Weekly accountability and reflection

Replies

• TheRusticRebel
    TheRusticRebel Posts: 34 Member
    sollyn23l2 wrote: »
    Im gonna join in here. I keep trying and failing. And have about 50lb to lose. Ive done this before. In 2018 i went from 197 to 138. I was feeling good and maintained till about 2020. Just fell of the healthy wagon completely during lockdown. Without my regular routine it just fell apart and i slowly gained all my weight back and a week ago.i started my weightloss journey again. At 193. Ugh. Today i was 191.2. So yay! I need somewhere to post like this. I tried a daily thread a few months ago but that was too much and i ended up quiting.

For me just kot eating cheetos and cheezits out of the vending machine at work and taking healthy lunch instead of going out for fast food has been all i needed. I need to add in some walking soon. But for now im trying to.stick to not eating so much junk

😂 that's what I did... I used to bring a family size bag of cheetos into work and plow through it throughout the day. Then, I decided "ok, no more bags of cheetos at work". It made a big difference.

Its amazing right? And also not eating 1k calories worth of fast food at lunch lol.
  • cbreck848
    cbreck848 Posts: 11 Member
    145.2 Up 3 pounds.

I wasn’t going to post but I’m going to be honest with myself.

Yesterday it wasn’t as high but here we are.

I know exactly why. It’s not surprising to me at all.
    1. Major work stress with the school year starting.
    2. Not prioritizing myself on my to do lists at all because it felt like there was too much to do.
    3. Binging on crap to reward myself or to have a f it all attitude about work coming.
    4. Not drinking my 2 water bottles a day.
    5. Not planning on vegetables, just making foods I thought my kids would eat (which involved a lot of cheese).
    6. Having a lot of trouble sleeping (which raises my cortisol levels and also makes me crave carbs/fat/sugar and have less energy and motivation to exercise)

So there it is. Not surprising. What I say to myself right now holds a lot of power though.

There is no time limit. This may take some time. Quitting won’t speed it up. I see the choices that I made and the effect it had on my body and health. And that means I can choose differently today and moving forward.

I choose to prioritize my health and energy this school year. Life will always be stressful. It’s okay that it’s on an uptick right now. But I will not be the sacrificial lamb anymore. Start small. Start easy. Walks, water, more veggies. This is the way.
  • TheRusticRebel
    cbreck848 wrote: »
    145.2 Up 3 pounds.

I wasn’t going to post but I’m going to be honest with myself.

Yesterday it wasn’t as high but here we are.

I know exactly why. It’s not surprising to me at all.
    1. Major work stress with the school year starting.
    2. Not prioritizing myself on my to do lists at all because it felt like there was too much to do.
    3. Binging on crap to reward myself or to have a f it all attitude about work coming.
    4. Not drinking my 2 water bottles a day.
    5. Not planning on vegetables, just making foods I thought my kids would eat (which involved a lot of cheese).
    6. Having a lot of trouble sleeping (which raises my cortisol levels and also makes me crave carbs/fat/sugar and have less energy and motivation to exercise)

So there it is. Not surprising. What I say to myself right now holds a lot of power though.

There is no time limit. This may take some time. Quitting won’t speed it up. I see the choices that I made and the effect it had on my body and health. And that means I can choose differently today and moving forward.

I choose to prioritize my health and energy this school year. Life will always be stressful. It’s okay that it’s on an uptick right now. But I will not be the sacrificial lamb anymore. Start small. Start easy. Walks, water, more veggies. This is the way.

Stress is no joke. Its so easy to.get derailed. All i can say is hang in there. 💪
  • TheRusticRebel
    Last week: 191.2
    This week: 187.8

Down 3.4lbs!
    Ive been very mindful of my eating. Ive cut out many processed foods. Prioritizing protein and instead of snacking I get out my yarn projects and knit or crochet on a WIP. Its helped a ton. And because im making sure to get my 100g protein daily i dont feel starved.

