimmer
    light_shimmer Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Good Monday Morning :)

Haven't been meeting the water goals ( pretty darn close though ) but I did manage the excercise part. Been working in my yard, doing the fall cleanup before we get whacked with snow. I had five yards of cedar mulch delivered I'm working on spreading, but have to cut the gardens down first- that's a workout!

On top of the gardens, I've been beating the crap out of my punching bag every night for at least a half hour. It works for me :)

Hows everybody doing?
  • tamiwinters1
    Options
    I've been good about my water intake and trying to eat right, but would definitely like to apply myself more at the gym. Right now I am just walk/running on the treadmill (mostly walking). I want to become a runner, but am taking it slow. My husband keeps telling me to get into a strength training routine as well. I know he's right, but have been avoiding it... Working on changing that this next week. Good luck everyone! :smile:
  • Trillian73
    Trillian73 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I went to a fair yesterday so I ate a little junk, but not as bad as it could have been, and I walked around for over 4 hours. Back on track today. Nearly meeting my water goals, but not quite doing it.
  • bach134
    Options
    Count me in :) Just started today and really need motivation! Usually work in kilos though so might take me a while to get used to pounds!

SW: 160lb
    GW: 145lb
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Ran 2 miles yesterday, did Turbo Fire today and working on the H2O!
  • paulagj
    paulagj Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I started the Insanity workout last night (officially) --- very tough, but I'm going to do my best to stick to it! I can literally feel the fat melting away during this workout : ) I hope I can keep up.
  • mountiewife
    Options
    I started the Insanity workout last night (officially) --- very tough, but I'm going to do my best to stick to it! I can literally feel the fat melting away during this workout : ) I hope I can keep up.
    I've been wanting to do this as well....but I don't know if I'm ready for it yet..let us know how it goes...maybe I'll get brave and try it too:)
  • tamiwinters1
    Options
    So... when I clicked on Alaina's name it said she has deactivated her account...? If that is true, we should still do this! I don't know how to do the registration form, but we could simplify it a little and still do this. Not sure how we would set up the teams... Any ideas?
  • mountiewife
    Options
    I'm still in!!! do we need to do teams? every week we could pick a challenge or something extra to add to our usual fitness routine like do 100 squats/day for the week or lunges, crunches whatever. If I actually knew how to use the computer, we could do up a chart with everyones progress...maybe we should look through some of the closed groups to see how they've set up:) :)
  • Trillian73
    Trillian73 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm still in. I liked the idea of having some new challenge each week...I think this week was supposed to be drinking our water?

Some groups keep charts; others just have each person keep track of their own, I think.

I've been doing pretty well this week...drinking my water, walking just about every day I think.

How's everyone else doing?
  • llsansan
    Options
    I’m excited to join the group. I had lost 30 lbs, but then I stop exercising. I gained haft the weight back. Today is the day I get back on track. I got up at 0400 to work out before work and it felt great.

SW 166
    GW 145
  • mountiewife
    Options
    So....today is Thursday.... time to post the challenge for week 2, looks like we've lost our group leader so I'm just gonna throw this out there for next week if anyone is still interested:

Drink 10 glasses of water/day
    do 5 workouts this week
    do 100 squats everyday this week

Tomorrow is weigh-in and start of the new challenge week. Good luck everyone!!!
    If any of you have any ideas or suggestions for future weeks...please jump in and post them
  • sme1985
    Options
    Thanks!
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Thank you for jumping in and doing this! I'm still in. I'll post my weight in the morning. I'm a little nervous about agreeing to do 100 squats a day.....but okay, I'll try! Somebody may have to message me to remind me...I seem to have a mental block on remembering that squats EXIST!!!
    So....today is Thursday.... time to post the challenge for week 2, looks like we've lost our group leader so I'm just gonna throw this out there for next week if anyone is still interested:

Drink 10 glasses of water/day
    do 5 workouts this week
    do 100 squats everyday this week

Tomorrow is weigh-in and start of the new challenge week. Good luck everyone!!!
    If any of you have any ideas or suggestions for future weeks...please jump in and post them
  • mountiewife
    Options
    I'm going to break my squats up into 4 sets of 25 & do them throughout the day...I'll try to post on here everyday to remind you!!! I'll be posting my weight in the morning too(fingers crossed that it's down:wink: )
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge. I am working to get my butt in gear for my PT test in November... so I need all the accountability I can get!

SW: 217
    CW: 201
    GW: 180 by the end of the challenge

Fitness goals: To build back up to 5 mile runs, to run at least 3 times a week, and to get my 1.5 mile run down to low 15's by late November.

I will have to remember the squats... I started a situp program today and start the pushup program tomorrow... so by time I throw in a run and my squats I should be feeling it!! :)
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Are we going to keep using this thread, or make a new one for week 2?