Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Sudden change in exercise calories given to me

umvqzis1fd4g.png

So today is day 41 or something and my daily caloric goal is 1220 and I woke up with it showing 883 calories having been burned already!!! This is the first time this has happened. Is this a glitch or does something change after you lose weight?

Replies

• sbdriver2
    sbdriver2 Posts: 20 Member
    I used to only show calories burned by exercise, but now I think it's showing calories burned by metabolism. Yesterday MFP showed I had burned 773 calories when I went to add my breakfast food. Normally it would say 0 calories burned until I entered exercise. This morning it showed I had burned 785 calories before any exercise.
  • annehallscott
    annehallscott Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks. This makes sense.
  • BlueberryRipple
    BlueberryRipple Posts: 7 Member
    I think this is new – the same thing is happening to me but in fact it is giving me about 700 cal extra to eat, not just displaying them.

I used to get an update every time I updated my Fitbit tracker which showed me how much extra I had earned through actual steps taken
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 447 Member
    Came here to ask the same thing. It’s definitely changed the way it adds exercise calories over the last 3 days (I’ve used MFP in conjunction with Fitbit for over 11 years!). It should be adding more as we move throughout the day but the last 3 days it’s added a load early on and actually got less later on. Don’t like it!! Not sure if it’s a glitch or whether they’ve changed how they do it. I run on a morning so not sure if it’s now assuming same level of activity all day (not likely!!)
  • azd487
    azd487 Posts: 3 Member
    Me too I woke up yesterday and today with about 1170 yesterday and 1070 today. I’m trying to lose weight so it is confusing me to the max. Usually mine says 0 until I exercise and then it adds onto it from Fitbit. Be nice if they’d mention this as an update or something.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,440 Member
    Chances that you burned over 800 cal in 27 minutes is very unlikely even with purposeful movement. I would not count those additional calories. Seems like there is a glitch in the system.
  • azd487
    azd487 Posts: 3 Member
    Fitbit is working on it and so is mfp I emailed one and live chatted the other. It’s an error.