Doughnuts: Why are you so delicious?

Options
I'm frustrated with myself today. I've been trying to not only stay within my calorie limits everyday, but make sure that the calories I consume are coming from lean protein, vegetables, and fruit. I have been very strict with what little carbs I've put into my mouth this week- until this morning. Enter- the chocolate frosted cake doughnut. My nemesis. One look at that bad boy made my mouth water with anticipation. I know I should have practiced self-control, however, I didn't. So by eating one of those delicious morsels, I've not only consumed sugars, fat, and bad carbs, I now have to be extremely diligent with what I eat for the rest of the day! Note to self: a chocolate frosted cake doughnut, while utterly delicious, is NOT a breakfast of champions. :ohwell:

Replies

• ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I scarfed down an Apple Cinnamon one from Dunkin the other day.
    It wouldn't have been so bad had I savored and enjoyed each bite. But, I looked down and the darn thing was gone.

Ugh!
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    One doughnut will not kill you or ruin your diet. HOWEVER... I suffer from the same issues so I avoid donuts like the plague. I love them too much. And that's one reason why I'm fat.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Well Homer I think you should feel good that you were "good" up to now and just plan on working out with Marge and the kids.
  • dropofhope
    Options
    First of all, you just made my day! :laugh: :laugh: I have the same struggles with french fries. They taunt me on a regular basis...That being said, I hope you savored the donut. None of us will ever be perfect eaters, just better eaters. Thank the heavens above for such a delicious creation and jump back on that wagon!

Happy Friday!
  • I went to Alton Towers Theme Park last Friday and ate a couple of their hot donut rings....I can never resist them they are awesome! I did run around the park for hours on end so hopefully burnt some of them off! We are alll allowed treats sometimes, just make sure they are treats, not usual diet, and exercise a bit more to make the allowance.
  • foodluver27
    Options
    I love donuts...it's my kryptonite..ugh! They are just so darn tasty and melt in your mouth :) But. Must. Stay. Away.
  • debcarv
    debcarv Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    First of all, you just made my day! :laugh: :laugh: I have the same struggles with french fries. They taunt me on a regular basis...That being said, I hope you savored the donut. None of us will ever be perfect eaters, just better eaters. Thank the heavens above for such a delicious creation and jump back on that wagon!

Happy Friday!

Very well said, I second that and Amen!
  • awal2069
    awal2069 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    If you are constantly dieting and never letting yourself have something you want, then what is the point?
    Having a "bad" thing every once in a while wont hurt you....
    I had a piece of Great American cookie cake slice for dinner last night..... LOVED EVERY BITE.
    I am good for cookies for a while now. They are my donut, my arch enemy. I am a cookie *kitten* what can I say?
    Knowing that tomorrow we can eat and excercise right - and keep maintaining that is all that matters right?
  • jbrautigam24
    jbrautigam24 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Oh did I savor...I deliberately broke it into pieces and ate them one by one until is was gone!
  • louisebear
    Options
    I had that day yesturday, three mini chocolate rolls and a donghut!!!!!!!!! OMG HAHAH LOVED EVERY MINUTE....once i realised i said thats it, cut down my calories for dinner and started afresh the next day. I think its a good think, stuff it down OUT OF MIND!!!! lolol i felt soo sick afterwards that i think ill be staying clear of chocolate for a few weeks :O)
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I scarfed down an Apple Cinnamon one from Dunkin the other day.
    It wouldn't have been so bad had I savored and enjoyed each bite. But, I looked down and the darn thing was gone.

Ugh!
    Ooh I had a chocolate cream filled one from Dunkin' Donuts the other week. I regret nothing (my donut had to take a 2 hour flight from FL to get here), plus, anyone who knows me knows I love things that are chocolate and cream filled.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Oh did I savor...I deliberately broke it into pieces and ate them one by one until is was gone!

That's good-calorie leakage, less calories because they fall out when you break the food up