• 4rnvqs5dwd
    4rnvqs5dwd Posts: 3 Member
    Hello everyone. Gonna chime in myself. I have about 100 more lbs left. It’s hard to exercise but I found that swimming is a great way to get it done. Been going all summer. And let me tell you. It’s working. I’m not dropping lbs as fast as I’d like to but my muscle tone has drastically increased and my tummy is flattering out. I’ve been doing outdoor pool but now I’m joining a gym with a pool. I have a lot of metal in my body which makes it difficult to exercise but I can actually do some since I began swimming. Good luck everyone with continued weight loss
  • cbreck848
    143.8 down 1.4. I averaged 13,000 steps a day teaching WITHOUT any official exercising. No wonder I’m tired!

But I did better job of not emotionally eating this week. So I’m very proud of that.

I’m going to focus on all of my water this week and getting sleep.
  • lyneahb
    lyneahb Posts: 2 Member
    Hello everyone. I’m posting for the first time. Like many others in this thread I’m finding myself in a situation where for the last several (ten?) years, my weight has fluctuated up and down about 20-30 pounds. Much of this I attributed to two pregnancies during that time, and I did get all but like 5 pounds of the weight off after, both times. But my weight started eeking upwards in about 2018; in 2019 I was able to lose 25 pounds on my own, mostly though “diet” (calorie restriction) and exercise. During the pandemic I gained significantly as well. By the end of 2021 I was back in the same boat and lost 25-30 pounds, again, by summer 2022. Now, I’m back at square one. And I’m sick of this rollercoaster. I want off the ride. I want to find and make a lifestyle change that is sustainable.

Mostly the only reason I have had success in losing weight in the past is because I eat less than my recommended calories. I have tried low carb, or protein rich diets which are supposed to keep me fuller for longer, and they just make me gain weight. I am now trying to eat lean protein, fruit, and vegetables, and limit dairy and carbs. I’m not perfect with diet, obviously, or I wouldn’t be in this boat to begin with. In spite of best efforts it seems like the scale keeps moving up and I’m very frustrated. Is it because of my age that I just can’t get the weight off? (I will be 40 next week.) Is there something metabolically wrong? I’m told no. But I’m just here spinning my wheels..

Exercise - I’m trying to figure that out. My go to’s are cardio like running and cycling. I have signed up for a 5k turkey trot on thanksgiving to try to motivate myself over the next few months.

I don’t want or expect to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight. That ship has sailed. I would just like to be able to get dressed everyday without having a menty b.

CW: 162 (at last check, 2 days ago)
    GW: 135-140

• TheRusticRebel
    cbreck848 wrote: »
    143.8 down 1.4. I averaged 13,000 steps a day teaching WITHOUT any official exercising. No wonder I’m tired!

But I did better job of not emotionally eating this week. So I’m very proud of that.

I’m going to focus on all of my water this week and getting sleep.

Awesome!
  • TheRusticRebel
    4rnvqs5dwd wrote: »
    Hello everyone. Gonna chime in myself. I have about 100 more lbs left. It’s hard to exercise but I found that swimming is a great way to get it done. Been going all summer. And let me tell you. It’s working. I’m not dropping lbs as fast as I’d like to but my muscle tone has drastically increased and my tummy is flattering out. I’ve been doing outdoor pool but now I’m joining a gym with a pool. I have a lot of metal in my body which makes it difficult to exercise but I can actually do some since I began swimming. Good luck everyone with continued weight loss

Swimming is a great way to excersize. Its good you found something that will work for you. You didn't just give up.
  • TheRusticRebel
    lyneahb wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I’m posting for the first time. Like many others in this thread I’m finding myself in a situation where for the last several (ten?) years, my weight has fluctuated up and down about 20-30 pounds. Much of this I attributed to two pregnancies during that time, and I did get all but like 5 pounds of the weight off after, both times. But my weight started eeking upwards in about 2018; in 2019 I was able to lose 25 pounds on my own, mostly though “diet” (calorie restriction) and exercise. During the pandemic I gained significantly as well. By the end of 2021 I was back in the same boat and lost 25-30 pounds, again, by summer 2022. Now, I’m back at square one. And I’m sick of this rollercoaster. I want off the ride. I want to find and make a lifestyle change that is sustainable.

