Hi Everyone! No ENERGY EVER..HELP

Options
Hello! My name is Jennifer. I want to lose at least 60lbs and I am starting TODAY...No more living like I do now. I am sick of this weight! I need motivation and I think I have come to the right spot! My sister in law told me about this last night and I am ready for a change! I feel like crap all the time from never having any energy. I need suggestions, motivation, and support! Any suggestions on how to get started when I never have the energy??

Replies

• snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I gained so much energy by learning to reduce my caloric intake. Eating so few calories forced me to eat much better so I would be able to not only eat the calories, but eat healthier foods to improve how long I'd stay full on those calories. My boyfriend just added a salad a day and took out 99% of soda, and he already has much more energy.

This will take time, you may lose motivation, but this site and these forums are the best thing anybody could ask for :D
  • ssmom
    ssmom Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    baby steps! Start with making yourself do one thing, a 10 minute walk is not much to start with but it's better than nothing. And better food choices! Every little bit counts and you can keep adjusting as you move along. Good luck!
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Hey JC, I don't think there is any magic formula. The first thing you should probably do is speak to your Doctor to make sure you don't have any treatable condition that's causing the fatigue. Assuming that you don't have any conditions then it's a matter of putting one foot in front of the other (even when you don't want to). As soon as you get going and lose a few pounds it will get easier and easier. The first two weeks will be the hardest, but you can do this. Take it one day, one meal, one walk at a time. Don't go from 0 to 100 in 6 seconds. If you try to bite off too much at once you won't be able to stick with it. Start today. Just go for a stroll...not a power walk...not a marathon. Just go for a walk. Then do it again tomorrow, and the next day and so on. Before you know it you will be walking further, faster and longer than you thought possible. It will get easier to add other activities. Good luck to you!
  • raaeft1
    raaeft1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have been taking Spirulina capsules on medical advice. My weight has come down and I am feeling more energetic. Calorie restriction and increased exercise are the way to go although I have not yet achieved these goals.
  • juggalotus
    Options
    Cut out sodium! I mean, not all the way of course. But sodium can hold onto water and make you feel bloated and icky....I try to not eat anything that has over 250mg of sodium in it. I usually range between 1000 and 2000mg of sodium per day. That's still a lot though. It's tough because there is sodium in everything! Also, get plenty of potassium! Potassium helps flush out sodium and it plays a big role in how your nerves fire impulses to your muscles and other targets in your body!! Make sure you also get plenty of protein, sleep and a lot of water!

I don't know if you're going to be working out, or how often but if you can't find the motivation to work out, just do it. Seriously...MAKE yourself do it. There are days where I do NOT want to go workout, but I force myself and I'm always SO glad that i did! I notice a huge difference between the old me who didn't work out, and the new me who works out! I felt like a lazy, fat blob before, and now I feel good :) Trust me! It really DOES get easier. I noticed from looking at all my exercise logs, My endurance is increasing week by week. I am able to tolerate this machine longer, and at a higher level. You just have to take it slow! I know you can do this.

If your fatigue doesn't improve after getting into a routine, i would talk to your doctor. Good luck1
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    I make sure to get at least 7 hours of sleep, but no more than 9. I supplement my diet with Shakeology, Fish Oil, and multivitamins geared toward athletes. I also work out every day (active rest on my rest days like walking or light cardio).

I rarely drink coffee and it's even more rare to have an energy drink. That's what works for me! Feel free to shoot me a friend request :)
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I so agree - I find the more I do the more I want to do. Even when I am not motivated to go out for a walk, if I make myself I then completely fire up and am always really glad I did it.
  • frankiesats
    frankiesats Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Eating the right things as part of a balanced diet will give you more energy. Eating 500 calories of empty rubbish won't give your body the right nutrients, however, if you eat 500 calories of good fat, protein, carbs etc. you will find that you are less tired.

It may also be worth a trip to the doctors - I'm severely anaemic and suffer from extreme fatigue but slowly i'm getting through it!

Good luck with the weight loss :)
  • JennyJacobsen
    JennyJacobsen Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I would recommend drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day, take a multivitamin and eat healthy!! Plenty of fruits and veggies. Exercise for me Has boosted my energy level quite a bit I do know its hard at first but like with any Habit U get into it feels weird when U don't do it. It will be the same for exercise. I had a cortizone shot in my spine Wed for my spinal stenosis and it was not normal staying home the whole day! I really wanted to be at the gym.
    I also do a variety of activities to stay out of boring Ruts with being active. I play racket ball with my son. Started doing Zumba on Saturday morning with my mom. The more people get involved with U Helps tremendously.
    We are doing a biggest loser game at our house for the season on TV the person with the most percentage of weight lost between my husband me and my 12 year old son Wins $100 at the end of the TV season :) Now for me that is motivation because None of my clothes fit me anymore. Can we say SHOPPING!! So that is the scoop from me. Good Luck and keep smiling :):):)
  • techymum
    Options
    COngrats on finding this site, your friends were right! The people here have inspired me and driven me to do more than I ever imagined possible :-)

You CAN feel better, I can barely compare the old me to the new me. Start with the Dr visit, just to rule out anything there. And then head out for a little walk. Day 2, go for another walk, and just keep building. What is that saying, Just move it!

THe good news, too, is that it does not take very long at all to turn things around. I think that has been the most surprising part for me.

Good luck - you will do wonderful!
  • jcbutterflyy
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! I know that I can do this!! Good luck to all of you too!!