Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How often are you weighing yourself?

TDlooser
TDlooser Posts: 7 Member
edited October 2023 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
I do weekly but I Talley it up monthly. Can’t wait to share my results with you all next month!!!

Replies

• rosiekin
    rosiekin Posts: 80 Member
    I very rarely weigh myself. Last time was about March time. When I was trying to lose weight, I weighed monthly.
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 491 Member
    Sometimes multiple times daily, but sometimes Ill forget and miss a couple of days.
    I dont get emotional or reactive about the numbers. I do think its interesting how weight fluctuates during the day. I generally record my "official" weight when I get home from work in the evening. My lunch is carefully measured and I typically dont have drinks after 2 or 3. It seems to me like a good way of standardizing the conditions leading up to the weigh-in.
  • momlongerwalk
    momlongerwalk Posts: 28 Member
    Daily on rising. Keep spreadsheet with 7, 14 and 21 day averages. Keeps it real,but it's just data. I'm like the person who said a Month of weekly weigh ins isn't fine enough. But I weigh 125 lbs so a pound or two really means something.
  • LoganBennett715
    LoganBennett715 Posts: 29 Member
    I do it daily, but the main thing that you need to check out here is the timing. If you weigh yourself after breakfast or even coffee or tea, you will weigh significantly more. So, it would help if you weighed yourself immediately after waking up.
  • bx886htt26
    bx886htt26 Posts: 1 Member
    Lost 12 pounds and can’t seem to drop any more. I stay within the 1200 calories but no weight lost for over two weeks
  • trixsterjl31
    trixsterjl31 Posts: 55 Member
    Daily. When I wake up after going to the bathroom, naked. LOL.
  • trixsterjl31
    trixsterjl31 Posts: 55 Member
    edited September 9
    bx886htt26 wrote: »
    Lost 12 pounds and can’t seem to drop any more. I stay within the 1200 calories but no weight lost for over two weeks

Stalls happen. Stick to it. You arent gaining and that is a plus. Two weeks is about the longest i've had and it was related to Keto and not being in ketosis. Try a 24 hour water fast to cleanse maybe calorie up a bit before the fast. I'm not saying binge i'm just saying maybe hit your maint calories for the day and then do a fast starting when you go to sleep until you get up for about 32 hours. Do it before an off day so your ready to be in the bathroom when you break the fast.
  • LoganBennett715
    I weighed myself every morning and the results were good till I reached the loss of 12 kg. Now I can see the difference of 2 to 3 kg per 15 days.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,629 Member
    I weighed myself every morning and the results were good till I reached the loss of 12 kg. Now I can see the difference of 2 to 3 kg per 15 days.

Losing 2-3 kg per 15 days would be quite fast loss. I hope you're not considering the earlier results good because they were lots faster, unless you weight maybe 300+ kg.
  • LoganBennett715
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Losing 2-3 kg per 15 days would be quite fast loss. I hope you're not considering the earlier results good because they were lots faster, unless you weight maybe 300+ kg.

Not that much but quite a half of it. I was having about 150 kg. I have lost about 20 Kg in 3 months, but now I see weight loss of 3 to 4 kg per month. I know it is bit less, but I am losing it gradually.