Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

KIDNEY STONES!

I’ve been dealing with these chronically since March. I had one stuck and had a cystoscopy and a stent now I’m dealing with more (pain not as bad as the one stuck *knock on wood*) I’ve never seen any pass they some how magically disappear.

How do you all who have kidney stones deal with it? I have a few life issues that these bad boys are causing problems with.

- I get so nauseous I’m scared to drink because I don’t want the pain of them moving and the nausea I don’t feel like eating.

- I’m a nurse I’m looking for a job. Being on my feet all day already is strenuous. I don’t want to start a new job and be calling in all the time. So how do you (those who have demanding jobs) deal with this and find time to get water in?

Any advice is great 🩷

Replies

• mickt850
    mickt850 Posts: 3 Member
    Want to be friends
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,270 Member
    No advice, just utmost sympathy. My husband gets them occasionally and they reduce him to a puddle of his usual manhood.

I’ve only had one once. Went to the doctor a couple weeks ago worrying I had the beginnings of another. Turned out to be severe dehydration.

Can they not do the laser thing and get you some relief?

Hugs. ( I’d like to smack whoever hit “like” on your post. 🤬). Hope things improve for you.
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 533 Member
    You have my sympathy as well.

I'm not sure if you've already looked into which type of kidney stones that you have, but if not it's worth asking and depending on which types there might be some things to limit/avoid in your diet to lessen them, hopefully.

Regarding finding time to get water in, I typically start my day with a glass of water (mine is around 330 ml) then I make it a point to always have a glass at every meal. I tend to sip on the remainder throughout the day between meals, and log my water intake here on MFP. Teas, coffees, and juices all count as well apparently, in case water is a struggle.

I hope things get better for you, take care.
  • xombiebite
    xombiebite Posts: 276 Member
    I haven’t caught any of the buggers so they can’t test. I am currently using a 32oz water bottle with the times on them so I know how much I should be drinking. I drink 3 a day plus a 591ml of Gatorade zero to “spice it up” lol

I got a call today I see my urologist Monday so I’ll see what he says.

Thanks everyone.
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 533 Member
    That sounds frustrating waiting to catch them. If what I read online is true, urine samples and blood tests can show which type they are as well.

That seems like plenty water. I hope all goes well on Monday and you get some help with this.
  • jeri30
    jeri30 Posts: 60 Member
    xombiebite wrote: »
    I haven’t caught any of the buggers so they can’t test. I am currently using a 32oz water bottle with the times on them so I know how much I should be drinking. I drink 3 a day plus a 591ml of Gatorade zero to “spice it up” lol

I got a call today I see my urologist Monday so I’ll see what he says.

Thanks everyone.

I'm surprised they didn't give a strainer to use when peeing or pee into a cup and then put it through a strainer). I was given one. If not, I suggest either asking your doctor for one or you can just buy one (google strainer for kidney stones).

Keep drinking the water. 11,672 reviews with a 4.3 rating on Amazon: Chanca Piedra Stone Breaker – Natural Dissolver, Kidney Cleanse & Gallbladder Supplement – Detoxify Urinary Tract, Flush Impurities, Clear System – 60 Vegan Soft Capsules https://tinyurl.com/45b5zceh swear by this that is helps. I do have a bottle of it and it seemed like it helped.

I always get UTIs with my stones so I take D'Mannose pills (it's the nondigestible sugar that is extracted from cranberries into powder form. It also only works on E. Coli based infections which the majority of UTIs are. If it doesn't clear it up, then you've also got non-E. Coli involved, in which case I've had success with garlic (fresh, chopped up garlic that I let rest for 10 minutes before taking to max the allicin in it).

Some people swear jumping up and down helps to pass the stone.
  • LoganBennett715
    LoganBennett715 Posts: 29 Member
    So far, as I have encountered the patients with Kidney Stones, out of which 3 to 4 were from my family, that they have easily able to get rid of it with just increasing their water intake.