Mostly the only reason I have had success in losing weight in the past is because I eat less than my recommended calories. I have tried low carb, or protein rich diets which are supposed to keep me fuller for longer, and they just make me gain weight. I am now trying to eat lean protein, fruit, and vegetables, and limit dairy and carbs. I’m not perfect with diet, obviously, or I wouldn’t be in this boat to begin with. In spite of best efforts it seems like the scale keeps moving up and I’m very frustrated. Is it because of my age that I just can’t get the weight off? (I will be 40 next week.) Is there something metabolically wrong? I’m told no. But I’m just here spinning my wheels..

Exercise - I’m trying to figure that out. My go to’s are cardio like running and cycling. I have signed up for a 5k turkey trot on thanksgiving to try to motivate myself over the next few months.

I don’t want or expect to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight. That ship has sailed. I would just like to be able to get dressed everyday without having a menty b.

CW: 162 (at last check, 2 days ago)
    GW: 135-140

You got this! Baby steps.
  • txdc48
    txdc48 Posts: 14 Member
    Wow I loved reading all the posts here. I hope everyone is still around, I can totally relate as well and am ready to get back to taking more conscious and consistent steps to losing the 15-20 lbs I’ve gained over the past few yrs also. I’ll start weighing and chiming in on Sundays too. Was 146.6 the other day at my dr appt. I’m 58 and 5’1 . The extra weight is causing other problems now so it’s (past) time to pay better attention to my choices.
  • TheRusticRebel
    Last week: 187.8
    This week: 185
    Loss: 2.8lbs

This week was weird. My weight kept going up and down all over the place. I did not think i would wake up this morning with a loss at all. Bodys are strange.

Just stuck to my plan and kept myself busy with my crafts. Lifes been busy so that helps. Hope everyone else had a good week.
  • TheRusticRebel
    txdc48 wrote: »
    Wow I loved reading all the posts here. I hope everyone is still around, I can totally relate as well and am ready to get back to taking more conscious and consistent steps to losing the 15-20 lbs I’ve gained over the past few yrs also. I’ll start weighing and chiming in on Sundays too. Was 146.6 the other day at my dr appt. I’m 58 and 5’1 . The extra weight is causing other problems now so it’s (past) time to pay better attention to my choices.

Welcome! Cant wait to see your progress!
  • cbreck848
    143.4 down .4

That is surprising because I didn’t pay attention to my eating and had some emotional eating evenings. I’m really struggling with sleep lately. Not sure if it’s stress or perimenopause or both.

I’ll be starting the 3rd week of teaching this school year (my 17th year) and it’s hitting different. I’m absolutely exhausted at the end of each day. Also fighting off a cold now. So when I add in more intentional exercise it will have to be early in the morning. I’ve done it before so I know I can do it again, but the lack of sleep is rough. Going to reach out to my doctor again for suggestions.

I know I can feel better. I’m just in a rough patch. This coming week I will focus on sleep, 2 water bottles a day (64-80 oz), and tracking my food again (with an emphasis on veggies).
  • lyneahb
    lyneahb Posts: 2 Member
    Checking in today as forgot to post yesterday.

Weight last week: 162
    Weight yesterday: 156

I’m mostly focusing on diet right now and not trying to over do it by focusing on both exercise and diet at the same time which usually causes me to crash and burn.

