Thicker Areas..

Options
I was just reading a post on losing weight in certain areas. A few years ago I lost abut 20lbs, it came off my chest, and legs mostly, a bit off my stomach too but it was still pretty soft compared to everywhere else. When I gained the weight back it came back in different places than I had it the first time - more in my hips and thighs. These were always my good areas.. even my arms gained more weight than before. It's not like I gained more weight back, I'm at exactly the same as I was before losing weight the first time. Why did my fat move?

Anyone else's weight yoyo and move to a different area? I think it's weird that it my shape changed from an apple to a pear.. Maybe I was just too young for it to settle on my hips.. I don't know..

Replies

• laird20k
    laird20k Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I was just reading a post on losing weight in certain areas. A few years ago I lost abut 20lbs, it came off my chest, and legs mostly, a bit off my stomach too but it was still pretty soft compared to everywhere else. When I gained the weight back it came back in different places than I had it the first time - more in my hips and thighs. These were always my good areas.. even my arms gained more weight than before. It's not like I gained more weight back, I'm at exactly the same as I was before losing weight the first time. Why did my fat move?

Anyone else's weight yoyo and move to a different area? I think it's weird that it my shape changed from an apple to a pear.. Maybe I was just too young for it to settle on my hips.. I don't know..
  • sparrowlittle
    Options
    Doesn't over indulging in different types of food make you gain in different areas? Or maybe it is down to a difference in lifestyle/activity? (I'm guessing here)

Since having children I find that I gain weight on my belly a whole lot more because the muscles are slacker while my arms stay trimmer because I am forever picking them up or carrying them around.

I used to always hold weight on my bum, lost it all once and now I'm getting larger thighs and tummy this time around.