Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Back on MFP and confused

EmJustEm05
EmJustEm05 Posts: 23 Member
I was on MFP yeeeaaars ago… and back then on your home dashboard you could type entries and share progress photos that your friends could see and comment on. You also had a feed of your friends where you could comment on their entries. Is that no longer a thing? A Premium only thing? Or am I just completely missing it? On iOS if that makes a difference. Thanks y’all!

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,627 Member
    It's no longer a part of MFP. Mutual support is now available just through the Community where you're posting now, including groups; and through direct messages with friends in the other part of MFP.
  • EmJustEm05
    Well… that makes me sad. I enjoyed that personal aspect of it.
  • AnnPT77
    I don't know whether it will help, but I tried to get a thread going about how to get/give support after the newsfeed was gone. It didn't get much traction, but a few people did post suggestions.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10918673/finding-support-and-like-minded-people-in-the-mfp-community#latest
  • EmJustEm05
    Aww thanks for that! I just found the groups things. Does that seem to be helpful or another dud?
  • AnnPT77
    EmJustEm05 wrote: »
    Aww thanks for that! I just found the groups things. Does that seem to be helpful or another dud?

It varies. There are a lot of old or inactive groups. Some of the inactive (or nearly inactive) groups still contain useful information.

There are also some active, useful groups, but they can be hard to find. The easiest way to find some of those is to look at posts that "advertise" the group. Those posts can be anywhere in the Community, but there tend to be more of them in the Challenges or Motivation and Support sections of the Community. (Even some of the ongoing threads there might give you some newsfeed-like personal interactions.)
  • Ann262
    Ann262 Posts: 266 Member
    Thanks for asking. I was confused too!