Not eating sweets or bread right now. Limiting drinking alcohol. Not snacking. I think it’s ok to do these things every once in awhile and in moderation but as a person who cannot have “just one” of anything - chips, a bite of ice cream, a beer - abstinence is the best policy for me right now. It is annoying at times but if I keep myself busy it’s not that hard. I have also several times found that telling myself “no” out loud (yes really) as a means of disrupting an automatic bingeing behavior really works.

I am feeling better, mentally, this week. A lot more to go but hopeful. Like I said previously, I want to achieve sustainable change. Not a quick fix. So I’m working toward find a healthy eating pattern that works for me physically, metabolically, and emotionally.

Hope everyone is having a good week. ❤️
  • Dreamroper
    Dreamroper Posts: 39 Member
    I turned 70 in May and for the last 30 years, I have gained and lost the same 15 lbs. I quit smoking at 40 and from then on it's been a struggle. I'm in good shape and live on a small farm, so I'm pretty active, but I'm disgusted with myself for having such little will power. It's night time that is hard for me. Even if I'm not hungry I have a compulsion to snack. I also have a sweet tooth and at night is when I like to have a treat, and it's usually something baked. I'm 5'2" and weighed myself this morning, and was 151.9. I feel best around 137-140. Good luck everyone on your journey. It's nice to know we're not alone.
  • TheRusticRebel
    lyneahb wrote: »
    Checking in today as forgot to post yesterday.

Weight last week: 162
    Weight yesterday: 156

I’m mostly focusing on diet right now and not trying to over do it by focusing on both exercise and diet at the same time which usually causes me to crash and burn.

Not eating sweets or bread right now. Limiting drinking alcohol. Not snacking. I think it’s ok to do these things every once in awhile and in moderation but as a person who cannot have “just one” of anything - chips, a bite of ice cream, a beer - abstinence is the best policy for me right now. It is annoying at times but if I keep myself busy it’s not that hard. I have also several times found that telling myself “no” out loud (yes really) as a means of disrupting an automatic bingeing behavior really works.

I am feeling better, mentally, this week. A lot more to go but hopeful. Like I said previously, I want to achieve sustainable change. Not a quick fix. So I’m working toward find a healthy eating pattern that works for me physically, metabolically, and emotionally.

Hope everyone is having a good week. ❤️

Great job. Im.doing basically the same thing. I havent added in any extra excersize yet.
  • TheRusticRebel
    Dreamroper wrote: »
    I turned 70 in May and for the last 30 years, I have gained and lost the same 15 lbs. I quit smoking at 40 and from then on it's been a struggle. I'm in good shape and live on a small farm, so I'm pretty active, but I'm disgusted with myself for having such little will power. It's night time that is hard for me. Even if I'm not hungry I have a compulsion to snack. I also have a sweet tooth and at night is when I like to have a treat, and it's usually something baked. I'm 5'2" and weighed myself this morning, and was 151.9. I feel best around 137-140. Good luck everyone on your journey. It's nice to know we're not alone.

I cant ever have just one either. 😫 glad you're here. :)
  • TheRusticRebel
    Last week: 185
    This week: 183.6
    Loss: 1.4 🥳

Whoo hoo!!

Just doing the same thing. Just keepimg at it and working on my projects. Might decided to add in strength training soon. But our oldest dog and most beloved ( 12 1/2 weve had him since he was a puppy) is nearing the end. Hes on meds that are giving him a good quality of life currently But those could stop working at any time😢 so im having a tough time doing things that involve being away from.hjm.
    We probably only have a week or two left.

Hope y'all had a good week.
  • cbreck848
    142.2 down 1.2. This surprised me because this week was odd. But I’ll take it!

Luckily my job is very active but I know that adding in full body strength training will be really good for my body, especially in my late 40’s. So that’s my next goal.

I’m going grocery shopping today and I’m going to wash and prep my veggies ahead of time to make it easier.

I’d like to break 142 this coming week. My first big goal is to get back into the 130’s. I’ve been trying to do so for the last 2-3 years. I can and I will do it. I will learn new ways that work for my new body at this phase in my life.