Why can't I copy or edit my recipes?

Since yesterday, I am no longer able to copy or edit my recipes. I still seem to be able to create new recipes, so I could just re-enter a recipe but for long ones, this is a major pain. I know this issue has come up a few times in the past, but I found a place on myfitnesspal's site that says it's been "fixed".

Best Answers

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,726 Member
    edited August 11 Answer ✓
    hey MFP techs - can you help us out here? this is the second day of this glitch already

If you want personal attention from MFP techs, contact them directly.
    As posted at the top of this subforum:
    "*PLEASE NOTE: This is not a monitored tech support channel. For troubleshooting, please reach out to our Customer Happiness team at https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us"

I would try updating the app first before contacting them.
  • peterhub2
    peterhub2 Posts: 3 Member
    Answer ✓
    August 16: This morning I installed the latest update to my devices and tested them and they seem to work now. I also tested the web app (using Chrome) and I can edit my recipes there too. Thanks to everyone for your comments.

Answers

• deanonumber10
    deanonumber10 Posts: 10 Member
    I've had this same issue as well and for longer recipes, recreating them takes a long time.
  • kassandra8286
    kassandra8286 Posts: 1 Member
    Same issue. I tried to edit the number of serving sizes in an imported recipe, and my edits didn't save. I thought maybe imported recipes from a commercial site are somehow protected from editing (???) so I deleted it and recreated it from scratch, but I can't save the new recipe at all. When I tried to select "save and log it" a box popped up saying "There was a problem logging your recipe, please try again later." Any ETA on fixing this glitch?
  • chesseditor
    chesseditor Posts: 3 Member
    Same issue yesterday and today. I was able to enter a new recipe a few minutes ago. When I went to edit it I removed 1 item, leaving 3. The Save button is completely unresponsive.
  • giadimedici
    giadimedici Posts: 72 Member
    hey MFP techs - can you help us out here? this is the second day of this glitch already
  • peterhub2
    peterhub2 Posts: 3 Member
    This happens on the web app as well as my devices. To my knowledge, there is no way to "update" the web app.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,726 Member
    Lietchi wrote: »

If you want personal attention from MFP techs, contact them directly.
    As posted at the top of this subforum:
    "*PLEASE NOTE: This is not a monitored tech support channel. For troubleshooting, please reach out to our Customer Happiness team at https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us "

I would try updating the app first before contacting them.

I messed up the link for support:
    https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
  • chesseditor
    chesseditor Posts: 3 Member
    Same problem persists today, edit is broken as I stated above 8/10.
    In addition I am unable to copy a recipe, receiving "Failed to copy recipe" at the top of the recipe list.
    I have cleared my cache and cookies without any change in behavior. I have also tried this with both Chrome and Firefox.