I just got cursed out ... RANT

So i just called this customer of my dry cleaners to let her know our policy and what we do in a situation when good are damaged during the cleaning process that is abnormal and due to the material and circumstances. She told me that she got stains on it that was cake or coffee six months ago and hasn't cleaned it since. When we put chemicals (basic dry cleaning) on it the fabric just burned. so either the coffee reacted to it or if it was cake then bugs could've gotten into it. Whatever the situation was we would reimburse her for her dress accordingly to the policy. I guess she didn't like the policy and wanted 400 dollars. She started to curse and even threatened my life and my business. So i wanted to get this off my chest. Not a good day but i'm not going let one crazy irrational person ruin my day. So if She wants to "make my F***ing life a living hell" + ***** calling x 30 then let it be. Money can't buy class or humanity

Replies

• rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Ha, I would have told that dirty skank that I hoped she washed her panties more often than she washed her dresses ::P
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    You were just used as an emotional punching bag by someone who obviously makes lots of poor decisions. Not fair or fun! I'm sorry :(
  • Gotta roll with the punches. People are nuts.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    So i just called this customer of my dry cleaners to let her know our policy and what we do in a situation when good are damaged during the cleaning process that is abnormal and due to the material and circumstances. She told me that she got stains on it that was cake or coffee six months ago and hasn't cleaned it since. When we put chemicals (basic dry cleaning) on it the fabric just burned. so either the coffee reacted to it or if it was cake then bugs could've gotten into it. Whatever the situation was we would reimburse her for her dress accordingly to the policy. I guess she didn't like the policy and wanted 400 dollars. She started to curse and even threatened my life and my business. So i wanted to get this off my chest. Not a good day but i'm not going let one crazy irrational person ruin my day. So if She wants to "make my F***ing life a living hell" + ***** calling x 30 then let it be. Money can't buy class or humanity

Be careful what you ***** about on the internet.
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Call the police. If she actually threatened your life ( even if she was just venting) that is NEVER cool and should not be tolerated.
  • the joys of customer service...i know them all too well.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    At least she was offered a new dress through your policy. Some places don't do that and leave it as the customer's responsibility. Some people aren't grateful at all.
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Wow someone is crazy. If she cared that much about the dress, she should have had it cleaned sooner.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Obviously her favorite piece of clothing. Yuck!!! Her problem, not yours.
  • molonlabe762
    molonlabe762 Posts: 411 Member
    I know what you mean. I work in the medical feild and Ive had patients act like that when they dont get what they want. People dont understand that buisnesses have policies and depending on the profession have to follow certain laws.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    I hate people most days....
  • tewsy
    tewsy Posts: 34
    They can go to hell. **** happens.
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Ha, I would have told that dirty skank that I hoped she washed her panties more often than she washed her dresses ::P

me too. i'm not good with disrespect. i bite back.
  • daniellesb1
    daniellesb1 Posts: 178 Member
    Wow, people ARE crazy, and obviously - DIRTY if you dont wash your dirty dress for over 6 months..... BTW, it was a dirty dress that impeached a president once, no ?? :laugh:
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    If she threatened your life.........I would totally tell her that I am going to call the cops and report that she is threatening to kill you over a piece of clothing. Just in case she does decide to do something crazy.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    I would start documenting anytime she's called etc and I agree call the police and get a restraining order if you have too you just never know what people are capable of these days you know.
  • bugsygal89
    bugsygal89 Posts: 48 Member
    Don't let it get you down :-( she sounds like she's taking out her bitterness on you and her attitude isn't going to get her very far in life. If she isn't happy with being reimbursed to any extent, that's her problem. It sucks to be her but she should be more careful about clothing if it really costs that much money.

I hope you get better customers to make up for that <3
  • I agree with the others. If she's threatening your life and business over a dress then you need to call the cops. Not only has she threatened you but now she's harrassing you if she's calling 30x's or so.

Yuck!!
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member

exactly.
  • xo_jewel_xo
    xo_jewel_xo Posts: 696 Member

I hate most people most days....